crappy poll on fox news

tpahl

Jun 7, 2004
Cascadia
Take a look at page 2 where it shows if the election were held today who would you vote for...

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/082604_poll.pdf

here are the results

Bush Kerry Nader (NS/Other) (Not vote)

LIKELY VOTERS 43% 44 3 10 -

Democrats 8% 84 1 7 -
Republicans 87% 7 1 5 -
Independents 33% 38 11 16 2

Men 45% 44 3 7 1
Women 41% 45 2 12 -
Veterans 50% 41 2 6 1

Battlegrounds 37% 48 3 12 -

Notice how other is bigger than nader and bigger than the difference between bush and kerry (except for the D's and R's vote count). When are they going to start including that 'other' by name since it is obviously a bigger factor than nader and going to play a key role in the election?

insein said:
because other consists of about 27 "other" candidates. Not just that dumbass badnarik.

When badnarik is included in polls he is polling much higher than all the other candidates except Bush and Kerry and is definitly more of a factor than Nader. Why does fox include Nader when they know (or at least should know) that he is not going to be on the ballot more than a few states. Fair and balanced my ass.

Well, let's see. "Other" includes:

Ralph Nader
Diane Templin
Michael Peroutka
Michael Badnarik
Leonard Peltier
Charles Jay
Gene Admonson
Walt Brown
Bill Van Auken
Martin Koppel
Ben Thompson
That Cobb guy from the Green Party
Whoever the Natural Law Party throws out there
Countless official write in candidates
Apparently DKSuddeth

Why single out Badnarik with his 1% of the vote? Nader is at least a nationally recognized name, and poll results that are commissioned by Badnarik don't count.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Well, let's see. "Other" includes:

Ralph Nader
Diane Templin
Michael Peroutka
Michael Badnarik
Leonard Peltier
Charles Jay
Gene Admonson
Walt Brown
Bill Van Auken
Martin Koppel
Ben Thompson
That Cobb guy from the Green Party
Whoever the Natural Law Party throws out there
Countless official write in candidates
Apparently DKSuddeth

Why single out Badnarik with his 1% of the vote? Nader is at least a nationally recognized name, and poll results that are commissioned by Badnarik don't count.

And of those, only about 2 others will be on the ballot in enough states to matter. Nader is not one of those.

Alot of people have alot of name recognition. That does not mean they are more deserving of being on a poll for president of the USA. Nader is a has been that lost. Badnarik is a candidate that will be on 49 or 50 states ballots and is therefore much more credible than nader. Why do you think fox includes them? Just name recognition? If so they should add irresponsible to their 'fair and balanced'.

And Badnarik has been in polls not commisioned by the campaign and came in over 1%.

Jimmyeatworld said:
What do you think most polls are anymore? Point is, the only poll that counts is in November.

Most polls published on tv and newspapers are not internet polls.

And other polls do matter because of the partisan commision on presidential elections.

tpahl said:

Here is the problem from my poing of view tpahl....

This is too important a time for us to be f*cking around. The reality is that it is going to be either Bush or Kerry. I am not saying that I am voting for the "lesser of two evils" cuz I am not. I believe in Bush.

I also understand and believe in what you are promoting. The ONE chance we really had to get a third party going was in 1996. The problem is, we were ALL too caught up in the times and we weren't paying enough attention. I am as guilty of that as anybody and I will admit it.

While I do LOVE the idea of getting a third party going, NOW is not the time. Perhaps in 2008, but NOT NOW.

JMHO!

freeandfun1 said:
The ONE chance we really had to get a third party going was in 1996.

The best chance for a third party is to gain enough seats in the Senate and House to influence with legislation. A third party Presidential canidate will never gain much support untill it seems possible that the person will have influence with the Congress.

tpahl said:
Take a look at page 2 where it shows if the election were held today who would you vote for...

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/082604_poll.pdf

here are the results

Notice how other is bigger than nader and bigger than the difference between bush and kerry (except for the D's and R's vote count). When are they going to start including that 'other' by name since it is obviously a bigger factor than nader and going to play a key role in the election?

Maybe because the category is Not sure/Other. Hmmm you ever sit down and think maybe those are the people that arent sure who they are going to vote for?

Interesting notes:

John McCain and Teresea were the most unknown of the bunch.

John Kerry scored lower then John Edwards in likeability.

its interesting to see.

freeandfun1 said:
Here is the problem from my poing of view tpahl....

This is too important a time for us to be f*cking around. The reality is that it is going to be either Bush or Kerry. I am not saying that I am voting for the "lesser of two evils" cuz I am not. I believe in Bush.

I also understand and believe in what you are promoting. The ONE chance we really had to get a third party going was in 1996. The problem is, we were ALL too caught up in the times and we weren't paying enough attention. I am as guilty of that as anybody and I will admit it.

While I do LOVE the idea of getting a third party going, NOW is not the time. Perhaps in 2008, but NOT NOW.

JMHO!

What I am saying here is not even about whether you should vote for Badnarik or whether you should support him or anything like that. What i am saying is that there are already people out there that support him in larger numbers than Nader. For Fox news to continue to put out polls asking about nader and ingoring badnarik is no 'fair and balanced' nor is it even responsible journalism. Whether you think badnarik is a great candidate or not is definetly something to discuss, but here I would think all would agree that at the very least when people already do support him, his name should be on polls. Or at least take Naders off since he is not getting much support and will not even be on most peoples ballot. I think Fox news is just trying to make the polls look more in bushs favor than it actually is. That is poor journalism.

Funny thing about that poll is they list all the names of third party candidates except one which they call "the libertarian candidate"

Looks like he is really getting popular.
Actually it also has 'green party candidate'. That means it was most likely put up before those two parties knew who their candidate was. The other parties on there are pretty much one man machines. The green and libertarain are much more than just one man.

Because he is not recieving any media attention and is completely off of the radar screen. With Nader's poor polling he is still kicking Badnarik's ass in media mention.

Forum List

Back