Credit Chief Slams Free Reports

Boo freakin' hoo. I think it's "unconstitutional and un-American" for a private company to obtain tons of private information on me without my permission. So :finger:, Equifax! :fu2:

gop_jeff said:
Boo freakin' hoo. I think it's "unconstitutional and un-American" for a private company to obtain tons of private information on me without my permission. So :finger:, Equifax! :fu2:
Not only that, but if there is an error on your report it almost takes a frigin court order to fix it!

Hey Mister Chapman, I have something for you...right here...

bandarinbutton.gif

I'm going to agree with him to a small degree. He said:

Our company felt, and still does ... that it's unconstitutional to cause a public company who has a fiduciary responsibility to return profit to shareholders to give away the product."

He has a valid point. This is a true statement. That would almost equate (notice, I said almost), to the government telling the oil companies that because of the high cost of gas and our dependence upon it, they have to give 5 gallons of gas away to every consumer once per month.

Ridiculous.

My other 99% is in disagreement with him. If they are going to maintain all this information about everyone, especially since this info can make or break someone and their family, what is the big deal if they give one credit report a year to everyone.

Hello! Mr. Chapman....your net revenue last year was 1.27 BILLION dollars. The credit reports are accessible through the Internet...the consumers print them out at home. How much is this really going to cost your company?

How refreshing would it have been if he had said, as a courtesy to the citizens of the United States, and in their renewed effort to ensure that everyone has an accurate credit rating, his company would give everyone one credit report every 6 months instead of a year.

Take the high road Mr. Chapman. Do something helpful to the American Public.

1.27 BILLION dollars...wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhh......

Call the whaaaaaambulance.

A lot of the responsibilty lies with the companies that own your debt and the manner in which your debt is reported to collection agencies. Some are in no hurry to report your debt to a credit monitoring agencies or collection agencies out of sheer neglect or incompetency. You are assumed guilty if you do not jump through the appropriate and often costly hoops.

Debts over 7 years are not collectable yet this is 7 years FROM THE DATE REPORTED, NOT from the date they were incurred. Not reporting a debt immediately to a credit monitoring agency technically allows this debt to affect your credit rating for nearly 14 years.

Forum List

Back