Credit Where It Is Due: Michelle Bachmann

LOL.

Credit where credit is due: "When Hitler was running Germany, a young woman could walk from Berlin to Baveria without fear of being atttacked."

(something my parent's German landlord used to say to them when my dad was stationed in Germany in the early 70's).

I don't think Bachmann would be good for the country, but I do think she's out hustled Palin for a unique (and rather small) voter demographic.

I really had my doubts that Palin would run. Now I wonder if she won't throw her hat in the ring just to keep Bachmann from eclipsing her.

In all seriousness I don't think she ever planned to run , well, maybe for a bit after she resigned but, not for a long time. she won't get in either.

I don't think she ever planned to run either. But, in the spirit of "credit where credit is due", I think her ambiguousness about it has been pure genius on her part. She's maintained her status as "relevant" much longer than she would have otherwise, kept her name in the papers (all publicity is good publicity), and pretty much guaranteed herself a lifelong, high paying career as a "pundit".

Hey, its the amerikan way, look at Carter. she didn't even have to be president....:lol:

I do try and give credit where it is due. In this instance, I have to give credit to Michelle Bachmann for having the Chutzpah to toss her hat in the ring. The second order effect of this is that Sarah Palin is being erased by Bachmann. I find this profoundly hilarious.

Palin was apparently egotistical enough to think she could string the GOP base on forever. That gave enough room for Bachmann, a virtual Palin clone, to come in and steal her thunder. Bachmann appeals to the same values voters as Palin did with an added bonus: she is actually running for something.

Got to give credit to Bachmann for being scrappy, seeing an opportunity, and jumping on it.

She is going to force Palin's hand on if she will run or not. Palin will have to act quickly now or she will be completely irrelevant. The most recent Newsweek cover smacks of particular desperation.

Again, I don't like Bachmann, but at least she has never quit and is in the game (I think) to win and not collect royalty check

I credit her for having the common sense to hire as her top political advisor someone who can actually give her sane advice--Ed Rollins.

I don't think Bachmann would be good for the country, but I do think she's out hustled Palin for a unique (and rather small) voter demographic.

What could be more hilarious than libs who think their views are "mainstream?"

credit where credit is due: Stalin modernized the Soviet Union and turned it into a world power.

LOL.

Credit where credit is due: "When Hitler was running Germany, a young woman could walk from Berlin to Baveria without fear of being atttacked."

(something my parent's German landlord used to say to them when my dad was stationed in Germany in the early 70's).

I really had my doubts that Palin would run. Now I wonder if she won't throw her hat in the ring just to keep Bachmann from eclipsing her.

In all seriousness I don't think she ever planned to run , well, maybe for a bit after she resigned but, not for a long time. she won't get in either.

I agree, but she might now just to keep her stock relevant.

What could be more hilarious than libs who think their views are "mainstream?"

I don't think my views are "mainstream". I also don't think Palin/Bachman's views are mainstream.

I do try and give credit where it is due. In this instance, I have to give credit to Michelle Bachmann for having the Chutzpah to toss her hat in the ring. The second order effect of this is that Sarah Palin is being erased by Bachmann. I find this profoundly hilarious.

Palin was apparently egotistical enough to think she could string the GOP base on forever. That gave enough room for Bachmann, a virtual Palin clone, to come in and steal her thunder. Bachmann appeals to the same values voters as Palin did with an added bonus: she is actually running for something.

Got to give credit to Bachmann for being scrappy, seeing an opportunity, and jumping on it.

She is going to force Palin's hand on if she will run or not. Palin will have to act quickly now or she will be completely irrelevant. The most recent Newsweek cover smacks of particular desperation.

Again, I don't like Bachmann, but at least she has never quit and is in the game (I think) to win and not collect royalty check

I credit her for having the common sense to hire as her top political advisor someone who can actually give her sane advice--Ed Rollins.

Me too. She's serious about this. She's not fucking around.

I don't think she ever planned to run either. But, in the spirit of "credit where credit is due", I think her ambiguousness about it has been pure genius on her part. She's maintained her status as "relevant" much longer than she would have otherwise, kept her name in the papers (all publicity is good publicity), and pretty much guaranteed herself a lifelong, high paying career as a "pundit".

Hey, its the amerikan way, look at Carter. she didn't even have to be president....:lol:

Clinton and Gore too. And Mike Huckabee.

Me too. She's serious about this. She's not fucking around.

Gone is all the wild-eyed hysterical rhetoric. She will certainly be an up and comer for future presidential cycles, for sure. What I'm curious about is where are all the female Democrats? Other than Hillary Clinton, there's no one I can think of with aspirations.

Clinton and Gore too. And Mike Huckabee.

well they had a lot more time in office(s) than she, by far soooo;)

All the women and most of the men Democrats are too afraid to run against the Obama. They're probably afraid they will be knee capped in some dark alley or something..:lol:

credit where credit is due: Stalin modernized the Soviet Union and turned it into a world power.

LOL.

I'd like to take a moment and make an observation; fair and moderate folks are in fairly short supply here so when I see what in my opinion speaks to that, I have to say, its nice to see.....

there were a number ways that this statement could have been made, one like this;
I don't think Bachmann would be good for the country,

which is the OP's words
and

I don't think Bachmann is good for the country,

or

Bachmann is not be good for the country,

:clap2:

LOL.

I'd like to take a moment and make an observation; fair and moderate folks are in fairly short supply here so when I see what in my opinion speaks to that, I have to say, its nice to see.....

there were a number ways that this statement could have been made, one like this;
I don't think Bachmann would be good for the country,

which is the OP's words
and

I don't think Bachmann is good for the country,

or

Bachmann is not be good for the country,

:clap2:

Thanks. I try not to be a complete wingnut.

I do admire her moxie. She's not afraid to throw her hat in the ring. As bad as I think she would be for the country, she's not playing around with her supporters.

A politician at least owes that to the people that devote their time and energy to them.

Let's not forget that Mussolini made the trains run on time.

Forum List

Back