Creepy Joe unveils plan to triple funding for low-income students,drastically increasing teacher pay

When it comes to the inflated education expenses everyone qualifies as low income....Hey here's a new tactic...why don't guberment stay out of it and lets go back to what works and is affordable...it was Joe and the Magic Kenyan that took over the student loan program....which drove up costs...government always make whatever they take control of more expensive.....tell Joe he had his fucking chance....he failed...why would we give him another shot at fucking up?.....

this will catch fire!

Like a dumpster. This is an issue Booker has an opportunity to stand out because of his experience with troubled schools and a willingness to compromise and support charter schools over keeping all kids in failing public schools.

Whether this helps struggling students is debatable. It will probably help ameliorate the teacher shortage to some small extent--if it goes through, of course, which is doubtful.

I would be much, much more impressed if candidates would start talking about the rise of violence in our schools, and I'm not talking about school shootings either. But I know that's too much to ask.

Plenty of examples of schools getting more money, and nothing improving.

Well, here's a thought. Let's say everyone pretty much agreed that schools are out of control with the lack of discipline--which they are.

That means when Mrs. Smith, the teacher, and Mr. Jones, the principal call about YOUR CHILD, you knee-jerk reaction has to be better than, "How dare you call me about MY CHILD, MY CHILD would NEVER do that..."

Because that's where we are in 2019. Everyone wants "better discipline" in the schools. The discipline problems NEVER, EVER come from "their children", however.

(This is not aimed at you personally, I'm just giving an example at how schools are just a microcosm of how society is failing as a whole.)

Well, here's a thought. Let's say everyone pretty much agreed that schools are out of control with the lack of discipline--which they are.

That means when Mrs. Smith, the teacher, and Mr. Jones, the principal call about YOUR CHILD, you knee-jerk reaction has to be better than, "How dare you call me about MY CHILD, MY CHILD would NEVER do that..."

Because that's where we are in 2019. Everyone wants "better discipline" in the schools. The discipline problems NEVER, EVER come from "their children", however.

(This is not aimed at you personally, I'm just giving an example at how schools are just a microcosm of how society is failing as a whole.)

Agreed.

Seriously addressing discipline would be far more productive, but will never happen, because it would A. be hard, and B. would impact blacks and browns more than whites, and that can't happen for political reasons.

WHAT HE REALLY MEANS..........

"I hope to hell this get's poor people to vote!!"

Brought to you by "Fuck you middle class"

Forum List

Back