CDZ Critically reading Trump's foreign policy speech from 27-April-2016

The biggest issue I have with Trump's speech is the fact that he says the worldwide faith and respect in America is waning for both our allies and enemies...which I do not disagree with at all...however, if you look at international news our allies are pretty much terrified of a Trump presidency since he seems so loony and our enemies (namely ISIS) haven't really shown that they fear or respect him in the slightest. With that in mind, Trump is probably the worst thing we could think of as far as foreign policy is concerned. Even Hillary, which I am NOT a fan of, would likely do better than Trump.

Do you even understand what is causing the Syrian Refugee situation? If it's not Radical Islam, what is it? SMFH

His statements were false? The Boston Marathon Bombers just made his statement true.

Sigh. Yes- once again his statements were false. I have put the false statements in red. Not one of yours posts has contradicted the facts. Which is that

The struggle against radical Islam also takes place in our homeland. There are scores of recent migrants inside our borders charged with terrorism. For every case known to the public, there are dozens and dozens more. We must stop importing extremism through senseless immigration policies. We have no idea where these people are coming from. There’s no documentation. There’s no paperwork. There’s nothing. We have to be smart. We have to be vigilant.

And we know where the Boston Marathon bombers came from. There was documentation. There was paperwork. There wasn't 'nothing'.

I am addressing what Trump actually said- rather than speculation as to what he might or might not have been talking about.
LMFAO His statements weren't false, you're, very poorly, looking for anything you can to exclaim ignorance on something that you seem to know very little about. :yawn:

Prove me wrong- Here are the four statements of his which are flat out false:
We have no idea where these people are coming from.
There’s no documentation.
There’s no paperwork.
There’s nothing.
Those are four sentences of a complete paragraph, they are not statements. SMFH

You have been proven wrong and shown to be wrong, even by Clapper and Comey, both of the Obama Administration.

I think you have a different definition of 'shown to be wrong' since so far all you have done is point out that I have correctly pointed these specific false statements by Trump

There’s no paperwork.
There’s nothing
LMAO The Obama Admin disagrees with you, the media doesn't see it the way you do, anybody that has followed politics this season is laughing at you, they all know he is talking about the Syrian Refugees.

Instead of doubling down on ignorance try actually looking it up.

Why would you expect me to defend what another poster wrote?

The point is Trump was right, we are NOT adequately screening these refugees , as confirmed by the Director of the FBI

The point is that Trump didn't say we are not adequately screening refugees. He didn't mention refugees. He said we have 'no idea where', 'there's no paperwork' 'there's nothing'- all false statements.

Was he lying- or just displaying his ignorance?
He's not lying nor displaying ignorance, the only one doing such is you, but when you attempt to take things out of context, that is what you do. Anybody that has followed politics knows exactly what Trump was talking about and about whom he was talking. Why must you lie and display such ignorance? Is it ideological stupidity? Or do you just dislike Trump?

What did I take out of context?
Why do you presume you know that Trump was saying something other than what he actually said?

This is the clean debate zone- and a) you aren't supposed to attack other posters and b) I haven't lied once.

Trump doesn't want his words closely examined. And this is a good example of why.
His words aren't being closely examined by you, they are being taken out of context by you because you have issues with him, its your way of trying to attack him on something you are failing to comprehend that not even the media is doing.

You still haven't been able to show how I have taken anything out of context.

Trump probably was being his usual bombastic hyperbolic self- but what he said was false

There’s no paperwork.
There’s nothing
Nothing you are showing that he stated is false, your ignorance of what he is talking about does stand out though. :2up:

Sigh. Yes- once again his statements were false. I have put the false statements in red. Not one of yours posts has contradicted the facts. Which is that

The struggle against radical Islam also takes place in our homeland. There are scores of recent migrants inside our borders charged with terrorism. For every case known to the public, there are dozens and dozens more. We must stop importing extremism through senseless immigration policies. We have no idea where these people are coming from. There’s no documentation. There’s no paperwork. There’s nothing. We have to be smart. We have to be vigilant.

And we know where the Boston Marathon bombers came from. There was documentation. There was paperwork. There wasn't 'nothing'.

I am addressing what Trump actually said- rather than speculation as to what he might or might not have been talking about.
LMFAO His statements weren't false, you're, very poorly, looking for anything you can to exclaim ignorance on something that you seem to know very little about. :yawn:

There’s no paperwork.
There’s nothing.

You have been proven wrong and shown to be wrong, even by Clapper and Comey, both of the Obama Administration.

I think you have a different definition of 'shown to be wrong' since so far all you have done is point out that I have correctly pointed these specific false statements by Trump

There’s no paperwork.
There’s nothing
LMAO The Obama Admin disagrees with you, the media doesn't see it the way you do, anybody that has followed politics this season is laughing at you, they all know he is talking about the Syrian Refugees.

Well if he was speaking about Syrian refugees- again he was either lying or ignorant.

Once again- Trump's actual words- not fantasies of what he said:

The struggle against radical Islam also takes place in our homeland. (None of the terrorist acts in the United States have been by Syrian)
There are scores of recent migrants inside our borders charged with terrorism.(None of them Syrian)
For every case known to the public, there are dozens and dozens more.
We must stop importing extremism through senseless immigration policies.(senseless how? The Boston Bombers and the wife of the San Bernadino shooter all came through normal immigration policies- not as refugees- so again- not about Syrian refugees)
We have no idea where these people are coming from. (We know where each of the persons who committed terrorism came from. When it comes to Syrian refugees- we have documentation where they are from- we 'have an idea' where they come from- so once again- Donald's statement is false)
There’s no documentation. (The United States has documentation on all immigrants except illegal immigrants(again- not Syrian refugees) and a certain percentage of foreign tourists- once again Donald's statement is false)
There’s no paperwork. (as above- false)
There’s nothing. (as above- false)
We have to be smart. We have to be vigilant. (it would be smart not to make false claims)

I have no doubt that Trump was speaking to his supporters- and wanted low information Trump supporters to believe that he was saying that Syrian refugees are terrorists, and to believe that there is no documentation of Syrian refugees, and that there is no paperwork for Syrian refugees- in other words Trump wanted his supporters to believe all of his falsehoods.

There’s no paperwork.
There’s nothing.

There’s no paperwork.
There’s nothing

Well if he was speaking about Syrian refugees- again he was either lying or ignorant.

The struggle against radical Islam also takes place in our homeland. (None of the terrorist acts in the United States have been by Syrian)
There are scores of recent migrants inside our borders charged with terrorism.(None of them Syrian)
We must stop importing extremism through senseless immigration policies.(senseless how? The Boston Bombers and the wife of the San Bernadino shooter all came through normal immigration policies- not as refugees- so again- not about Syrian refugees)
We have no idea where these people are coming from. (We know where each of the persons who committed terrorism came from. When it comes to Syrian refugees- we have documentation where they are from- we 'have an idea' where they come from- so once again- Donald's statement is false)
There’s no documentation. (The United States has documentation on all immigrants except illegal immigrants(again- not Syrian refugees) and a certain percentage of foreign tourists- once again Donald's statement is false)
We have to be smart. We have to be vigilant. (it would be smart not to make false claims)

I have no doubt that Trump was speaking to his supporters- and wanted low information Trump supporters to believe that he was saying that Syrian refugees are terrorists, and to believe that there is no documentation of Syrian refugees, and that there is no paperwork for Syrian refugees- in other words Trump wanted his supporters to believe all of his falsehoods.
:YAWN: Why does the Obama Administration say you are wrong? Clapper and Comey say you haven't the first clue as to what you are attempting to claim. :cuckoo:

You should inform the media as to Trumps supposed falsehoods, since you seem to be the only person in the world that is making these claims from this speech.

Do you know why nobody else is talking about what you are claiming? Because the low information person, including the media and the other candidates, that listens to Trump actually knows more about whats going on and what was said then you. You should give this info to Cruz and Clinton so they can use it against Trump.

What, neither of them are using it???? I wonder why that is? :itsok:

Last edited:
There’s no paperwork.
There’s nothing.

There’s no paperwork.
There’s nothing

:YAWN: Why does the Obama Administration say you are wrong?

The Obama Administration doesn't dispute a single thing I have said.

Note you haven't even tried to show that Trump's statements are true- you have only attempted to provide rationalizations over why you accept the falseness of Trump's statements.

There’s no paperwork.
There’s nothing

Note you haven't even tried to show that Trump's statements are true- you have only attempted to provide rationalizations over why you accept the falseness of Trump's statements.
:YAWN: I have shown you where Trump got his info from, it is a well known fact that the Syrian Refugees were the topic, they have no paperwork, they don't know where they are coming from, the administration has admitted that ISIS rebels could get through to the US. This is all common knowledge since last year when the Obama Admin put it out to when Trump first stated it. :YAWN:

There’s no paperwork.
There’s nothing

:YAWN: I have shown you where Trump got his info from, it is a well known fact that the Syrian Refugees were the topic, they have no paperwork, they don't know where they are coming from, the administration has admitted that ISIS rebels could get through to the US. This is all common knowledge since last year when the Obama Admin put it out to when Trump first stated it. :YAWN:

...it is a well known fact that the Syrian Refugees were the topic...

??? I'm not sure it's either "well known" or a "fact" that Syrian refugees were the specific topic. Take a look at the actual words of the speech. Nothing in that paragraph makes it clear that Syrian refugees are precisely whom Trump meant.

"We should work together with any nation in the region that is threatened by the rise of radical Islam. But this has to be a two-way street. They must also be good to us. Remember that. They have to be good to us, no longer one way. It’s now two-way. And remember, us and all we’re doing, they have to appreciate what we’ve done to them. We’re going to help, but they have to appreciate what we’ve done for them. The struggle against radical Islam also takes place in our homeland. There are scores of recent migrants inside our borders charged with terrorism. For every case known to the public, there are dozens and dozens more. We must stop importing extremism through senseless immigration policies. We have no idea where these people are coming from. There’s no documentation. There’s no paperwork. There’s nothing. We have to be smart. We have to be vigilant."​

??? I'm not sure it's either "well known" or a "fact" that Syrian refugees were the specific topic. Take a look at the actual words of the speech. Nothing in that paragraph makes it clear that Syrian refugees are precisely whom Trump meant.

"We should work together with any nation in the region that is threatened by the rise of radical Islam. But this has to be a two-way street. They must also be good to us. Remember that. They have to be good to us, no longer one way. It’s now two-way. And remember, us and all we’re doing, they have to appreciate what we’ve done to them. We’re going to help, but they have to appreciate what we’ve done for them. The struggle against radical Islam also takes place in our homeland. There are scores of recent migrants inside our borders charged with terrorism. For every case known to the public, there are dozens and dozens more. We must stop importing extremism through senseless immigration policies. We have no idea where these people are coming from. There’s no documentation. There’s no paperwork. There’s nothing. We have to be smart. We have to be vigilant."​
It is clear he is talking about refugees, the last big refugee issue was the Syrians that Obama was wanting to bring in. He has been talking about it for months.

It is clear he is talking about refugees, the last big refugee issue was the Syrians that Obama was wanting to bring in. He has been talking about it for months.

It is 'clear' because you are projecting what you want Trump to have been saying rather than his actual words.

He doesn't mention Syrians
He doesn't mention refugees.
He does mention migrants charged with terrorism- none of whom are Syrians or refugees.
He says he has no idea where they are coming from- but he knows where Syrian refugees are coming from.
He says there is not documentation-no paperwork- but there is documentation- paperwork- for every Syrian refugee that comes to the United States.

For a guy who you think was talking about Syrian refugees, Donald seemed to be careful not to say anything about them.

There’s no paperwork.
There’s nothing

So now you are adding your lies to Trump's?

Here is what you said:
they have no paperwork, they don't know where they are coming from,

What has the Obama administration actually said?
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/w...stration-to-accept-10000-syrian-refugees.html
“Refugees go through the most robust security process of anybody who’s contemplating travel to the United States,” Mr. Earnest said. “Refugees have to be screened by the National Counter Terrorism Center, by the F.B.I. Terrorist Screening Center. They go through databases that are maintained by D.H.S., the Department of Defense and the intelligence community. There is biographical and biometric information that is collected about these individuals.”

That sure sounds like 'paperwork' to me.

It is 'clear' because you are projecting what you want Trump to have been saying rather than his actual words.

He does mention migrants charged with terrorism- none of whom are Syrians or refugees.
He says he has no idea where they are coming from- but he knows where Syrian refugees are coming from.
He says there is not documentation-no paperwork- but there is documentation- paperwork- for every Syrian refugee that comes to the United States.

For a guy who you think was talking about Syrian refugees, Donald seemed to be careful not to say anything about them.
When you take his words out of the context they are in, like you are doing, it doesn't make your argument viable. He mentions Radical Islam which is causing the Syrian Refugee issue, it was brought up with these same words when Obama wanted to increase the Syrian Refugees to more then 10K to be allowed to enter.

You are the one poorly projecting based on simplicity and creating your own context of what was stated.

Here is what you said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/w...stration-to-accept-10000-syrian-refugees.html
“Refugees go through the most robust security process of anybody who’s contemplating travel to the United States,” Mr. Earnest said. “Refugees have to be screened by the National Counter Terrorism Center, by the F.B.I. Terrorist Screening Center. They go through databases that are maintained by D.H.S., the Department of Defense and the intelligence community. There is biographical and biometric information that is collected about these individuals.”

What was it I linked to from Clapper and Comey? There is no paperwork on Syrians.

Your quote talks about refugees in general. Mr Earnest is the White House Press Secretary, he holds NO political clout.

Again from my link coming directly from the Obama Admin:
Several high-level administration officials have warned in recent months just how challenging this can be. While they say U.S. security measures are much better than in the past, vetting Syrian refugees poses a quandary: How do you screen people from a war-torn country that has few criminal and terrorist databases to check?
FBI Director James Comey added in congressional testimony last month that “a number of people who were of serious concern” slipped through the screening of Iraq War refugees, including two arrested on terrorism-related charges. “There’s no doubt that was the product of a less than excellent vetting,” he said.

Although Comey said the process has since “improved dramatically,” Syrian refugees will be even harder to check because, unlike in Iraq, U.S. soldiers have not been on the ground collecting information on the local population. “If we don’t know much about somebody, there won’t be anything in our data,” he said. “I can’t sit here and offer anybody an absolute assurance that there’s no risk associated with this.”
Yea, I would rather listen to Clapper and Comey verse Josh Earnest the White House Press Secretary. SMFH

Here is what you said:

What was it I linked to from Clapper and Comey? There is no paperwork on Syrians.

Your quote talks about refugees in general. Mr Earnest is the White House Press Secretary, he holds NO political clout.

Several high-level administration officials have warned in recent months just how challenging this can be. While they say U.S. security measures are much better than in the past, vetting Syrian refugees poses a quandary: How do you screen people from a war-torn country that has few criminal and terrorist databases to check?
FBI Director James Comey added in congressional testimony last month that “a number of people who were of serious concern” slipped through the screening of Iraq War refugees, including two arrested on terrorism-related charges. “There’s no doubt that was the product of a less than excellent vetting,” he said.

Although Comey said the process has since “improved dramatically,” Syrian refugees will be even harder to check because, unlike in Iraq, U.S. soldiers have not been on the ground collecting information on the local population. “If we don’t know much about somebody, there won’t be anything in our data,” he said. “I can’t sit here and offer anybody an absolute assurance that there’s no risk associated with this.”
Yea, I would rather listen to Clapper and Comey verse Josh Earnest the White House Press Secretary. SMFH

Not once does Comey say or even imply that there was no paperwork-

Where does he say there is no paperwork- no documentation- nothing?

Not once does he say that.

When you take his words out of the context they are in, like you are doing, it doesn't make your argument viable. He mentions Radical Islam which is causing the Syrian Refugee issue, it was brought up with these same words when Obama wanted to increase the Syrian Refugees to more then 10K to be allowed to enter.

You are the one poorly projecting based on simplicity and creating your own context of what was stated.

My argument is based upon his actual words. Yes he mentions 'Radical Islam'- which by the way means more than "Syrian Refugees'.

Maybe Donald wasn't lying.

Perhaps he just is saying what his supporters want to hear- you and the rest just assume he is talking about what you want him to have been talking about.

Here is what you said:

Are you really this inept? “If we don’t know much about somebody, there won’t be anything in our data,”

What about all the Several high-level administration officials have warned....How do you screen people from a war-torn country that has few criminal and terrorist databases to check?

You do know what databases are and do, right? SMFH

My argument is based upon his actual words. Yes he mentions 'Radical Islam'- which by the way means more than "Syrian Refugees'.

Perhaps he just is saying what his supporters want to hear- you and the rest just assume he is talking about what you want him to have been talking about.
I know what your argument is based on, out of context and lack of research as to what he was discussing. Maybe he is just saying what the Obama Admin has stated and not BS'ing like Mr.Earnest spinning reality to the feeble minded.

Here is what you said:

Are you really this inept? “If we don’t know much about somebody, there won’t be anything in our data,”

What about all the Several high-level administration officials have warned....How do you screen people from a war-torn country that has few criminal and terrorist databases to check?

You do know what databases are and do, right? SMFH

You do know that 'few' is more than 'nothing'- right?

I know what your argument is based on, out of context and lack of research as to what he was discussing. Maybe he is just saying what the Obama Admin has stated and not BS'ing like Mr.Earnest spinning reality to the feeble minded.

Again- here are his actual words- not out of context- the actual words he used.
No mention of Syrians or Syria
No mention of refugees.
He mentions terrorist in the United States- none of whom have been Syrians or refugees.
And we do have documentation for Syrian refugees- perhaps not enough- but not a single Syrian refugee comes into the United States legally without paperwork and documentation.

"We should work together with any nation in the region that is threatened by the rise of radical Islam. But this has to be a two-way street. They must also be good to us. Remember that. They have to be good to us, no longer one way. It’s now two-way. And remember, us and all we’re doing, they have to appreciate what we’ve done to them. We’re going to help, but they have to appreciate what we’ve done for them. The struggle against radical Islam also takes place in our homeland. There are scores of recent migrants inside our borders charged with terrorism. For every case known to the public, there are dozens and dozens more. We must stop importing extremism through senseless immigration policies. We have no idea where these people are coming from. There’s no documentation. There’s no paperwork. There’s nothing. We have to be smart. We have to be vigilant."

Here is what you said:

??? Say what? When did "few databases to check," "hard to check," and "don't know much," correspond to "know nothing" and "and an absence of paperwork?" Do you not understand the difference between "little information" and "no information?"

Forum List

Back