Crappiest Songs of All Time

i dunno.. i have always liked Cinderella. glam rock? sure. But no decade is without its trends and fads. I still won't wear flannel.

They were pretty bluesy anyway.

I was in the drugstore today and heard "Drive," by the Cars. It is without doubt one of the dumbest songs I've ever heard. It's not even sung by the main guy. It's like some guy in the band really wanted to sing once, so they let him.

Other crappiest songs of all time:

* "We Didn't Start the Fire", by Billy Joel. This song is just plain gay.

* "My Humps", by the Black-Eyed Peas.

* "Happy to Be Stuck With You", by Huey Lewis and the News.

Others?

Speaking of Black Eyed Peas, I'd say ANYTHING that Fergie's been putting out ranks among the worst. She's building songs on spelling a specific word and creating a catchy jingle. Maybe she thinks she's back at Kids Incorporated.

But lately, the worst songs of all time are basically anything my FM tuner has been spewing out. It's gotten really bad this past year. Our local modern rock station just turned into a classic rock/80's hair greatest hits station, and now we're just lucky enough to be thrown a bone with a random modern rock song. Not that I dislike classic rock, but we already have 3 of those stations that have been in existence here for over 15 years. I don't know how many times I can keep listening to the same old hits. They won't even play obscure songs, it's just the hits.

One of the crappiest songs of all time that I can think of is a song by the White Stripes called My Doorbell.

My 5 y.o. daughter and I love Big Girls Don't Cry, though.

Did she write it? I don't even know. It's not as bad as her others because it's a serious song and she's not trying to play down to the demographic of teenie boppers. Actually, I'll admit it's a good song. I didn't even know it was her for a couple weeks of being a released single.

I don't know if she wrote it. I didn't even realize she sang it until it came on the other day and they actually said it was her. Could have knocked me over with a feather.

How bout Honkytonk Badonkadonk?

Oh, yeah... I thought this was kinda funny the FIRST time I heard it, then, it started to piss me off. Musically, it's terrible. Problem with most modern country is, a lot of the songs sound like the music was written in five minutes and the lyrics in three.

That's a shame 'cause good country is really good. Bad country is really bad.

And can we ixnay on the country songs about someone with cancer? It's like every other song now.

Last edited:
Agree "Big Girls Don't Cry" is catchy... I think Fergie's a good singer. Would like to play with her humps. Just don't like "Humps" at all.

This may sound weird, but "Feliz Navidad" I kinda dig. It's on my running mix tape, along with other odd Christmas selections like "O Holy Night" by Josh Groban, which gives me goosebumps.

Our local modern rock station just turned into a classic rock/80's hair greatest hits station, and now we're just lucky enough to be thrown a bone with a random modern rock song. Not that I dislike classic rock, but we already have 3 of those stations that have been in existence here for over 15 years. I don't know how many times I can keep listening to the same old hits. They won't even play obscure songs, it's just the hits.

In the D.C. area we now have "The Globe," which tries to be cool and play modern rock, but I must note that

* The Clash did many songs BESIDES "Rock the Casbah", for God's sake.

* Playing "Blister in the Sun" by the Violent Femmes over and over does not qualify as cool. It just reveals you as WANTING to be cool.

Nobody's Fool is a pretty good song.

They sang another?:confused:

for real.. heartbreak station, long cold winter and night songs really are pretty worthwhile albums to check out.

then again, I cut my teeth with 80s glam metal. it's a guilty pleasure.

[youtube]YwYw3KeQ0YE[/youtube]

4 hit wonder my ass.

for real.. heartbreak station, long cold winter and night songs really are pretty worthwhile albums to check out.

4 hit wonder my ass.

Doh my wife would love you, 80's glam metal hehe.

4 hit wonder my ass.

Why feel guilty? I admit ... I was a KISS fan in the 70s and I think *I* could have written some of their music and done better!

Some of the 80s glam rock I liked, but it was either good or horrible. Any band with "white" (Great White, Whitesnake) should have been outlawed.

Then there was Winger, Glass Tiger, Survivor ....

And I know I am going to offend the "cult," but ANYTHING by Rush SUCKED. I can't change the station fast enough and it takes half a Led Zepplin or Pink Floyd CD to cleanse my brain from it.:badgrin:

Why feel guilty? I admit ... I was a KISS fan in the 70s and I think *I* could have written some of their music and done better!

Some of the 80s glam rock I liked, but it was either good or horrible. Any band with "white" (Great White, Whitesnake) should have been outlawed.

Then there was Winger, Glass Tiger, Survivor ....

And I know I am going to offend the "cult," but ANYTHING by Rush SUCKED. I can't change the station fast enough and it takes half a Led Zepplin or Pink Floyd CD to cleanse my brain from it.:badgrin:

A couple of the guys from Kiss grew up in my neighborhood, so people here were really into them. Kiss at MSG was one of my first concerts. I freely admit that I really liked them. And Beth is still one of the best power ballads ever. ;o)

I hated Rush and I think Zep is hugely overrated... although I didn't know any guy who ever played a guitar who didn't learn Stairway to Heaven.

Oh, yeah... I thought this was kinda funny the FIRST time I heard it, then, it started to piss me off. Musically, it's terrible. Problem with most modern country is, a lot of the songs sound like the music was written in five minutes and the lyrics in three.

That's a shame 'cause good country is really good. Bad country is really bad.

And can we ixnay on the country songs about someone with cancer? It's like every other song now.

When the pop fans of the 70s gravitated to country in the 90s, country took on the 70s pop sound. Quit a few artists broke into the genre with a "pure" country hit and "popped" up their crap later. Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Lonestar.

One thing I find interesting about country, is country isn't the same from the East to the West Coasts, and it's a whole 'nuther animal in Texas. We have our own genre here that's a cross between heavy metal, Southern Rock and traditional C&W.

Forum List

Back