Creationism v. Evolution

How is this relavant except for ridicule?

Whether the world is six days, six years, six thousand years or six million years does not matter in the realm of taxation or how we should deal with the people who wish to end it.

I would kind of like to know if the person who is going to be leader of this country believes in fact or fiction.

I would kinda like to know that a person believes in more than just him or herself, and believes that there is something more..

Belief in religion does not mean that the same person believes all of science is the bogeyman..

Oh... and BTW... much of 'evolution' is still a theory and the knowledge of the start of life from nothing does not exist at this point in time and probably not any time soon

How is this relavant except for ridicule?

Whether the world is six days, six years, six thousand years or six million years does not matter in the realm of taxation or how we should deal with the people who wish to end it.

I would kind of like to know if the person who is going to be leader of this country believes in fact or fiction.

I would kinda like to know that a person believes in more than just him or herself, and believes that there is something more..

Belief in religion does not mean that the same person believes all of science is the bogeyman..

Oh... and BTW... much of 'evolution' is still a theory and the knowledge of the start of life from nothing does not exist at this point in time and probably not any time soon

Thank you for proving you have absolutely have no idea what evolution is. Please at LEAST educate yourself on the topic before commenting on it.

Well, does anybody know what Perry, Romney, Huntsman, Santorum think on this subject? I don't think Paul, Cain or Bachman have a chance any longer.

Romney and Huntsman, being Mormans, both believe in the science of evolution. Perry and Santorum believe the earth was magically shimmered into being a few thousand years ago.

Hope that helped.

Someone said they didn't care if the next president believed in the "Tooth Fairy". Well I do. You could end up with another Bush. A president who tried to force government scientists to rewrite data to match his administration's policies.

And please rigtht wingers, quit asking for links to something that's been linked a hundred times. Instead of just screaming, "Liar, it's not true", GO FIND OUT! You guys are so damn lazy. And you don't seem to know anything about your leaders.

And you're an idiot.. first off, I don't recall Romney or Huntsman EVER saying " the earth was magically shimmered into being a few thousand years ago".

Believing in creationism allows one to also accept the idea that the Earth is roughly 4,500,000,000 years old. I also have no problem with the theory of evolution.

Go educate yourself a bit kid.

Thank you for proving you have absolutely have no idea what evolution is. Please at LEAST educate yourself on the topic before commenting on it.

Really??

My education would prove otherwise...

Evolution, is a theory

As stated... having someone believe in religion or that there is an all powerful something that is beyond our knowledge, does not inherently mean that that 'religious' person thinks science of some parts of the evolution theory are the 'bogeyman'... someone can see the way life has evolved on this planet... but nothing has of yet shown the start of life from nothing... and belief in a creator does not mean that one cannot accept or understand the science of evolution

Get off your high horse

Really??

My education would prove otherwise...

Evolution, is a theory

As stated... having someone believe in religion or that there is an all powerful something that is beyond our knowledge, does not inherently mean that that 'religious' person things science of some parts of the evolution theory are the 'bogeyman'... someone can see the way life has evolved on this planet... but nothing has of yet shown the start of life from nothing... and belief in a creator does not mean that one cannot accept or understand the science of evolution

Get off your high horse

My horse is high because I bred it to be, Sir.

You don't appear to be arguing against evolution.

Abiogenesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Creationists tend to confuse the two, I'm ever so sorry.

I'll reiterate for you though.

Evolution makes absolutely no claims as to the beginning of life. It is possible to believe in God and know that evolution is correct.

Also, a theory as you are using it and a Scientific Theory are two completely separate entities.

Scientific theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your original argument is an argument against Abiogenesis, not Evolution.

Also?

There is experimental support for Abiogenesis as well. Life’s First Spark Re-Created in the Laboratory | Wired Science | Wired.com

Small, but a good start nonetheless.

Last edited:
"knowledge of the start of life from nothing does not exist at this point in time and probably not any time soon" has nothing to with evolution, which deals with the origin of species, not the origin of life.

Seems we have another thread where I have to provide the list of scientific theories and hear everyone tell me how all of them are "just" theories.

Theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How come no one ever denies the germ theory when they go to the doctor and are sick?

Or the theory of gravity when they're on their roof and done taking down christmas lights? Who needs a damn ladder?

Is plate tectonics jibberish? Is it really just the devil punching the ground from hell messing with the earth's outermost layers?

Gravity and Electromagnetism are considered theories too. D: Oh the inhumanity!

Well, does anybody know what Perry, Romney, Huntsman, Santorum think on this subject? I don't think Paul, Cain or Bachman have a chance any longer.

Romney and Huntsman, being Mormans, both believe in the science of evolution. Perry and Santorum believe the earth was magically shimmered into being a few thousand years ago.

Hope that helped.

Someone said they didn't care if the next president believed in the "Tooth Fairy". Well I do. You could end up with another Bush. A president who tried to force government scientists to rewrite data to match his administration's policies.

And please rigtht wingers, quit asking for links to something that's been linked a hundred times. Instead of just screaming, "Liar, it's not true", GO FIND OUT! You guys are so damn lazy. And you don't seem to know anything about your leaders.

And you're an idiot.. first off, I don't recall Romney or Huntsman EVER saying " the earth was magically shimmered into being a few thousand years ago".

Believing in creationism allows one to also accept the idea that the Earth is roughly 4,500,000,000 years old. I also have no problem with the theory of evolution.

Read much? The rest of us must live in a world where 'Perry and Santorum' reads 'Romney and Huntsman'!!! :eek:

Does anybody know the GOP candidate's stand on this subject? How many believe in evolution v. how many believe in creationism?

Who the fuck cares? Did anyone ask Obama how he felt about Hindu mythology?

I think the science of evolution is pretty clear. For those who doubt the science; what else do they think...that storks bring babies? That our terrorist enemies actually live in caves and aren't sophisticated opponents? Or that our tax monies should be sent to schools that don't enroll catholics, or jews, or muslims?

I love how whenever you ask someone a question about this crop of GOP candidates,
they automatically envoke the Obama defense. Want some cheese with your whine?

Does anybody know the GOP candidate's stand on this subject? How many believe in evolution v. how many believe in creationism?

I think the science of evolution is pretty clear. For those who doubt the science; what else do they think...that storks bring babies? That our terrorist enemies actually live in caves and aren't sophisticated opponents? Or that our tax monies should be sent to schools that don't enroll catholics, or jews, or muslims?

I love how whenever you ask someone a question about this crop of GOP candidates,

I think the Moon orbits the Earth. Funny thing, I never had the slightest urge to ask any politician to clarify their views on it. Does the fact that I do not care if politicians agree with me about it make me weird, or are you weird for thinking it matters?

I think the Moon orbits the Earth. Funny thing, I never had the slightest urge to ask any politician to clarify their views on it. Does the fact that I do not care if politicians agree with me about it make me weird, or are you weird for thinking it matters?

Neither; we're not running for President.

Would you not think it is weird if you had a leader of a major political campaign that doubted that the moon orbited the earth eventhough there is science on top of science that proves it from every conceivable angle?

Yes. We don't need another president who hires an ethics committee to help him decide on what to do with stem cells, and then fires all the biologists because they don't agree with what he wanted to hear in the first place. This is the definition of stubborn ignorance.

So yes, we do need to know if our presidents can concede to expert evidence, unless you think the president is single handedly smart enough to know everything possibly needed to run a country without evidence based advisers. But let's face it, dumb Americans have a habit of seeking a dumb president.

Fact or fiction to you, maybe not fact or fiction to the next person.
Fact is generally independent of the evaluator. Which is what makes it FACT.

when it comes to this topic, you're a moron.

Hope that helped.

Me neither. Learn to read fool.

I KNOW that there are many people that think I am stupid because I believe in God.

I also know that these are the same people that believe that:

• there was big explosion
  • a bunch of stuff banged together & formed a mass that started rotating around the sun
  • THEN - little amoebas stated swimming in the ocean, since the conditions for life "just happened by chance" to be perfect to support life!
  • some of the amoebas turned into fish! some of the fish found a way to crawl onto beaches!
  • the fish that crawled on beaches developed into different types of species
  • and eventually, a monkey somewhere gave birth to the 1st human baby!

Yeah. Some people think that I'm stupid for not endorsing "science" 100%. Go figure...

I KNOW that there are many people that think I am stupid because I believe in God.

I also know that these are the same people that believe that:

• there was big explosion
  • a bunch of stuff banged together & formed a mass that started rotating around the sun
  • THEN - little amoebas stated swimming in the ocean, since the conditions for life "just happened by chance" to be perfect to support life!
  • some of the amoebas turned into fish! some of the fish found a way to crawl onto beaches!
  • the fish that crawled on beaches developed into different types of species
  • and eventually, a monkey somewhere gave birth to the 1st human baby!

Yeah. Some people think that I'm stupid for not endorsing "science" 100%. Go figure...

I'm trying to figure out if you are serious or not...

I'm going to assume you are joking. :/

Forum List

Back