Crime of the Century

edward37

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2017
Long read, but worth it. Via Thomas Clay Jr.

On the night of the election, I made a meme saying, "You don't know what you've done. You've thrown our democracy away." It got shared a bunch and I am certain that even now some will think, 'oh Nostrathomas, you're just being hyperbolic.'

Seven or eight months ago, Trump dictated a letter about his son saying that the meeting all of his people had with Russian agents was about adoption. Someone leaked that Trump dictated it. When the NYT printed it, do you remember what Trump said at the time? He reiterated that it was about adoption and said he did not have anything to do with the letter he also sent to the NYT probably because someone informed him that it was obstruction of justice. Then he called it fake news. I pay close attention to politics and I cannot think of one single, solitary instance when Trump said something was 'fake news' that was actually false.

100% of the time Trump has called a story that proves he lied about something 'fake news', it has been proven true. Remember the Hillary dossier Christopher Steel did? 'Fake news.' What exactly has been proven untrue about that dossier? Not a damn thing. When Trump said he had nothing to do with that letter to the NYT about the Russian adoption, Sarah Huckabee Sanders came out and repeated that lie several times through the course of her briefings.

Yesterday was a day like no other in American history. On day 499 of this criminal administration, several of the last filaments separating our Republic from the rule of law were severed. Rudy Giuliani told George Stephanopoulus that Trump could have shot James Comey and he couldn't be indicted for it. He also is under the impression that the President can pardon himself.

Our founders weren't big on the tyranny of a monarch. They were very big on the rule of law and that no man (or woman) is above the law. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have sacrificed their lives in many bloody wars dying for that foundational principal to our very Republic.

A cursory glance at American history will show that Republican presidents have absolutely no regard for the rule of law, at least not for them. Nixon was a serial felon. Reagan had more convicted felons than any other president because of his illegal Iran/Contra skullduggery. Bush lied about uranium and Scooter Libby outed a covert CIA agent to help start an illegal war against Iraq. But there is no president as debased and more crooked than Trump's.

Today is the 500th day of this criminal administration and what's left of our Constitutional Republic hangs by threads. This right here is not something an innocent man says. This entire tweet, is a lie. There is not one single thing in it resembling the truth. I will address them one by one.

1. Giuliani is not a legal scholar. Neither is Joe Digenova or Jeanine Pirro. They are political hacks and propagandists and nothing more.

2. Nowhere in any letter, speech or document did a single founding father infer that they president could pardon himself. They said the opposite in fact. This would make the president above the law. That is anathema to every principal this country was founded upon.

3. Mueller is a Republican. Rosenstein, Republican. Andy McGabe, Republican. James Comey, Republican. Jeff Sessions, Republican. This entire investigation is being run by Republicans.

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Trump has violated his oath of office, period.

Republicans are now saying 'in jest' that the president could assassinate his political rivals and the Justice Department couldn't do anything about it. Imagine for a moment if President Obama had said any of these things. Or if Eric Holder had said anything as idiotic as Rudy said yesterday. Republicans would have already impeached him and had democratic support.

That's the one thing the founders could not have imagined with all of their checks and balances, they could not imagine a complicit party aiding and abetting a man who relishes absolute power and will destroy every check on his power that exist. We are there, right now. If you saw the Trump rally interviews, you know that his apostate base do not trust the CIA, FBI, Department of Justice, Jeff Sessions, Robert Mueller or anything else because the 'deep state' is running everything.

It took the complicity of Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, two of the biggest traitors our Republic has ever known and just 500 days for us to get to the point where now, Republicans have culled the principle that no man is above the law.

"All empires fall, there are no exceptions." Oscar Wilde

This right here, is exactly how they fell and there isn't one goddamned Republican in congress who isn't complicit in this crime of the century.

I bet 99.9% of politicians break their oath.
100% of Presidents do

On the night of the election, I made a meme saying, "You don't know what you've done. You've thrown our democracy away." It got shared a bunch and I am certain that even now some will think, 'oh Nostrathomas, you're just being hyperbolic.'

Seven or eight months ago, Trump dictated a letter about his son saying that the meeting all of his people had with Russian agents was about adoption. Someone leaked that Trump dictated it. When the NYT printed it, do you remember what Trump said at the time? He reiterated that it was about adoption and said he did not have anything to do with the letter he also sent to the NYT probably because someone informed him that it was obstruction of justice. Then he called it fake news. I pay close attention to politics and I cannot think of one single, solitary instance when Trump said something was 'fake news' that was actually false.

100% of the time Trump has called a story that proves he lied about something 'fake news', it has been proven true. Remember the Hillary dossier Christopher Steel did? 'Fake news.' What exactly has been proven untrue about that dossier? Not a damn thing. When Trump said he had nothing to do with that letter to the NYT about the Russian adoption, Sarah Huckabee Sanders came out and repeated that lie several times through the course of her briefings.

Yesterday was a day like no other in American history. On day 499 of this criminal administration, several of the last filaments separating our Republic from the rule of law were severed. Rudy Giuliani told George Stephanopoulus that Trump could have shot James Comey and he couldn't be indicted for it. He also is under the impression that the President can pardon himself.

Our founders weren't big on the tyranny of a monarch. They were very big on the rule of law and that no man (or woman) is above the law. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have sacrificed their lives in many bloody wars dying for that foundational principal to our very Republic.

A cursory glance at American history will show that Republican presidents have absolutely no regard for the rule of law, at least not for them. Nixon was a serial felon. Reagan had more convicted felons than any other president because of his illegal Iran/Contra skullduggery. Bush lied about uranium and Scooter Libby outed a covert CIA agent to help start an illegal war against Iraq. But there is no president as debased and more crooked than Trump's.

Today is the 500th day of this criminal administration and what's left of our Constitutional Republic hangs by threads. This right here is not something an innocent man says. This entire tweet, is a lie. There is not one single thing in it resembling the truth. I will address them one by one.

1. Giuliani is not a legal scholar. Neither is Joe Digenova or Jeanine Pirro. They are political hacks and propagandists and nothing more.

2. Nowhere in any letter, speech or document did a single founding father infer that they president could pardon himself. They said the opposite in fact. This would make the president above the law. That is anathema to every principal this country was founded upon.

3. Mueller is a Republican. Rosenstein, Republican. Andy McGabe, Republican. James Comey, Republican. Jeff Sessions, Republican. This entire investigation is being run by Republicans.

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Republicans are now saying 'in jest' that the president could assassinate his political rivals and the Justice Department couldn't do anything about it. Imagine for a moment if President Obama had said any of these things. Or if Eric Holder had said anything as idiotic as Rudy said yesterday. Republicans would have already impeached him and had democratic support.

That's the one thing the founders could not have imagined with all of their checks and balances, they could not imagine a complicit party aiding and abetting a man who relishes absolute power and will destroy every check on his power that exist. We are there, right now. If you saw the Trump rally interviews, you know that his apostate base do not trust the CIA, FBI, Department of Justice, Jeff Sessions, Robert Mueller or anything else because the 'deep state' is running everything.

It took the complicity of Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, two of the biggest traitors our Republic has ever known and just 500 days for us to get to the point where now, Republicans have culled the principle that no man is above the law.

This right here, is exactly how they fell and there isn't one goddamned Republican in congress who isn't complicit in this crime of the century.

Spot on, the once solid foundation of the democracy is crumbling and it is the Republicans in Congress that are watching it happen and doing nothing. I've always thought these men like Ryan and McConnell were rather weak individuals but I really didn't know that Republicans en masse are cowards. Either that or they want the democracy to fail.

Republicans are afraid of Trump's base, a clear reason why when one party is in charge stupidity reigns. Republicans like to point their finger at democrats but are in an odd position today not knowing who to blame.

Democrats are constantly trying to get rid of 1st and 2nd Amendments and electoral college Trump gets elected and OMG ......and that's just a start on your assaults

Republicans are afraid of Trump's base, a clear reason why when one party is in charge stupidity reigns. Republicans like to point their finger at democrats but are in an odd position today not knowing who to blame.
Republicans are weak kneed lilly livered punks afraid of the orange anus

The political establishment is having a very difficult time with being REJECTED by the people. Voters in 30 states fed up with these clowns in Washington elected Trump president, suck it!

Amusing posts! So glad I am not associated with either party and have to stoop to those lame “Dems are stupid...Repubs are lame”.

Spot on, the once solid foundation of the democracy is crumbling and it is the Republicans in Congress that are watching it happen and doing nothing. I've always thought these men like Ryan and McConnell were rather weak individuals but I really didn't know that Republicans en masse are cowards. Either that or they want the democracy to fail.

Your filthy Mexicrats have been recruiting wetbacks to infiltrate our democracy for decades. Link us to all your posts showing your condemnation and outrage of such...This will allow us sane folk to take you serious. Thanks in advance.

(Since this thread is about the discussion regarding 'the crime of the century', I will discuss just that:)

'CRIME OF THE CENTURY'? :wtf:

Seriously? Here are a few other crimes that make the one you claim look like stealing a candy bar from a 7-11:

1. FBI Director Robert Mueller railroads 4 innocent men he KNOWS are innocent into jail for YEARS, refuses to release any of the evidence, claiming the murder of 4 mobsters was a matter of 'national security, and once forced to admit they were jailed wrongfully he still argued that they COULD be 'guilty' even though the FBI's own records proved otherwise.
- Not So Honorable: Docs Show Mueller’s FBI Denied Justice To Four Innocent Men

2. Hillary Clinton uses her own personal, unauthorized, unencrypted, unsecured server on which she has - according to President Obama - information so classified it could not be released in any format because to do would cause grave damage to our national security. Even so, she gives illegal access to this data to persons who have no security clearance, to include her IT employee, her lawyers, an IT company in whose unsecured bathroom they keep her server, and her maid. Once subpoenaed for the information / server / devices Obstructs Justice by attempting to destroy thousands of documents, devices, sim cards, etc before finally complying with the subpoena. In destroying the classified information she also violates US law dictating the legal methods for destroying classified - illegally handling, storing, destroying and giving illegal access to classified. The FBI announces they retrieved over 15,000 official documents Hillary was required by law (the FOIA and Federal Records Act) to turn in, which she never did, meaning they had evidence of over 30,000 criminal counts of violations against the 2 laws.

FBI Director also announces Hillary broke laws...right before declaring 'there is not enough to prosecute her on' and says he will not recommend indicting her....only to have evidence come out later, which Comey verified during interviews on his book tour, that he and US AG Lynch collaborated together well before the investigation was over on exonerating her. Despite the most obvious crimes having been committed the Obama administration successfully refused to / protected Hillary from Indictment on crimes she had been proven to have committed.

3. DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz hired terrorist-connected Pakistani spies, gave them illegal access to classified House servers / files - they downloaded TERA-BYTES of data,
and gave them access to DNC member e-mails, their usernames, and passwords. After information from those accounts were hacked and leaked to the public the democrats blamed the Russians. AFTER the Pakistanis were caught, banned from the House, and an Espionage investigation was opened on them DWS rehired one Pakistani spy and gave him illegal access to both the DNC and House servers again. DWS remains free despite her obvious criminal acts.

4. The DNC and Hillary Clinton rigged primaries, cheated in debates, engaged in election fraud, and stacked the deck against DNC Candidate leader Sanders, who was beating Hillary, and basically STOLE the DNC nomination, giving it to Hillary, a proven FELON who could not win the nomination on her own. Hillary was also proven to have violated election law and campaign finance law yet was never held accountable. By STEALING the nomination and remaining in the campaign when she should have been forced out for her crimes, Hillary and the DNC did what the Russians could not / did not do - the successfully manipulated / effected the election.

4. The Obama administration - Cabinet, Agency Directors, FBI agents - collaborated in a now exposed Conspiracy to prevent the GOP candidate from winning the Presidential election ands to treasonously remove him from office should he win. Evidence revealed has shown the former President had to have known about this and that 2 US AGs, the Director of the National Intelligence Agency, the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, the Director / Deputy Director / Agents within the FBI, & the former Sect of State / DNC Presidential candidate were all in on it. The US IG has already implicated the FBI for illegal abuse of the FISA courts to illegally obtain warrants by the FBI and have recommended the Deputy Director of the FBI be indicted for his crimes involved in this conspiracy. The FBI was proven to have used a false document provided to them by the DNC candidate who acquired the document from foreign spies and Russians in an attempt to effect the outcome of the election and the FBI used it to affect their political coup. The IG's final report on the FBI's entire conduct is anxiously awaited.

THIS is the largest case of treason / the biggest scandal in US history.

Yet snowflakes continue to call non-existent crimes and their never-enduing witch hunt regarding crimes never committed 'the crime of the century'.

Bwuhahahaha!

Forum List

Back