Creedence Clearwater Revival

Good memories for me. Had a friend whose father was a retired Air Force colonel. He would always say to us "play that Clarence Creekwater stuff again, I like it ".

Great band! I just recently got into them, for some reason I never really gave them a chance, but now I like them a lot.

Great, great band. Contagious, toe-tapping fun - like the early Beatles. Great choice, Semper Fi! I think my favorite is " Down on the Corner ".

Originally posted by musicman
Great, great band. Contagious, toe-tapping fun - like the early Beatles. Great choice, Semper Fi! I think my favorite is " Down on the Corner ".

Yeah, thats a good one. Fortunate Son, Lookin out my backdoor, Up around the bend, those never get old. Now its all gansta rap and hip yo yo wicky wicky.

'Travelin' Band' is the one I always spend my nickel for in the jukebox.

So, is this the kind of stuff you're learning from this board?? :tng:

You know, there were ALOT of good bands, then. When music WAS music. Another favorite is the Eagles. A friend had a Henley concert DVD. Did 'Hotel California' with a salsa beat. Not only was 'Hotel California' ruined it wasn't even a good salsa!!

Joz said:
You know, there were ALOT of good bands, then. When music WAS music. Another favorite is the Eagles. A friend had a Henley concert DVD. Did 'Hotel California' with a salsa beat. Not only was 'Hotel California' ruined it wasn't even a good salsa!!

AAAHHHEEEMMM...

There is still lots of good music out there. Take Incubus, for example. :thup:

I didn't mean to insult you. There is still good music being recorded. Just not in the abundance that it once was. So much tho' sounds like the same song with someone different trying to sing it. That goes for Country music, as well. Whatever happened to being origional?

I'm referring to a time where there were The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Dave Clark Five, Mammas & Papas, Aretha Franklin, Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Four Seasons, Joe Cocker. Not a one of them sounds like the other. Each had his/her own style and they were great. That is what I mean 'when music was music'.

Gotcha Joz. BTW I am very hard to offend.

I agree, though, it seems like a ot of music today has the same sound/feel, especially pop and rap/R&B. Rock still has a varying feel to it though.

See, rock will never die. I find myself listening to rock from the 70's and 80's and Im just blown away. I love it, nothing can ever compare to it. I dont care what da gangsta rappuhs gosta say.

Forum List

Back