Crime and it's affect on your life

Which has has the most adverse affect on your life?

• white collar crime

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • violent crime

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
In your own personal experience, has you been adversely affected more by violent crime or more by so called white collar crime?

Which do you fear more and why?

Damn! I should have said "effect" not "affect" in the thread title.

Damn! I should have said "effect" not "affect" in the thread title.

That's okay, we're all unaffected so we'll just answer it as per intention. :D

White collar crime.

The only time I've been a victim of violent crime has been at work so that doesn't count. But white collar crime has affected me just like it's affected everyone else in my society (thought they may not realise it).

I was born, raised, and live in one of the most deprived areas of the UK.Crime is part of life here, you never get used to it but you do become attuned and able to survive or you get sucked in.I have been a victim of crime several times, theft, vandalism, graffiti, trespass, you name it.

I have been a victim of both. The white collar crime has had the most lasting effect. It's fairly tough at fifty starting over from losing everything to a very corrupt legal system and a bank that according to one attorney's phrase had a "scorched earth policy" towards fighting what they did to both Rod's business and my mining operation. Not sure at this point how to "get over" losing our livelyhood or all the threats. Six years and our home is still without running water, four years in court only to be denied justice by the highest court in the state took it's toll.

Daily I recall things I have heard along the way such as, "That's the way we do things down here" from the local attorney here when I asked, "How can they steal Rod's equipment when he was not even on a loan?" Or in the case where the county had made up a tax deed on property my parent had own with Rod and my name on it when the tax assessor told the judge after the judge asked him, Don't you use property deeds to determine property ownership?" "Give me a name judge?"

To wondering every time I see a sheriff's car if they are going to be making more threats. Or wondering if the lovely neighbor boy will be still shooting at our house.

I could go on and on but it could be considered a rant.

White collar crime.

The only time I've been a victim of violent crime has been at work so that doesn't count. But white collar crime has affected me just like it's affected everyone else in my society (thought they may not realise it).

I used to fear only violent crime, but experience has taught me that white collar crime is more pervasive and insidious.

Me and my loved ones have not been untouched by violent crime. But it's the white collar crimes that have had the most lasting effect. They are difficult to identify, to prosecute and recover from. It's cold blooded aspect can be just as unnerving as the immediate threat of physical violence.

I used to fear only violent crime, but experience has taught me that white collar crime is more pervasive and insidious.

Me and my loved ones have not been untouched by violent crime. But it's the white collar crimes that have had the most lasting effect. They are difficult to identify, to prosecute and recover from. It's cold blooded aspect can be just as unnerving as the immediate threat of physical violence.
White collar crime leads to other types of crime.
Example: We have some property shufflers here locally. One in particular has via creative paper sold property that was not legit. That led to that particular buyer to shoot at a neighbor who unsuspectingly purchased the legit deed.

The property scams here were being looked into by a young attorney for years. When he was getting to close to discovery he mysteriously was found hanging with nothing he could have climbed up on to put his own neck in the noose. It was called a suicide and his family could not get the authorities to investigate it.

One crooked theif and it leads who knows where. That saying, "A little leaven leavens the whole" fits.

I got attacked by ninja's in dark alley...I was able to fight 4 of them off but then a ninja star went into my leg and i went down.

White collar crime.

This is a brave topic, to look crime in the face from a personal aspect and discuss it. My family is not untouched by violence, either. Yet, who wants to get into that? Not me.

In a general way, I think violent crime 'gets the juice', in the news, and in LE. When we look at the current economic crisis we're in, white collar crime has a more pervasive effect, yet it generally goes under the wire.

I was born, raised, and live in one of the most deprived areas of the UK.Crime is part of life here, you never get used to it but you do become attuned and able to survive or you get sucked in.I have been a victim of crime several times, theft, vandalism, graffiti, trespass, you name it.

Don't you wish you could legally own a gun? Seriously.

Forum List

Back