‘critical thinking’ assignment led at least 50 students to conclude Holocaust never o

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why aren't there more conservatives teaching?

Because liberal gate-keepers do a pretty damned good job of keeping them out. One of the most effective ways is to deny credentials through the use of disposition tests. These disposition exams are loaded with liberal touchstones and if a student indicates that he disagrees with these philosophies then the gatekeepers declare that he doesn't have the correct disposition to be a teacher and thus he is denied a teaching credential and so can't be hired in most public districts.

Great racket to insure ideological conformity.

I have studied history and it has not altered my political orientation at all.

So are you offering that as evidence that the study of history does not make a person liberal?

Leftist techniques of indoctrimation can influence the more simple minded and naive students. So in essence the more impressionable and naive the student is , the greater the success rate of Liberal Indoctrination would be.

The whole point is how are students taught to avoid indoctrination today? Not by teaching history as something to be memorized and given back, but to be able to question: is this true, is it the whole truth and nothing but the truth? So maybe one little teeny lesson for the less naive, might be on critical thinking of historical truths; looking at the evidence? Maybe that little lesson could even be carried over into political truths and so on.
It might have more value than George Washington cut down a cherry tree and said to his father...? Was that tidbit of history a rightist form of indoctrination? Did the event actually take place? You tell me.

So are you offering that as evidence that the study of history does not make a person liberal?

Leftist techniques of indoctrimation can influence the more simple minded and naive students. So in essence the more impressionable and naive the student is , the greater the success rate of Liberal Indoctrination would be.

The whole point is how are students taught to avoid indoctrination today? Not by teaching history as something to be memorized and given back, but to be able to question: is this true, is it the whole truth and nothing but the truth? So maybe one little teeny lesson for the less naive, might be on critical thinking of historical truths; looking at the evidence? Maybe that little lesson could even be carried over into political truths and so on.
It might have more value than George Washington cut down a cherry tree and said to his father...? Was that tidbit of history a rightist form of indoctrination? Did the event actually take place? You tell me.

That's not part of history.

Without googling it - I sincerely doubt that anybody on this Forum could tell me who the 5 Americans were that died in the Boston Massacre -other than of course Crispus Atticks - considered the first casualty of the American Revolution - even though he died at roughly the same time as the other four - his name is the one that is in the History Books . So why is Atticks the one that is remembered ? He was an African American and a Free Man - not common in his time

-History writers love to slant History even though the example given is a minor slant - and Atticks ,an admirable Patriot, is not the only one who died that day-he's the one we are taught about.

There are few topics as hilarious to me as the weird sub-group of social conservatives who hate "critical thinking".

The problem with "critical Thinking" as taught by Liberal Indoctrinators {Teachers - :lol:} is that it is ludicrously slanted to advocateanti-americanist left wing ideology.

Here's an example of what 4th graders are taught in one of their textbooks

Here is what fourth graders will learn in this book about the life of President Barrack Obama....though he is referred to in this book as simply Barrack.

1. Barack learned how to be black, which meant cursing, fighting, and smoking, drinking, and doing drugs from watching television.

2. Whites are racist and therefore didnt want to vote for Barrack.

3. Barracks pastor said that God would damn America for mistreating black people. The pastor called our country a failure.

4. Blacks and whites are angry at each other and only Barrack could make the country more perfect.

Do you want any "isms" in your children's education? - Norfolk Business Development | Examiner.com

A parent of a fifth grader in Texas bought to light another abuse when she objected to a test question following the viewing of a film entitled, Remembering September 11th, which read, Why might the United States be a target for terrorism? The correct answer was Decisions we made in the United States have had negative effects on people elsewhere. Since when did it become acceptable to teach children that we caused the attack on 9/11? Are Our Children Actually Learning Anything in School Today?

There are few topics as hilarious to me as the weird sub-group of social conservatives who hate "critical thinking".

The problem with "critical Thinking" as taught by Liberal Indoctrinators {Teachers - :lol:} is that it is ludicrously slanted to advocateanti-americanist left wing ideology.

Here is what fourth graders will learn in this book about the life of President Barrack Obama....though he is referred to in this book as simply Barrack.

1. Barack learned how to be black, which meant cursing, fighting, and smoking, drinking, and doing drugs from watching television.

3. Barracks pastor said that God would damn America for mistreating black people. The pastor called our country a failure.

4. Blacks and whites are angry at each other and only Barrack could make the country more perfect.

Do you want any "isms" in your children's education? - Norfolk Business Development | Examiner.com
don't report what someone else says a book says. show us the proof. show the book.
A parent of a fifth grader in Texas bought to light another abuse when she objected to a test question following the viewing of a film entitled, Remembering September 11th, which read, Why might the United States be a target for terrorism? The correct answer was Decisions we made in the United States have had negative effects on people elsewhere. Since when did it become acceptable to teach children that we caused the attack on 9/11? Are Our Children Actually Learning Anything in School Today?
does the definition of the word "might" escape you?

That's not part of history.

But it is, and historians take courses in just that subject. Why not give the students a taste?

Can you point to a member of said "sub-group" and maybe link to a quote illustrating your point? I don't recall anyone denouncing critical thinking in and of itself.

don't report what someone else says a book says. show us the proof. show the book.

barry-book.png

4th Graders Forced To Read Common Core?s Obama Biography That Tells Them How Racist White America Is « Pat Dollard

call-me-barry-large.png

A parent of a fifth grader in Texas bought to light another abuse when she objected to a test question following the viewing of a film entitled, Remembering September 11th ....

texas-quiz.jpg

In the future - if you wish to refute something -kindly do your own foot work - I'm too busy yanking mine out of liberal asses.

Last edited:

barry-book.png

4th Graders Forced To Read Common Core?s Obama Biography That Tells Them How Racist White America Is « Pat Dollard

call-me-barry-large.png

A parent of a fifth grader in Texas bought to light another abuse when she objected to a test question following the viewing of a film entitled, Remembering September 11th ....

texas-quiz.jpg

In the future - if you wish to refute something -kindly do your own foot work - I'm too busy yanking mine out of liberal asses.
in the future, if you're going to post proof of something, make sure it backs up your claim

the pages you posted do not. surely you can see that.
also, that book has as much to do with common core as which day my garbage pick up is - which is to say nothing at all.

barry-book.png

call-me-barry-large.png

texas-quiz.jpg

in the future, if you're going to post proof of something, make sure it backs up your claim

also, that book has as much to do with common core as which day my garbage pick up is - which is to say nothing at all.

You're a complete asshole - I show you irrefutable proof that 2 + 2 = 4 ....and still you cling to your assinine claim that it only equals three - unfucking believable !!!

Actaully - I take part of that bac, k you're not a complete asshole -you're only half assed

Last edited:

barry-book.png

call-me-barry-large.png

texas-quiz.jpg

You're a complete and absolute asshole - I show you proof that 2 + 2 = 4 ....and still you cling to your assinine clainm that it only equals three - unfucking believable !!!
actually, you're the asshole. you can't even give evidence backing your claim.

show me where the book says whites are racist - the book does say that some people said that white people wouldn't vote for him - but then being elected president is proof they were wrong.

show me where it says that being black means cursing and smoking - it says he tried emulating television characters, but then asked if that's what it meant to be black - not stating that it was.

the book also doesn't say that Barack was the only person that could make the country more perfect.

#3 was right. he was also labeled an 'angry voice'

I have studied history and it has not altered my political orientation at all.

yet, teaching critical thinking is central to prevent indoctrination. Other than that, your post was point on.

Once you start peeling back the layers of propaganda that has been fed to the world in the days after WW2, you start to see that there is much that has been embellished in order to make the case for the creation of the state of Israel. A lot of awful things happened to a lot of people of different ethnic and religious groups, and some of them were Jews. The degree to which people suffered, as well as the methods that brought them suffering are open to debate.

And what I just said, can put you in prison in many European countries and even Canada.

Can you point to a member of said "sub-group" and maybe link to a quote illustrating your point? I don't recall anyone denouncing critical thinking in and of itself.

How about the official Texas GOP platform from 2012?

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority

http://s3.amazonaws.com/texasgop_pre/assets/original/2012Platform_Final.pdf

purposely manipulating definitions and manufacturing semantic distortions.

Typical bureaucratic/gvt word games and doubletalk.

Anyone can do it.
Watch;

"In order to progressively actualize dynamic interfaces, we must implement functionalized strategic theme areas and testing procedures".

Hell..I could probably use that to qualify for a gvt funded "research" grant. :doubt:

Now THIS is funny!

SHOCK: District’s ‘critical thinking’ assignment led at least 50 students to conclude Holocaust never occurred

RIALTO, Calif. – An eighth-grade English assignment that was meant to develop students’ critical thinking skills has, instead, created some 50 new Holocaust deniers.

In May, Rialto Unified School District leaders came under intense criticism after it was revealed the district’s roughly 2,000 eighth-grade students were given an in-class essay assignment in which they were asked to consider if the Holocaust was “an actual historical event” or if it might have been “a propaganda tool that was used for political and monetary gain.”concentration camp

Students were directed to “research” the issue and take a position on it, supporting their conclusion with “textual evidence” – printouts of information culled from three websites, one of which was a Holocaust denial site.

When news of the assignment broke, Rialto Unified school officials attempted to soothe angry community members by stating that none of the students actually argued that the Holocaust did not occur.

But an investigation by Los Angeles Daily News proves otherwise.

The Los Angeles Daily News asked for and received copies of the student essays, and had staff members read through them. The staffers found “at least 50 essays (that) denied or doubted the Holocaust occurred.”

“Even many students who agreed the Holocaust occurred said there were good reasons to believe it had not or that elements of the historical record were actually hoaxes,” the Daily News reports.

The paper provides several chilling excerpts.

One student declared there was no way the Holocaust occurred because the Nazis “would have had to have killed 187 people an hour in order to kill 6 million people. Therefore it is impossible.”

Another flatly asserted that the Holocaust is “a profitable hoax made by the Jews to obtain land, money and power.”

One student concluded: “With the evidence that was given to me, it clearly was obvious” that the Holocaust never occurred “and I wouldn’t know why anyone would think otherwise.”

Several students based their skepticism on arguments put forth by discredited Holocaust denier Fred A. Leuchter, who has argued the Nazis never used gas chambers to kill Jews.

One student wrote that if the Nazis “would have even experimented these so called gas chambers the Nazis would have died also, so I do not believe in gas chambers.”

Another made a similar argument: “if gassing would have occurred everyone (nearby) would have died, because the floors had cracks in the floor and holes in the wall.”

Still another asserted “there is no significant cyanide traces in any of the alleged gas chambers. So any open minded person can easily be persuaded to believe that the gassings were a Hoax.”

Some students even used the “evidence” provided by their teachers to declare that “The Diary of Anne Frank” – the first-hand account of Nazi atrocities that students had been assigned to read earlier – was a fraud.

Perhaps the most troubling aspect of this assignment is that some Rialto teachers praised Holocaust denying students for their well-reasoned arguments, as determined by comments found on the student essays examined by Daily News staffers.

“You did well using the evidence to support your claim,” one teacher wrote to a student who had concluded the Holocaust “was a fake” and a “hoax.”

Even though it has now been exposed that several dozen Rialto students were turned into Holocaust deniers by this assignment, district officials are still refusing to identify the educators responsible for creating the lesson. Officials won’t even say whether or not the responsible parties have been – or will be – disciplined.

Rialto Unified officials have apologized for the assignment and pledge that it won’t be used again. The southern California district also attempted to undo some of the damage by sending its eighth-graders to the Museum of Tolerance.

But Neal Fialkow, a Pasadena attorney who has reviewed the students’ essays, is still troubled by the entire incident.

“When you took a look at the way the assignment is created and written, it causes all of these impressionable children to start their essays with ‘in my opinion, the Holocaust did exist,’” Fialkow told the Daily News. “So it puts in the seed of doubt.”

Source: EAGnews.org

The only sort of person who could find that to be in any way "funny" is a very sick individual who really doesn't need to be among the ranks of the living.

How about not, Doc..
Conserves are not against critical thinking. Just Liberal indoctrination. I was taught to think for myself, by teachers whose political affiliation or lack thereof never entered the classroom. Behavior modification was not an agenda like it is today, and the teachers understood that parental authority was the ultimate authority of the children they were hired to tutor.

Since their time was spent on teaching us how to print and write, how to read, math, science, and proper English instead of how you felt when your boyfriend put his hands down your pants, I ended up with an eduction.

Once you start peeling back the layers of propaganda that has been fed to the world in the days after WW2, you start to see that there is much that has been embellished in order to make the case for the creation of the state of Israel. A lot of awful things happened to a lot of people of different ethnic and religious groups, and some of them were Jews. The degree to which people suffered, as well as the methods that brought them suffering are open to debate.

And what I just said, can put you in prison in many European countries and even Canada.

I met too many jews who immigrated after WWII who had numbers tattooed to buy any of it. However, Israel's expansionist policy based on religious myth doesn't help derail anti-Semitism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back