Creationists have answers, all they need now are "facts".

R

rdean

I was reading an article in "Scientific America", Jan edition, page 11 called:

Creation, Evolution and Indisputable Facts - a science teacher asks if scientists and biblical literalists can get along

We are one species of many on a little planet with an ancient fossil record that shows that more than 99 percent of the species that once lived are now extinct. This speaks to a tenuousness of our existence as a species—an existence we need to protect vigorously.

AiG's biblical literalists, on the other hand, hold that we are God's favorites. We live at the universe's center on a planet God made and maintains for us to use. Earth's resources are here for us to exploit. God protects us and promised he would not destroy Earth again until the end of days. In that scenario, we have little reason to safeguard our existence.

Creationists begin with answers and work to prove that those answers are right. This is antithetical to the scientific process. Scientists who formed the idea of human evolution did not invent the idea and go looking for fossils.

---------------------------

Did you know the stars are OLDER then the earth because stars weren't created until the 4th day?

Magical creationists will be the death of our species, I have no doubt.

Is it possible God put bones in the ground to show us what creatures on other planets looked like?

It always bears repeating; creationism is based on faith not facts. I am a beilever of evolution and creation and taught both to my children. One has to do with our faith the other scientific evidence.

tonystewart1 is right more people should be like this guy, in many countries they separate science and religion, the countries that do this are advancing in technology at very rapid rates ie china and india

Forum List

Back