Critics: Obama’s media snub ‘troubling’

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
You just can't take the THUG out of a community Agitator. Maybe now the Lamestream Media will get off it's knees for this Ugly Petty man.

SNIP:
By Jessica Heslam
Thursday, May 19, 2011 - Updated 4 minutes ago
+ Recent Articles + Recent Blog Entries + Email + Bio
Boston Herald Media Reporter
Reporter Jessica Heslam covers the media for the Boston Herald.
EmailE-mail PrintablePrint Comments(107) Comments LargerSmallerText size Bookmark and Share Share

The White House is engaging in a “troubling” pattern of heavy-handed dealings with the press, media critics said after yesterday’s news that the Boston Herald was frozen out of full access to a presidential visit to its home city.

“It’s always troubling when you have the administration deciding what’s fair in the media or what is unfair because that clearly does create a situation where they are trying to select the coverage that they’re going to receive,” said Boston University College of Communication dean Tom Fiedler, who covered the White House as a reporter for the Miami Herald.

Emerson College polit-ical communication prof-essor Gregory Payne said the administration goofed.

“The best thing you do would be to grant full access to your reporter and allow him to see the strength of the president. Also to appreciate differing perspectives.”

BU communication professor Tobe Berkovitz said that in an age of complacent press, “the Herald should be honored that at least they’re not a sycophant and a lap dog for the White House.” He added that the White House is “obsessed” with supportive media outlets.

“It’s par for the course for this White House,” Berko-vitz said of the Herald snub.

Recent incidents include Obama snapping at tough questions, and a threatened ban on Hearst newspapers over a pool reporter’s cell phone video of protesters mocking Obama.

The flap over press access to the president began with a White House aide’s e-mail denying a Herald reporter pool duty, citing a front-page Mitt Romney op-ed story during Obama’s March 8 visit as an example of bias.

White House spokesman Matt Lehrich, an Arlington native whose uncle is top Obama adviser David Axelrod, told the Herald: “I tend to consider the degree to which papers have demonstrated to covering the White House regularly and fairly in determining local pool reporters. . . . I think (the Romney op-ed) raises a fair question about whether the paper is unbiased in its coverage of the president’s visits.”

read it all..
Critics: Obama’s media snub ‘troubling’ - BostonHerald.com

So Obama doesn't dance your jig. Is it really any different than what Bush did? He didn't have much use for a lot of what the media said either. One minute y'all are tough as nails and then you're bawling about he's not treating you right. Pick a strategy, will ya?!?!

I don't know, Stephanie. This may be the very thing Obama should continue doing with increased frequency. If he could only thoroughly piss off most or all the MSM enough, maybe they would start reporting news instead of swill.

Because of that pesky thing known as the U.S. Constitution the Herald has the right to print whatever it wants on its front page, be it news, an opinion piece, or the comics if it so desires.

Barry boy doesn't like what they printed one day so he has a WH staffer retaliate by not extending to the Herald the same opportunity of other WH media. Doesn't surprise me at all. I'm a former Chicagoan, where they've honed this sort of stuff to a science.

Forum List

Back