Crist Supporters Want refund

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
Sour Grapes!!

A bunch of dumbasses that only toe the party line and don't vote for the person!

Where would they direct the money if it was refunded? The "other guy"?
What kind of principles are those?

May 5, 2010
The Honorable Charlie Crist
State of Florida
The Capitol
400 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001

Dear Governor Crist,

As longtime and loyal contributors to Republican causes and your many campaigns, this letter is not easy for us to write. But your actions have forced us to take action.
We are both saddened and disappointed in your decision to abandon the Republican Party during this important election. Republicans across Florida and America are again rallying around the fundamental values that have sustained our party for more than 150 years. As a party we are more united than ever.
For years you have been one of the Republican Party’s most outstanding and vocal leaders. But now, because of simple self-interest and political calculation, you are walking away from the people and principles that you often told us defined you “to your core.”
We helped to support, and yes to bankroll, your political career. For years you have been asking us for money. And for years we have put our names and credibility on the line by asking our friends to donate to you. Those days are over.
As part of your transition into this new phase of your political career, we respectfully request that you return every penny of donor money from every donor who asks for a refund. For those of us who have donated to your Senate campaign, you can start by refunding in full the contributions we have made.
Recent reports with the Federal Elections Commission indicate your campaign is sitting on a stockpile of approximately $7.6 million dollars in contributions.
Charlie, that is not your money.
That money represents 7.6 million promises you broke to the people who entrusted their money to you in the hopes that they were supporting a leader who would stand on the common values all Republicans share.
Every dollar represents a contributor who believed you when you promised to serve proudly in the Party of Reagan, Roosevelt and Lincoln. Every dollar represents someone who sacrificed during these difficult economic times to contribute to a Republican they thought they could trust.
You have asked the voters of Florida to believe you when you insist your sudden change of heart is sincere, and not a last ditch effort to prolong your political career. Honoring the trust you entered into with the people who contributed to your campaign, and who are now asking for their money back, is absolutely necessary to prove your willingness to abide by your own words when you said, “I probably would give a donor his money back,” as well as adhere to a higher ethical and moral standard.
You used to be fond of quoting Abraham Lincoln. While you no longer belong to his party, hopefully you can still appreciate his words when he said, “If once you forfeit the confidence of your fellow-citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem.”
Thus it is that we hereby request all donations be returned to those of us who contributed to your Senate campaign, and call upon every one of your Republican supporters to request the same.

Sincerely,
Bill Becker, Vero Beach, FL
Wayne Berman, Washington, D.C.
Al Cardenas, Miami, FL
Sid Dinerstein, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Ed Easton, Key Biscayne, FL
Peter Feaman, Boynton Beach, FL
Gay Gaines, Palm Beach, FL
Phil Handy, Winter Park, FL
Mike Hightower, Jacksonville, FL
Charlie Hilton, Panama City, FL
Ambassador Al Hoffman, North Palm Beach, FL
Congressman Gary A. Lee, Ft. Myers, FL
Anita Mitchell, West Palm Beach, FL
Tom Petway, Jacksonville, FL
Ambassador John Rood, Jacksonville, FL
Peter Rummell, Jacksonville, FL
Frank Schwerin, Naples, FL
Jason Steele, Satellite Beach, FL
Chris Sullivan, Tampa, FL
Jason Unger, Tallahassee, FL
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Huh??
What do you call going Ind.?

He was pushed out by the more hardcore Republicans because he's a moderate. Unlike some, he wasn't about to sell out his principles.

I think I find that sentence they wrote just as laughable as the rest of their little spiel. The GOP isn't the party of Lincoln anymore, hell, it's not even the party of Reagan.

Ha! The GOP is so stupid, they're just mad that he didn't lay down.

That party is always going to be the minority.

Huh??

He was pushed out by the more hardcore Republicans because he's a moderate. Unlike some, he wasn't about to sell out his principles.

I think I find that sentence they wrote just as laughable as the rest of their little spiel. The GOP isn't the party of Lincoln anymore, hell, it's not even the party of Reagan.
I totally agree that the letter is laughable and pathetic.
But I'm going to need ya to explain to me how he was pushed out.
I saw it as he was getting his ass handed to him and knew he couldn't beat Rubio in a primary, so he bailed and decided to take his chance as an indy.
:eusa_eh:

I saw it as he was getting his ass handed to him and knew he couldn't beat Rubio in a primary, so he bailed and decided to take his chance as an indy.

They wanted Crist to be more Republican. He knew he was going to lose the GOP primary and have to run as a Independent anyway, so he saved them the money of running a primary and the time.

I voted for Gallagher in the last primary and did not vote at all when Charlie won the nomination. He's always leaned too far left of center for my taste.
I'll be voting Rubio for Martinez's vacated seat.

Sour Grapes!!

A bunch of dumbasses that only toe the party line and don't vote for the person!

Where would they direct the money if it was refunded? The "other guy"?
What kind of principles are those?

May 5, 2010
The Honorable Charlie Crist
State of Florida
The Capitol
400 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001

Dear Governor Crist,

As longtime and loyal contributors to Republican causes and your many campaigns, this letter is not easy for us to write. But your actions have forced us to take action.
We are both saddened and disappointed in your decision to abandon the Republican Party during this important election. Republicans across Florida and America are again rallying around the fundamental values that have sustained our party for more than 150 years. As a party we are more united than ever.
For years you have been one of the Republican Party’s most outstanding and vocal leaders. But now, because of simple self-interest and political calculation, you are walking away from the people and principles that you often told us defined you “to your core.”
We helped to support, and yes to bankroll, your political career. For years you have been asking us for money. And for years we have put our names and credibility on the line by asking our friends to donate to you. Those days are over.
As part of your transition into this new phase of your political career, we respectfully request that you return every penny of donor money from every donor who asks for a refund. For those of us who have donated to your Senate campaign, you can start by refunding in full the contributions we have made.
Recent reports with the Federal Elections Commission indicate your campaign is sitting on a stockpile of approximately $7.6 million dollars in contributions.
Charlie, that is not your money.
That money represents 7.6 million promises you broke to the people who entrusted their money to you in the hopes that they were supporting a leader who would stand on the common values all Republicans share.
Every dollar represents a contributor who believed you when you promised to serve proudly in the Party of Reagan, Roosevelt and Lincoln. Every dollar represents someone who sacrificed during these difficult economic times to contribute to a Republican they thought they could trust.
You have asked the voters of Florida to believe you when you insist your sudden change of heart is sincere, and not a last ditch effort to prolong your political career. Honoring the trust you entered into with the people who contributed to your campaign, and who are now asking for their money back, is absolutely necessary to prove your willingness to abide by your own words when you said, “I probably would give a donor his money back,” as well as adhere to a higher ethical and moral standard.
You used to be fond of quoting Abraham Lincoln. While you no longer belong to his party, hopefully you can still appreciate his words when he said, “If once you forfeit the confidence of your fellow-citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem.”
Thus it is that we hereby request all donations be returned to those of us who contributed to your Senate campaign, and call upon every one of your Republican supporters to request the same.

Sincerely,
Bill Becker, Vero Beach, FL
Wayne Berman, Washington, D.C.
Al Cardenas, Miami, FL
Sid Dinerstein, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Ed Easton, Key Biscayne, FL
Peter Feaman, Boynton Beach, FL
Gay Gaines, Palm Beach, FL
Phil Handy, Winter Park, FL
Mike Hightower, Jacksonville, FL
Charlie Hilton, Panama City, FL
Ambassador Al Hoffman, North Palm Beach, FL
Congressman Gary A. Lee, Ft. Myers, FL
Anita Mitchell, West Palm Beach, FL
Tom Petway, Jacksonville, FL
Ambassador John Rood, Jacksonville, FL
Peter Rummell, Jacksonville, FL
Frank Schwerin, Naples, FL
Jason Steele, Satellite Beach, FL
Chris Sullivan, Tampa, FL
Jason Unger, Tallahassee, FL
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

ROFLMAO!

Hint, hint...folks if you feel in love with a pol and he turned out to be asswipe, a heart balm aka breach of promise suit for damages might lie.

Roast Crist with all the Nutwits!

Huh??

And that's exactly why Crist is OUT. Republicans all over this country are having a very hard time--(even though currently in the congress or senate)--winning their primaries.

Bill Bennett of Utah an 18 yr. member of the senate JUST LOST his primary to a "conservative republican."

John McCain is in serious trouble in Arizona.

Crist--knew he couldn't win the republican primary--so out of nothing more than personal political ambition decided to run as an independant and he's still getting his butt beat in the polls. People who donated to the RNC on his behalf have every right to get that money back.

If Crist had an ounce of honor he would return Republican funds to the Republican donors.. but the asswipe doesn't have an ounce of honor. ANd, I will :clap2: when Senator Rubio is sworn in..

People who donated to the RNC on his behalf have every right to get that money back.

I never said they didn't. I'm just saying they shouldn't bother to sugarcoat it with the whole spiel about Lincoln and stuff. I got a good laugh out of that. Just say you want your money back because you want to support a party and not actual principles. Simple as that.

They wanted Crist to be more Republican. He knew he was going to lose the GOP primary and have to run as a Independent anyway, so he saved them the money of running a primary and the time.

More?

Who wants to get a lobotomy?

Forum List

Back