Crazy christians at it again - rejecting set theory in their new textbooks

You DO realize how weak this piece is -- don'tcha?

Trying to roll ALL fundamentalist Christian Education on "set theory" -- when the only evidence is a passing reference to set theory in a SINGLE Text Book Publishers website..

Well, for me, this is new:

"Unlike the "modern math" theorists, who believe that mathematics is a creation of man and thus arbitrary and relative, A Beka Book teaches that the laws of mathematics are a creation of God and thus absolute....A Beka Book provides attractive, legible, and workable traditional mathematics texts that are not burdened with modern theories such as set theory." — ABeka.com

Wait? What?

So what does all of this have to do with Christian fundamentalists? I have to admit, when I first read that Mother Jones piece, I was stumped. I don't remember anybody disparaging set theory at the <<fundy>> schools I went to. And, I'll be honest, I didn't remember enough about what set theory was to be able put the pieces together.

If I could use this level of evidence -- I could prove how all the folks so paranoid about Christian beliefs are truly mentally ill... All is takes is ONE web cite and a bunch of speculation...

Forum List

Back