Crap!!

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Talk about frustration! Most of you know I picked up a 17 inch laptop recently. Well for a temporary carrying solution I picked up a backpack style bag for about $30. I've discovered I really don't like the backpack style so I started searching for what I wanted in an expandable, leather shoulder carry.
Since I want a little extra room I type in 18" (18 inch/eighteen inch, etc) laptop bag (case, etc) and the results come up with all different sizes not 18" specifically. Not only not 18" specifically there are 2000 + listings to search through and most appear to be 16" or smaller! :evil:
If I add the specifics I want or search with parentheses it gets even worse, nothing is found.
Now somehow I get lucky on an E-Bay search and find the exact bag I want, 18" expandable, shoulder carry soft briefcase style constructed of distressed brown leather. Then I see the price. :eek: I am not paying $420 F#*%ing bucks for a f*#%ing laptop bag!!!!!!!!!!

$420 on Ebay? :eusa_eh: Damn. I was going to say just take your computzor to a store that sells these kinds of bags and try it out there... but I doubt they'd be cheaper than what you found on Ebay.

It's got to be the leather that's so expensive. Is that material mandatory for you? Think of the cows, ffs.

Here's what you need:

lodis-daisy-sequin-ipad-sleeve.jpg

It's for an iPad, but I bet you can get one for a laptop. It's even got pretty sequins on it.

Why buy a laptop so huge?

Because I'm spoiled by my 24" desktop monitor besides my 17.3 inch laptop is as light as my old Lenovo 15" Thinkpad. Also I really don't like having to wear reading glasses to work on my laptop or watch movies or play games.

$420 on Ebay? :eusa_eh: Damn. I was going to say just take your computzor to a store that sells these kinds of bags and try it out there... but I doubt they'd be cheaper than what you found on Ebay.

It's got to be the leather that's so expensive. Is that material mandatory for you? Think of the cows, ffs.

I do, every time I eat a hamburger or a steak........ :eusa_whistle:
Think of all that hide going to waste.........

Talk about frustration! Most of you know I picked up a 17 inch laptop recently. Well for a temporary carrying solution I picked up a backpack style bag for about $30. I've discovered I really don't like the backpack style so I started searching for what I wanted in an expandable, leather shoulder carry.
Since I want a little extra room I type in 18" (18 inch/eighteen inch, etc) laptop bag (case, etc) and the results come up with all different sizes not 18" specifically. Not only not 18" specifically there are 2000 + listings to search through and most appear to be 16" or smaller! :evil:
If I add the specifics I want or search with parentheses it gets even worse, nothing is found.
Now somehow I get lucky on an E-Bay search and find the exact bag I want, 18" expandable, shoulder carry soft briefcase style constructed of distressed brown leather. Then I see the price. :eek: I am not paying $420 F#*%ing bucks for a f*#%ing laptop bag!!!!!!!!!!

When I travel, I lug my 17" MacBook Pro around in a pillow case... You can pick one up at just about any hotel or motel pretty cheaply.

Get an IPAD instead.:eusa_angel:

Why buy a laptop so huge?

Because I'm spoiled by my 24" desktop monitor besides my 17.3 inch laptop is as light as my old Lenovo 15" Thinkpad. Also I really don't like having to wear reading glasses to work on my laptop or watch movies or play games.

Yeah think pads are ship anchors .

True but it's hit concrete floors on two occasions and keeps going like the Energizer Bunny and a Timex rolled into one.

And then he could buy the bag in my post. Problem solved!

Frankly, I'd say a couple Wal-Mart bags should do the trick.

I had a PDA once, twice really, I broke both of them. One I accidentally sat on and the other dropped from about 6 inches onto a carpeted floor and shattered the screen.
Now I just wear Post it notes everywhere I go...........
(Saves on dry cleaning.....)

True but it's hit concrete floors on two occasions and keeps going like the Energizer Bunny and a Timex rolled into one.

You should have the gravity checked in your area or at least stop checking it with electronics.

You should have the gravity checked in your area or at least stop checking it with electronics.

I didn't have an Apple ipad to confirm Newtons law of gravity so I improvised.
(Also my telekinetic powers aren't what they used to be and they used to be non-existent......)

Forum List

Back