Credit Card Fraud

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Woke up this afternoon to a message from my bank asking me to contact them about an attempted large purchase at a restaurant. Apparently someone had mined my card number, made a duplicate credit card and attempted to make a large purchase with it, thankfully the the establishment's suspicions were aroused and contacted the bank.
Card has been canceled and a new one is being issued. Hope the failed thief gets busted.

This happens a great deal ... it is a big crime business.

Somebody did a similar thing to my card and charged over $2K of Frette bedding. At least he or she had good taste.

This is my "shopping card". It's a credit/debit, I only keep as much money in that account to cover purchases and I declined overdraft protection so I can't charge more than what's in the account which seriously minimizes any potential losses.

This is my "shopping card". It's a credit/debit, I only keep as much money in that account to cover purchases and I declined overdraft protection so I can't charge more than what's in the account which seriously minimizes any potential losses.

Smart man....and good advice for others to follow.
I do the same, it is unwise to use debit cards (especially online)that are attached to your main account. It's like why a person should always have a separate email account when doing anything on the web...my "web" email has 1'000's of emails, probably gets 30-40 a day...and I have never sent email from it!!

If somebody steals your card #, you shouldn't lose anything. I've had mine stolen at least a half dozen times, and each time, Visa reversed the charges.

Forum List

Back