CDZ Critics Slam Movie 'Midway' Because it is Embarrassing to be Reminded of How Good We Once Were

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Midway will be great. Can't wait to see an American War movie with British actors playing Americans.
Brits have a talent for playing war heroes, it seems, just look at Field Marshall MontGomery.

He made quite a career of eating Patton's dust on two continents.

I mean really- how petty have Cons gotten?

There have been lots of movies that I have disagreed with the critics(Knight and Day, Hobbs and Shaw come to mind), I have never started a whole thread to blame all critics- and weirdly enough- a decorated war veteran on Veterans Day.
Conservative propaganda that they are the only ones who love America
Can't love Merika if you want to change everything about it.

Wanting it to get better shows you love it

You forget, you've shared your vision of the future of this nation.

No sane person could describe that as "better".
So have you Klan Boy

What was wrong with my vision, you fucking asshole?

The increasing discrepancy between critics and the viewing audience they supposedly serve, especially when there is any political angle to the the movie,

is a valid point.

Your attempt to dismiss it, is not reasonable.

If that was the actual topic of this thread then it might be a reasonable discussion.

Is there 'an increasing discrepancy'?

I once saw a movie critically acclaimed by almost all of the critics- and it was the most boring and depressing movie I have ever seen- and it was some 30 years ago.
There has always and always will be instances of disconnect between fan favorites and critics. I find the biggest disconnect to be for action and science fiction films.

When is the last time, that a film with even the possibility of a right leaning political message, got a positive critical review while the audience panned it?
Happens all the time.
10 movies released this year that critics loved but audiences didn't, including the unsettling horror film 'Hereditary'

And yes- the audiences had it right for Anhilation.

Sorry, can't see past the ad blocker.

Which one was right leaning, got a positive critical review score while the audience panned it?

Sorry- I don't go around first judging whether a film is 'right leaning' or 'left leaning'- is there some special Sean Hannity approved list for this- sort of the new Vatican approved list of movies for Conservatives?

What even would that mean I wonder "America good, everyone else bad?"

The Joker was perceived by critics as being right leaning, and was panned, despite being a great movie.

Batwoman, was seen as being left leaning by the critics and was loved by the critics, despite being crap.

Your pretense of not understanding this, is not credible. You are just dodging a point, you don't want to address.

And especially not credible, as you choose to come into this thread, and to comment on the issue.

Conservative propaganda that they are the only ones who love America

So have you Klan Boy

20/20 White male Christian vision

The stupid Liberals are just pissed that the actor that played Nimitz was not Black or that the pilots were not squadrons of Lesbian women and that the enemy was not White Supremacists. You know, like all the other Hollywood movies.

The thing about the Battle of Midway is not solely that we were that good but that we were also pretty darn lucky. The battle could have gone differently.

So have you Klan Boy

My, what a racist statement

So have you Klan Boy

I agree totally

Correll is a racist

So have you Klan Boy

I agree totally

Correll is a racist
No.
You're a white male that hates White males who are religious.
Seems pretty racist to me.
Also very confused.

If that was the actual topic of this thread then it might be a reasonable discussion.

Is there 'an increasing discrepancy'?

I once saw a movie critically acclaimed by almost all of the critics- and it was the most boring and depressing movie I have ever seen- and it was some 30 years ago.
There has always and always will be instances of disconnect between fan favorites and critics. I find the biggest disconnect to be for action and science fiction films.

When is the last time, that a film with even the possibility of a right leaning political message, got a positive critical review while the audience panned it?
Happens all the time.
10 movies released this year that critics loved but audiences didn't, including the unsettling horror film 'Hereditary'

And yes- the audiences had it right for Anhilation.

Sorry, can't see past the ad blocker.

Which one was right leaning, got a positive critical review score while the audience panned it?

Sorry- I don't go around first judging whether a film is 'right leaning' or 'left leaning'- is there some special Sean Hannity approved list for this- sort of the new Vatican approved list of movies for Conservatives?

What even would that mean I wonder "America good, everyone else bad?"

The Joker was perceived by critics as being right leaning, and was panned, despite being a great movie.

Batwoman, was seen as being left leaning by the critics and was loved by the critics, despite being crap.

Your pretense of not understanding this, is not credible. You are just dodging a point, you don't want to address.

And especially not credible, as you choose to come into this thread, and to comment on the issue.
LOL- I do love how you view movies entirely through a partisan lens. How sad your life must b e.

I can see why you love Joker though- since it is really about his victimhood and persecution.

The stupid Liberals are just pissed that the actor that played Nimitz was not Black or that the pilots were not squadrons of Lesbian women and that the enemy was not White Supremacists. You know, like all the other Hollywood movies.

You racist victimhood badge in full display.

The Battle of Midway was fought with White men against Yellow men.

The White men won.

The White men won.

And I know in your world it is all about white men and those who are not white.

Sad life you live.

The thing about the Battle of Midway is not solely that we were that good but that we were also pretty darn lucky. The battle could have gone differently.

It was not luck, it was planned.

We understood Japanese tactics and they under estimated us constantly.

The result was very similar to the shelacking the GOP is giving the Dims in these Rumorblower impeachment hearings that are not legit.

The White men won.
No, Freedom won.

We had a lot of Negroes and Asians in our forces too.

It was a collrctive effort though 90% white males, true. We are expendable.

So have you Klan Boy

I agree totally

Correll is a racist
No.
You're a white male that hates White males who are religious.
Seems pretty racist to me.
Also very confused.
These ass holes are so ungrateful to Christians who gave them modern medicine, science, philosophy, rule of law and the freedom of this nation.

They imagine all the Earth is like this, no big deal.

They are utter fools.

I saw the movie 'Midway' last night and it was just as exciting as I thought it would be and more. I felt good seeing Americans pull together and fight for a common cause like we did back then, but alass, that America is no more.

Just one example, Admiral Nimitz. As portrayed in the movie, Nimitz was willing to buck common consensus and listen to people who were experts in their field but not part of the reigning Establishment. He fully empowered the code breakers and went with intercepted intell instead of what 'Washington thinks' and won the battle of Midway as a result.

Our Oligarchs have degenerated as a class of people from Nimitz down to John McStain. The Liberals used to castigate the man, but once he went Never Trump he became the press corps hero again.

So we went from being a people of action, driven by facts and theory to being just a gaggle of paid off crooks.

It is a sad thing to see in our country.
I saw the movie 'Midway' last night and it was just as exciting as I thought it would be and more. I felt good seeing Americans pull together and fight for a common cause like we did back then, but alass, that America is no more.

Just one example, Admiral Nimitz. As portrayed in the movie, Nimitz was willing to buck common consensus and listen to people who were experts in their field but not part of the reigning Establishment. He fully empowered the code breakers and went with intercepted intell instead of what 'Washington thinks' and won the battle of Midway as a result.

Our Oligarchs have degenerated as a class of people from Nimitz down to John McStain. The Liberals used to castigate the man, but once he went Never Trump he became the press corps hero again.

So we went from being a people of action, driven by facts and theory to being just a gaggle of paid off crooks.

It is a sad thing to see in our country.

That’s because the American military men who fought that fight were real American men. The ones liberals are trying to stomp from history.

That’s because the American military men who fought that fight were real American men. The ones liberals are trying to stomp from history.

Yeah, they sure werent pajama Boys, thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back