Crispie says him and his wife use Birth Control. Actual birth control. Not rhythm or withdrawal.

This whole "talking to your neighbor" thing sounds like it might actually have some value. Who knew? :dunno:

Yes indeed. We live in the sticks so my nearest neighbor is a half mile away. But, we know almost everyone within a two mile radius and we all keep an eye out for each other.
Sadly, even though we've lived in our neighborhood almost 11 years, I have yet to speak we either of our nextdoor neighbors--and we're mere steps away. I even go for walks around the neighborhood from time to time, I just mind my own business. It's nice and quiet, and I like it like that. Of course, when the big one comes (earthquake, fire, etc.), it might turn out to be a bad thing.
In the meantime, they don't pester me, and I don't pester them. :thup:
It's a good thing there are two of us living in our house: I'm certain if it was just one of us, and had a serious injury--or died--where we couldn't get to a phone, no one would know for at least a week (and that would be because work would wonder about the no call, no shows). If it weren't for work, I'm sure a month could pass without anyone knowing.
This reminds me, make sure life insurance is up to date...

I would agree with that. I like to keep to myself and mind my business too. I do casual pleasantries with my neighbors but I avoid forming any kind of "relationship" with them. That leads to trouble a lot of times.

Non communication leads to more trouble than communication in general though.

Maybe sometimes, if you have some kind of an issue, or if they do with you. OTOH, like someone else said, sometimes when you do form a relationship with your neighbors, then they will take advantage of your kindness. :) You see, in my area, I live MUCH closer to my neighbors than you do. I live in a townhouse unit which are attached to one another, so you can probably understand my predicament.

That's all a part of boundary setting. It takes two to tango. I do agree that living in a townhouse leads to issues that we don't have however.

Yes indeed. We live in the sticks so my nearest neighbor is a half mile away. But, we know almost everyone within a two mile radius and we all keep an eye out for each other.
Sadly, even though we've lived in our neighborhood almost 11 years, I have yet to speak we either of our nextdoor neighbors--and we're mere steps away. I even go for walks around the neighborhood from time to time, I just mind my own business. It's nice and quiet, and I like it like that. Of course, when the big one comes (earthquake, fire, etc.), it might turn out to be a bad thing.
In the meantime, they don't pester me, and I don't pester them. :thup:
It's a good thing there are two of us living in our house: I'm certain if it was just one of us, and had a serious injury--or died--where we couldn't get to a phone, no one would know for at least a week (and that would be because work would wonder about the no call, no shows). If it weren't for work, I'm sure a month could pass without anyone knowing.
This reminds me, make sure life insurance is up to date...

I would agree with that. I like to keep to myself and mind my business too. I do casual pleasantries with my neighbors but I avoid forming any kind of "relationship" with them. That leads to trouble a lot of times.

Non communication leads to more trouble than communication in general though.

Maybe sometimes, if you have some kind of an issue, or if they do with you. OTOH, like someone else said, sometimes when you do form a relationship with your neighbors, then they will take advantage of your kindness. :) You see, in my area, I live MUCH closer to my neighbors than you do. I live in a townhouse unit which are attached to one another, so you can probably understand my predicament.

That's all a part of boundary setting. It takes two to tango. I do agree that living in a townhouse leads to issues that we don't have however.

Boundary setting. That is exactly what I do. I keep the relationships with my neighbors on a very casual basis. I say hello and sometimes stop and talk, but I don't borrow things, I don't go out with them, etc.

If one of them needs help with something and I am able to help them, then of course I do those kinds of things, but that is about the extent to how "close" I want to be with my neighbors. :)

Soooooooo...what? You're surprised that Catholics use birth control? They're not stupid you know....unlike yourself.
So..the Catholic Church's teachings about birth control are stupid?

Stupid enough that many Catholics ignore it. The fact that you're shocked by this is frankly surprising. I didn't think you were a bigot but this post makes me wonder.
ME a bigot...I'm going from what YOU said...and made further inquiries. Sorry that I seem to have struck some kind of nerve. Odd tho.

Anybody who interacts with the world will have talked to a Catholic at some time. I have 7 families around me that are Catholic, they are very nice caring people and they are not in favor of what the new Pope is assaying, they have been pro gay marriage for a long while, they ARE anti abortion and they seem to have no problem with divorce or birth control. In other words I actually talk to my neighbors so none of this is shocking to me.
This whole "talking to your neighbor" thing sounds like it might actually have some value. Who knew? :dunno:
If it's moral to make the woman have the unwanted baby, is it moral to walk away after it's born knowing it won't be taken care of?

So..the Catholic Church's teachings about birth control are stupid?

Stupid enough that many Catholics ignore it. The fact that you're shocked by this is frankly surprising. I didn't think you were a bigot but this post makes me wonder.
ME a bigot...I'm going from what YOU said...and made further inquiries. Sorry that I seem to have struck some kind of nerve. Odd tho.

Anybody who interacts with the world will have talked to a Catholic at some time. I have 7 families around me that are Catholic, they are very nice caring people and they are not in favor of what the new Pope is assaying, they have been pro gay marriage for a long while, they ARE anti abortion and they seem to have no problem with divorce or birth control. In other words I actually talk to my neighbors so none of this is shocking to me.
If it's moral to make the woman have the unwanted baby, is it moral to walk away after it's born knowing it won't be taken care of?
Talking to my neighbor will make her pregnant? :eek-52:
Now I am officially becoming a hermit. :thup:

Please don't keep resurrecting this thread...I feel ill all over again!

“I’m a Catholic but I’ve used birth control — and not just the rhythm method,” Christie told attendees at a “Tell It Like It Is” town hall at Blake’s Restaurant & Creamery in Manchester. “My church has a teaching against birth control,” he added. “Does that make me an awful Catholic, because I believe and practiced that function during part of my life? I don’t think so.”

Chris Christie has used birth control not just the rhythm method MSNBC

Christie on Sunday told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" that he supports calls to pull federal funding from Planned Parenthood over its providing of abortion services.

Christie Does using birth control make me a bad Catholic - CNNPolitics.com

Would defunding Planned Parenthood increase abortions - Vox

------------------------------------------

Millions of women get contraceptives from Planned Parenthood which, of course, prevents hundreds of thousands of abortions.

Chrispie and other GOP getting government checks would deny those women the help they themselves can afford because they get money from the government. Fuckers.
Sex less rderp got a rise out of Christies sex talk....

Fucking sicko

“I’m a Catholic but I’ve used birth control — and not just the rhythm method,” Christie told attendees at a “Tell It Like It Is” town hall at Blake’s Restaurant & Creamery in Manchester. “My church has a teaching against birth control,” he added. “Does that make me an awful Catholic, because I believe and practiced that function during part of my life? I don’t think so.”

Christie on Sunday told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" that he supports calls to pull federal funding from Planned Parenthood over its providing of abortion services.

Millions of women get contraceptives from Planned Parenthood which, of course, prevents hundreds of thousands of abortions.

Chrispie and other GOP getting government checks would deny those women the help they themselves can afford because they get money from the government. Fuckers.
My only question is how did he find his dick?

Please stop.

That whole idea Catholics have about letting women get pregnant till it kills them, because God says so, is kind of retarded
There are still a lot of mackerel snappers that follow that

That whole idea Catholics have about letting women get pregnant till it kills them, because God says so, is kind of retarded
There are still a lot of mackerel snappers that follow that
I know several Irish Mackerel snappers, and those guys used to drink like fishes, cheat on their wives, and there were rib eyes all over the place Friday night.

They cherry pick whats convenient for the day

Fracking?

Forum List

Back