Creatine

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
No BS. If I use creatine (monohydrate) for 6 weeks, then stop, will the gains I got go away? :dunno: What about glutamine?

Semper Fi said:
No BS. If I use creatine (monohydrate) for 6 weeks, then stop, will the gains I got go away? :dunno: What about glutamine?

If you take it for 6 weeks and quit, your gains from it will eventualy go away. Creatine works by volumizing the water in the muscle cell. Like anything else, once you stop taking it, the effect goes away.

If you are talking about cycling -- 6 weeks on 2 weeks off -- your gains will not go away in 2 weeks.

GunnyL said:
If you take it for 6 weeks and quit, your gains from it will eventualy go away. Creatine works by volumizing the water in the muscle cell. Like anything else, once you stop taking it, the effect goes away.

If you are talking about cycling -- 6 weeks on 2 weeks off -- your gains will not go away in 2 weeks.

Does the same go for whey protein? Thanks for the info, btw.

Semper Fi said:

Whey should be used to aid the muscle building before and immediately after your workouts. (Actually any protein will do, but whey and egg are the most bioavailable, at least in my experience.)

Just curious, but are you trying to build functional muscle mass or just the pretty stuff? It makes a difference in how you train and what you take in.

CockySOB said:
Whey should be used to aid the muscle building before and immediately after your workouts. (Actually any protein will do, but whey and egg are the most bioavailable, at least in my experience.)

Just curious, but are you trying to build functional muscle mass or just the pretty stuff? It makes a difference in how you train and what you take in.

Kind of a mix of both. If I stop using whey but continue a regimen, will the gains I have now reduce? For what I want, I think just using protein and not creatine and protein should do it for me.

Semper Fi said:
Kind of a mix of both. If I stop using whey but continue a regimen, will the gains I have now reduce? For what I want, I think just using protein and not creatine and protein should do it for me.

I think you have answered your own question. Supplementing is an individual thing, and nobody can really tell you exactly what it will do better than if you just try it out.

If you're looking for max protein while limiting fat and carbs, try a can of albacore tuna in spring water. That will easily provide you with as much or more additional protein than a sports supplement, and IMO, natural protein is to be preferred over a mix. Broiled chicken breasts are also a good low-fat/low-carb source of protein.

Semper Fi said:

Your gains from whey will not go away if you stop using it, because whey is (basically) just the same protein nutrients you get from drinking milk and whatnot. Whey is just an extreme form of providing your body with a nutrient, as opposed to creatine.

These days, science supports to take creatine in a non-stop supplementation with about 3 to 3.5 grams each day.
This guy is a well-known scientist about sports issues in german-language sphere from Austria
http://www.dr-moosburger.at/pub/pub037.pdf

After 30 days of 3 gram intake each day, you cant increase the Creatine level within muscles anymore. After 30 days it is enough to take 2 grams each day.
If you quit taking Creatine, after 4 weeks the Creatine level within muscles will be on base level before taking Creatine.
Most companies advise you to take high amounts of Creatine, this only leads to an expensive urine.

In the world, there are only 4 producers of the base substance which is value-added into different products by different companies. Remember, Creatine is a synthetic substance, without high production standards (cost issue) it is easy for toxic substances to find their way into Creatine.
3 of the producers are from China and 1 from Germany, according to Dr. Frank Hulsemann, he is from the Federal Office for Nature preserving of Germany.

The best product you can get is from Degussa AG, nowadays also called Evonik Industries. Made in Germany. It is the same guys who delivered Zyklon B to the concentration camps in the Third Reich. Their product is called Creapure. No toxic Made-in-China base substance.

I also had the best effects with this product.
A dose of 1 KG Creapure costs about 50 Euro. It lasts for 1 year.

Creatine always just added water weight for me. Strength gains were too minimal for the added water.

Most supplements are gimmicks. Just use protein. I consume anywhere from 1 to 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

Every once in a while, no more than twice a year, I'll do a cycle of an OTC prohormone. But you need to have your post-cycle therapy regiment ready to go as soon as the cycle is done or you will lose your gains and possibly take months to recover from the testosterone imbalance.

Creatine always just added water weight for me. Strength gains were too minimal for the added water.

Most supplements are gimmicks. Just use protein. I consume anywhere from 1 to 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

Every once in a while, no more than twice a year, I'll do a cycle of an OTC prohormone. But you need to have your post-cycle therapy regiment ready to go as soon as the cycle is done or you will lose your gains and possibly take months to recover from the testosterone imbalance.

With Creatine, you always have to make sure to get Creatine of pharmaceutical quality.
The word CreaPure is a registered Trademark by the Degussa AG.

In the USA, these 2 use the German pharmaceutical Creatine
PROLAB :: PROLAB
Creatine Powder

Besides the German company, there are only 3 other producers of the base substance. All of them from China. If you buy a product in USA, which does not reference CreaPure (trademark) as its ingredient, you are buying Chinese Creatine.

Forum List

Back