Creating Jobs!!!!

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Well it seems there are a couple of losers here at USMB that doubt if ol HUGGY can invent anything useful. Lets take that frown and turn it upside down...let's make lemonade outta the lemons!!!!

I'm gonna kick off this "inventors" thread on creating jobs. Feel free to chime in with YOUR job creating idea... Those of you that want to "invent" a new tax break for billionaires ...spare us...please...

OK...here is one idea that could create jobs AND help cut the deficit.

One of the biggest expenses in business is SHIPPING. I know that many flights by military cargo planes fly EMPTY. What if we have the military fly civilian cargo on empty flights and training missions. There are thousands of such flights every year. The businesses could get a reduced rate to fly their products and incoming parts via the military and the military could get an income that could help offset some of their operations cost.

There could be many new jobs in routing and handling packages and as an added bonus to those communities near military bases there could be many jobs available supporting other aspects of this "new" shipping company.

Just a thought..

What's yours?

Have to be sure the enemy is not shipping something hazardous, explosive, jamming, etc. Or something that can scan our secret codes, info, software, hardware, tracking or spying.

Not an idea w/o merit.

First idea off the top of my head is more artful. Get some return off our unemployment benefit investment. Send some folks who are claiming unemployment to go finish that Crazy Horse statue! At least we will get a few more international tourism bucks into the economy.

Uncle Ferd goin' for a job interview tomorrow - wringin' farts outta shirt-tails atta dry cleaners...
:lol:
Looking for work? 3 million jobs are available
April 13, 2011 -- The picture is improving for unemployed job seekers. In February, hiring picked up and the ratio of unemployed seekers to available jobs improved to reach the lowest level since the end of 2008, according to the latest government readings released Wednesday.
The Labor Department reported that there were 3.1 million job openings in February, up from 352,000 from January and 570,000 from year-earlier levels. It was the largest number of available positions since September 2008. "Today's report was broadly positive and reflects continued improvement in the labor market," wrote Theresa Chen, an economist with Barclays Capital, in a note Wednesday. "We are particularly encouraged by the persistent rise in the job openings rate."

With fewer people unemployed in recent months, there are only 4.4 unemployed job seekers for every opening, an improvement from the ratio of 5.1 jobless for every opening in January. That ratio, which was an average of two jobless for every open position in the seven years before the start of the recession, reached a high of 6.9 jobless for every opening in July 2009.

The report also showed that the number of new hires by employers in February rose to 3.9 million, up 138,000 from January. Those laid-off or fired was little changed, with 1.6 million dismissals in February, up 50,000 from the January reading, which was a record low since the data started being collected in late 2000.

The number of people quitting their jobs also rose, a good sign for labor market because people typically are more willing to leave their jobs when they have found better positions or have confidence in the job market. There were 1.9 million workers who quit their jobs in February, up 254,000 from January and the highest level of those quitting in two years.

Source

z-1813.jpg

Lemonade stands.

Lots of them.

Forum List

Back