Create Jobs with Immigration Reform??

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Michael Bloomberg appeared on the Good Morning America this morning with some interesting comments on job creation.

Bloomberg says the U.S. is "pushing people that other countries want away from our shores." He said on ABC's "Good Morning America" that an overly restrictive immigration policy discourages people who can create work with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Bloomberg said, "If I were the president working with Congress, I would give a green card to anybody from around this world who wants to come here, create a business. They keep the green card as long as they employed, let's say, 10 or more workers."

What do you think?

The Associated Press: Bloomberg seeks to ease US immigration policies

Actually, that's already the case. I guess Bloomberg isn't fully informed here. Any immigrant who shows plans to start a business which will employ ten or more people is eligible for an EB-5 visa.

Actually, that's already the case. I guess Bloomberg isn't fully informed here. Any immigrant who shows plans to start a business which will employ ten or more people is eligible for an EB-5 visa.
The EB-5 requires an investment of a million dollars. Maybe he thinks this is too much or like you say maybe he is not aware of it. I wasn't.

Forum List

Back