Crash

Mr. P said:
I’ll be the party pooper, I didn’t like it. I just saw it last weekend and it was so blah that I can’t think of anything good to say about it.

Sure P, go against the grain - lead the way, post-haste! :D

I think it was talked up too much, it didn't change my life like Oprah said it would. :(

Said1 said:
Sure P, go against the grain - lead the way, post-haste! :D

I think it was talked up too much, it didn't change my life like Oprah said it would. :(
Honestly, I had never heard anything about it, or of it at all.
To choppy, no real culmination of all the lil stories at the end…etc.
I just really think it sucked, but on the up side “Piano” was worse. :laugh: IMO

Mr. P said:
Honestly, I had never heard anything about it, or of it at all.
To choppy, no real culmination of all the lil stories at the end…etc.
I just really think it sucked, but on the up side “Piano” was worse. :laugh: IMO

Didn't see it. Like the Pianist, though.

I just saw this movie. It was ok, wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. I thought it was a little cheesy the way they connected all the characters. Anyone else find it ironic that hollywood paints itself (s. california) as a cesspool of racism? Other than that the only other thing I learned was that only blanks should be sold to gun owners otherwise stupid people are going to go around shooting young girls. :gay:

Mr. P said:
I’ll be the party pooper, I didn’t like it. I just saw it last weekend and it was so blah that I can’t think of anything good to say about it.

It was a fable or morality tale posing as drama. It was totally unrealistic and ground so many axes that they can chop down a forest. It was a good example of what's wrong with American filmmaking.

manu1959 said:
great film....great film....wait did i say it is a great film?

I have to agree, saw it this weekend and I was blown away. It was very similar in style to a Michael Mann movie like "Heat"... Music was great, story was fantastic. I thought it was going to be overly preachy, but it was more of a story of people's genuine fears and why they feel prejudices the way they do.

Totally deserved best pic. Only one tiny complaint - almost lost the Suspension of Disbelief with the way everybody's stories intertwined almost too much...but outsida that, great...

Gotta agree with Grump and Bonnie. I really liked it and while it had some weaknesses, overall really well done. And the acting was fantastic.

What I liked was that the "bad" guys weren't all bad and the "good" guys weren't all good.

manu1959 said:
great film....great film....wait did i say it is a great film?

Why?? Cause it makes you think. I would bet that if I watched it again it would be even better. Why? Cause the writer knew that racism and predjudice knows no color bounds. That car jacking is a way of life for some. That dealing in misery can be part of the day to day. Selling out for ones own gain is the norm.

The next morning after I watched it, not even six hours later, my neighbor got his vehicle stolen by some ahole on dope. Matter of fact, the purp ran him over while he tried to stop the guy. My neighbor? He is ok. The purp is white, not black. I guess they busted him, but the vehicle was heavily damaged so that the guy could steal about thirty bucks in change. My neighbor needs his vehicle cause he is self employed. Dumb to try and protect your property?? Well, I guess I am as dumb as he is cause I probably would have done the same thing..

A black girl accused a Pakistani?? of rape when he gave her a taxi ride. It was bogus, she just didn't want to pay the fare. This was on the news today..

Crash makes you think about what is going on around you, and more importantly, how you react to what you hear..

I liked the movie a great deal. I would recommend it.

Yep,,, just another aspect that makes you think. And, makes me give this flick two thumbs up..

What I liked was that the "bad" guys weren't all bad and the "good" guys weren't all good.[/QUOTE]

One of the other things that was cute.. The black detective was having sex with the white detective.. All is well until he tells his mother that she is interupting his fun with a WHITE CHICK.. Why did he tell his mom that?? Cause it really pisses her off!!!! hooooooooooorah!!!

Forum List

Back