Credit card offers

Credit cards are a great tool.

I don't understand the "I'll never own a credit cards again" attitude whne it should be "I'll never carry a balance on my Cards again".

A CC is one of the best ways to skyrocket your credit score.

And if you want to stop getting all those credit card offers, join Life Lock. I did last year and haven't got a CC offer in the mail since.

Yeah, I have a rewards balance on one of mine that is damn near my whole credit limit amount.

HSBC has great offers on cards.

You know what HSBC stands for right?

Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation.

Yeah, but what are you trying to say?

I'm not a big fan of chinese banks because of the situation we've gotten ourselves into with respect to owing China 800 billion dollars. I did have a HSBC credit card a while back but I cut it up.

I'm not a big fan of chinese banks because of the situation we've gotten ourselves into with respect to owing China 800 billion dollars. I did have a HSBC credit card a while back but I cut it up.

Well, we should probably be kissing the ground they walk on for even buying our treasuries.

Not that I agree with the fact that we've borrowed that much, but where the hell would we be right now without them continuing to hold our debt?

They literally hold our economic stability in their hands.

Well, we should probably be kissing the ground they walk on for even buying our treasuries.

Not that I agree with the fact that we've borrowed that much, but where the hell would we be right now without them continuing to hold our debt?

They literally hold our economic stability in their hands.

and that fact scares most Americans who are aware of it.

Yep and they get shredded! We had 3 credit cards and almost all paid off, they were cut up last year. This house hold won't own a credit card ever again.

that is bad. if you don't have revolving credit your score will suffer badly. you should j ust charge your normal monthly bills to CCs and then pay them off in full when the bill comes.

I have shredded them as well. Some people will not do it though...thinking that if they run the cards up and lose their jobs, Obama will bail them out....how did Americans become so irresponsible with their finances?

you should take the card with the 50k limit and just don't use it for now. you never know when a catatrophe will come whether its medical or your roof caves in, some other house damage etc.

Yep and they get shredded! We had 3 credit cards and almost all paid off, they were cut up last year. This house hold won't own a credit card ever again.

Debit cards only in my house...if I dont have it in my checking account, I wont buy it.

as said before, just use your CC as a debit card and pay it off in full when the bill comes. I got my credit score to 740 at 21 just doing that since 18

I use them to rack up points and get things for free.

Yeah, I have a rewards balance on one of mine that is damn near my whole credit limit amount.

HSBC has great offers on cards.

HSBC is a global bank that was until recently based in London. It is now moving its HQ back to Hong Kong where it should be.

Forum List

Back