Creationism v Evolution, Compressed

How many Atheist charities are there that engage in activities that do something other than promote Atheism? HJalf the Hospitals in most US towns are religiously affilliated or were at one time.

The notion of evolution is entirely dependent upon the trustworthiness of human senses and reason.

The universe appears to our human eyes to be quite old. Does that of necessity mean that it is indeed quite old? Of course not, no more so than David Copperfield really made the Empire State Building disappear.

So in other words, the universe is full of magic. The properties of physics be damned!

Sorry didn't say that nor did I claim such. I merely stated that our sense do not invariably give us the whole story.

Sorry didn't say that nor did I claim such. I merely stated that our sense do not invariably give us the whole story.

If you mean that by our measurements that the universe is ~10,000,000,000 years old or whatever it is as ascertained by measurements of light waves in space when in fact, the earth is much older because we don't know what exactly started the universe, then yes, I would agree. But if you believe (third-person "you", not you necessarily) that the world is 6,000 years old, completely contradicting our understanding of time/space and carbon-dating, then you would believe in magic.

I have no idea as to the exact age of the earth. Nor do I overmuch care. Siffice it to say that a God powerful enough to have created the universe in the first place could well have created it at any point in it's history He chose and we who live within it would have no way of knowing exactly when that creation point was or to even prove that such was the case. Given that God has said salvation is to be by grace and grace alone that is logically exactly what I would expect.

Said in a slightly different way If God wishes to make salvation by grace and grace alone then there must be some seemingly logical alternative to God did it. To my mind evolution is that seemingly logical alternative.

The notion of evolution is entirely dependent upon the trustworthiness of human senses and reason.

The universe appears to our human eyes to be quite old. Does that of necessity mean that it is indeed quite old? Of course not, no more so than David Copperfield really made the Empire State Building disappear.

The piece of parchment taken fro a cave appears to our human eyes to be quite old. Does that of necessity mean that it is indeed quite old? Of course not, no more so than David Copperfield really made the Empire State Building disappear

An example of a religious prediction:

Pride goeth before the fall.
[/LEFT]

Trying to compare science to religion is fraught with problems because, really they mostly are addressing very different kinds of understandings.​

You're an idiot. That's not a prediction, that's good advice regarding hubris

whole this discussion about evolution and creationism is indeed comical

ST34 said:
this reminds situation if somebody began to doubt in heliocentric theory and tried to go back to the geocentric theory - so begun discussion would be comical and plaintive, and persons which denied truths of the heliocentric theory with reference to the planetary system, should be account as the complete ignoramuses and even illiterates

because the heliocentric system denies the bible (and the creationism, see first book of bible) we should go back to the geocentric system ?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back