Criminal Charges in Death of Boy Who Shot Himself at Gun Show

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Criminal Charges in Death of Boy Who Shot Himself at Gun Show
Police Chief, Gun Club Indicted on Involuntary Manslaughter Charges
By SARAH NETTER
Dec. 4, 2008

A police chief and a Massachusetts gun club have been indicted for involuntary manslaughter in the death of an 8-year-old boy who accidentally shot himself with a Uzi at an October gun expo in Massachusetts.

Pelham Police Chief Edward Fleury owns COP Firearms & Training, which sponsored the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo at the Westfield Sportsman's Club, where 8-year-old Christopher Bizilj accidentally shot himself in the head in October after losing control of the 9 mm Micro Uzi submachine gun.

In addition to the manslaughter indictments, Fleury and the Westfield Sportsman's Club were also indicted on four counts each of furnishing a gun to a minor.

ABC News: Criminal Charges in Death of Boy Who Shot Himself at Gun Show

The NRA had about as much to do with that as it had to do with the last letter carrier who went Postal on fellow employees.

It's a tragic situation and it shouldn't have happened AND if the people sponsoring the show were responsible it wouldn't have happened. Rightly, those people should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. A police chief… Geez…

The NRA had about as much to do with that as it had to do with the last letter carrier who went Postal on fellow employees.

It's a tragic situation and it shouldn't have happened AND if the people sponsoring the show were responsible it wouldn't have happened. Rightly, those people should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. A police chief… Geez…

The NRA makes sure that guns are available to as many people as possible, so they can shoot themselves and their aquaintances.

It's a public service.

The NRA makes sure that guns are available to as many people as possible, so they can shoot themselves and their aquaintances.

It's a public service.

Don't you feel silly making such patently absurd statements?

Yes...and I hope that all the members of the AAA are happy with the role they've played in all those automobile deaths throughout this nation everyday. Bastards.

This issue was discussed ad nauseum before. Practically every member of the board who supports the 2nd Ammendment stated clearly that this was a perfect example of people using firearms improperly with tragic results and those responsible should be prosecuted.

Chris...I suppose you also support taking away our ability to drive cars because people sometimes drive like idiots with tragic results? After all...they used the machine improperly and often cause accidents...quick...blame the auto makers or better yet, organizations that support the safe and legal use of the machine...like AAA.

Idiotic anti-gun tripe...

Yes...and I hope that all the members of the AAA are happy with the role they've played in all those automobile deaths throughout this nation everyday. Bastards.

This issue was discussed ad nauseum before. Practically every member of the board who supports the 2nd Ammendment stated clearly that this was a perfect example of people using firearms improperly with tragic results and those responsible should be prosecuted.

Chris...I suppose you also support taking away our ability to drive cars because people sometimes drive like idiots with tragic results? After all...they used the machine improperly and often cause accidents...quick...blame the auto makers or better yet, organizations that support the safe and legal use of the machine...like AAA.

Idiotic anti-gun tripe...

Idiotic AAA parallel.

Yes...about as idiotic as blaming the NRA because stupid people gave a child a gun he never should have been anywhere near and he tragically killed himself because of it.

Blame the parent who allowed it, the gun owner who handed it over, the planners of the event for not supervising properly...etc.

Don't blame a national organization that supports a constitutional right....THAT is idiotic.

HOUSTON, Texas (CNN) -- Two men recounted Tuesday the horror of watching Clara Harris run down her husband with her Mercedes-Benz.

"I wasn't sure if what I was seeing was real," said Chris Junco, describing the scene at a suburban hotel parking lot last summer.

"I even thought the car was pissed off at him," Junco added, pausing and choking back tears.

More

I wonder if she had AAA, although I'm sure it doesn't matter to her husband.

Last edited:
Yes...about as idiotic as blaming the NRA because stupid people gave a child a gun he never should have been anywhere near and he tragically killed himself because of it.

Blame the parent who allowed it, the gun owner who handed it over, the planners of the event for not supervising properly...etc.

Don't blame a national organization that supports a constitutional right....THAT is idiotic.

Agree with you about the parent. What was he doing taking a kid to a gun show and not supervising him properly, unless of course the kid had been around guns all his life and the parent didn't view this as a particularly significant event (still dumb, but possible).

Agree with you about the owner. What the hell was a live round doing in the chamber of a weapon that was available to be picked up / inspected by a member of the public? And a child in particular!!!

Agree with you about the organizer, and the event sponsor. As a cop, the safety to people around guns should have been his first concern. And presumably this was not the first time this organizer had put on an event such as this.

What concerns me, irrespective of 2nd amendment rights of whoever, is that a parent, a firearms event organizer, a gun owner and a cop ALL appear to have been negligent. How can something like this happen? All these are people, it appears, that should be reliable, trustworthy, and competent people.

The old saying "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" seems, in this particular case where the child should have been protected from multiple angles, to be disingenuous.

Guns kill people, and in this case an Uzi that God alone knows why anyone would ever need, killed a child.

Easy access to them makes many people (and in this case it appears some very experienced people) more blase about their use and handling than they should be.

The sooner people start behaving in a less cavalier manner around something that is so inherently dangerous, the better.

Guns kill people, and in this case an Uzi that God alone knows why anyone would ever need, killed a child.

Easy access to them makes many people (and in this case it appears some very experienced people) more blase about their use and handling than they should be.

The sooner people start behaving in a less cavalier manner around something that is so inherently dangerous, the better.

Yes, however, the same could be said about anything dangerous. A gun, sitting in a safe, or whatever, is as dangerous as a car parked in the garage.

Put either one in incompetent, or uneducated hands and the same result could happen with either one.

The NRA isn't to blame here. It's the dumbfuck who allowed an 8 year old to handle a loaded Uzi!

Yes, however, the same could be said about anything dangerous. A gun, sitting in a safe, or whatever, is as dangerous as a car parked in the garage.

Put either one in incompetent, or uneducated hands and the same result could happen with either one.

I so hate that analogy. It seems to me that anyone who uses it does so in full knowledge of the fact that it's complete bollocks but it's the closest they can get to making a comparison between guns (use of which they want to defend) and something everyday.

The same could be said about a knife. Or a fork. Or a kettle. Or a toaster. All of these, in incompetent or uneducated hands, could be dangerous.

So, let's compare a gun with a toaster shall we, because that's no different to comparing it to a car.

I don't think there's anything wrong with an 8 year old shooting a gun, but someone needs to show them how things work and they should be closely supervised if they are beginners. I learned how to shoot when I was a kid and I never did anything unsafe with a gun. If you're taught properly you simply don't do stupid stuff. I never shot anything that wasn't either made of paper or destined for the dinner table.

Forum List

Back