Creed reunion

First let me say that Creed was one of my favorite bands of that ''era''.

While it is true that Scott Stapp was raised in a Christian household and he has stated in interviews that he and other band members were Christian, they were by no means a ''Christian band/group''.

I found the lyrics to many of Creed's songs very relatable... as I was (and continue) struggling with my own spirituality. To the poster who stated that the band was unoriginal (i.e. sounds like many other bands), I'd have to respectfully disagree.

If they did, then why did they enjoy such resounding success? What other bands can you name that were similar in message?

As far as their songs sounding similar to one another, I'd defy you name bands whose songs sound dissimilar. In fact, when a new song plays on the radio, I can usually identify the band within the first few seconds.

Regardless which you camp you line up with, hate Creed or love Creed, I care not. Music is diverse enough for any and all to enjoy.

So ''cheers'' to Creed and their reunion and let's hope they can retain their fan base while bringing others into the fold. :beer:

Last edited:
First let me say that Creed was one of my favorite bands of that ''era''.

While it is true that Scott Stapp was raised in a Christian household and he has stated in interviews that he and other band members were Christian, they were by no means a ''Christian band/group''.

I found the lyrics to many of Creed's songs very relatable... as I was (and continue) struggling with my own spirituality. To the poster who stated that the band was unoriginal (i.e. sounds like many other bands), I'd have to respectfully disagree.

If they did, then why did they enjoy such resounding success? What other bands can you name that were similar in message?

As far as their songs sounding similar to one another, I'd defy you name bands whose songs sound dissimilar. In fact, when a new song plays on the radio, I can usually identify the band within the first few seconds.

Regardless which you camp you line up with, hate Creed or love Creed, I care not. Music is diverse enough for any and all to enjoy.

So ''cheers'' to Creed and their reunion and let's hope they can retain their fan base while bringing others into the fold. :beer:

That is a very nice, mature post! Kudos to you! :clap2:

Music is subjective, if someone likes a band or doesn't, who cares, as long as *they* aren't blasting the music you don't like in your ears, eh?

Well, now you know where I get the opinion that you just might be retarded. Like them or not, Creed's sound is unique, and they don't sound like any of "those other bands", whatever they may be. In addition to being slightly regarded, you obviously don't know what you're talking about.
and the fact you thing Creed's sound is unique obviously means you know nothing about music.The are a complete Pearl Jam rip off. So turn off the Nickelback and and 3doors down and try to listen to something that actually took talent to make. A big hint that band sucks is when every song the play sounds like the last one.

You've obviously had one too many bad acid trips, girly.
so you are saying Scott doesn't sound like Eddie Vedder at all? and I am the one who has had too many acid trips???:cuckoo:

o damn i thought this thread was about creed perfumes......i have no clue who this band is nor do i care...i am gonna go sit with cw and eat his popcorn.....

o damn i thought this thread was about creed perfumes......i have no clue who this band is nor do i care...i am gonna go sit with cw and eat his popcorn.....
I wish I was like you, and had never heard Creed.

And many people probably like Creed, I also don't care too much for Dave Matthews, I can stand listening to their music once in awhile but I am just not a fan.

You know you want him, Luissa ...

8901612-8901615-slarge.jpg

man, I forgot he even tried to look like Eddie Vedder. The problem was, he is not from Seattle.
can't wait to hear the response for that one

If creed's plane went down like Richie Valens and Buddy Holly's someone would write a song called "thank God for Snowstorms"

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How that music used to make me cringe.

If creed's plane went down like Richie Valens and Buddy Holly's someone would write a song called "thank God for Snowstorms"

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How that music used to make me cringe.
you better hope DIs doesn't read this!

Creed is to music what hemorrhoids are to sitting down.

Forum List

Back