Credit Where It Is Due: Michelle Bachmann

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Jun 27, 2009
Out here in the middle.
I do try and give credit where it is due. In this instance, I have to give credit to Michelle Bachmann for having the Chutzpah to toss her hat in the ring. The second order effect of this is that Sarah Palin is being erased by Bachmann. I find this profoundly hilarious.

Palin was apparently egotistical enough to think she could string the GOP base on forever. That gave enough room for Bachmann, a virtual Palin clone, to come in and steal her thunder. Bachmann appeals to the same values voters as Palin did with an added bonus: she is actually running for something.

Got to give credit to Bachmann for being scrappy, seeing an opportunity, and jumping on it.

She is going to force Palin's hand on if she will run or not. Palin will have to act quickly now or she will be completely irrelevant. The most recent Newsweek cover smacks of particular desperation.

Again, I don't like Bachmann, but at least she has never quit and is in the game (I think) to win and not collect royalty check

I do try and give credit where it is due. In this instance, I have to give credit to Michelle Bachmann for having the Chutzpah to toss her hat in the ring. The second order effect of this is that Sarah Palin is being erased by Bachmann. I find this profoundly hilarious.

Palin was apparently egotistical enough to think she could string the GOP base on forever. That gave enough room for Bachmann, a virtual Palin clone, to come in and steal her thunder. Bachmann appeals to the same values voters as Palin did with an added bonus: she is actually running for something.

Got to give credit to Bachmann for being scrappy, seeing an opportunity, and jumping on it.

She is going to force Palin's hand on if she will run or not. Palin will have to act quickly now or she will be completely irrelevant. The most recent Newsweek cover smacks of particular desperation.

Again, I don't like Bachmann, but at least she has never quit and is in the game (I think) to win and not collect royalty check

credit where credit is due: Stalin modernized the Soviet Union and turned it into a world power.

You better put your flame suit on.

And don't count Palin out yet. She is full of surprises.

credit where credit is due: Stalin modernized the Soviet Union and turned it into a world power.

LOL.

Credit where credit is due: "When Hitler was running Germany, a young woman could walk from Berlin to Baveria without fear of being atttacked."

(something my parent's German landlord used to say to them when my dad was stationed in Germany in the early 70's).

I don't think Bachmann would be good for the country, but I do think she's out hustled Palin for a unique (and rather small) voter demographic.

I really had my doubts that Palin would run. Now I wonder if she won't throw her hat in the ring just to keep Bachmann from eclipsing her.

She's doing a good job of listening to her handlers too and keeping to the scripts with her comments and answers.

It will be the greatest thing EVER if she wins the GOP nomination!!

When your flamethrowing is always on full bore and you are laying the scunyon down, you don't need to take a defensive posture.

Though, I fully expect a Palin Zombie pic (which will miss the point of the thread completely).

I am not counting Palin out. What I am saying is that Bachmann is essentially calling her hand on the whole "am I running or not" thing.

She's doing a good job of listening to her handlers too and keeping to the scripts with her comments and answers.

It will be the greatest thing EVER if she wins the GOP nomination!!

Yeah. She's acting like a serious contender. Something Palin has been loath to do.

:lol::lol:but it was all smoke and mirrors.......:eek:oh wait....

When your flamethrowing is always on full bore and you are laying the scunyon down, you don't need to take a defensive posture.

Though, I fully expect a Palin Zombie pic (which will miss the point of the thread completely).

I am not counting Palin out. What I am saying is that Bachmann is essentially calling her hand on the whole "am I running or not" thing.

I know you don't like being disappointed;)

Attachments

• $zombie palin 2 copy_edited-2.jpg
    $zombie palin 2 copy_edited-2.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 95

LOL.

Credit where credit is due: "When Hitler was running Germany, a young woman could walk from Berlin to Baveria without fear of being atttacked."

(something my parent's German landlord used to say to them when my dad was stationed in Germany in the early 70's).

I don't think Bachmann would be good for the country, but I do think she's out hustled Palin for a unique (and rather small) voter demographic.

I really had my doubts that Palin would run. Now I wonder if she won't throw her hat in the ring just to keep Bachmann from eclipsing her.

In all seriousness I don't think she ever planned to run , well, maybe for a bit after she resigned but, not for a long time. she won't get in either.

LOL.

I wasn't trying to equate Bachmann to Stalin.
just funny how we can give credit where credit is due.

LOL.

I wasn't trying to equate Bachmann to Stalin.
just funny how we can give credit where credit is due.

Oh I know. I thought it was funny.

LOL.

In all seriousness I don't think she ever planned to run , well, maybe for a bit after she resigned but, not for a long time. she won't get in either.

I don't think she ever planned to run either. But, in the spirit of "credit where credit is due", I think her ambiguousness about it has been pure genius on her part. She's maintained her status as "relevant" much longer than she would have otherwise, kept her name in the papers (all publicity is good publicity), and pretty much guaranteed herself a lifelong, high paying career as a "pundit".

Forum List

Back