craigslist SUCKS!

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
I'm to the point where I will no longer post a damn thing on craigslist. I've recently decided to sell the Harley, so I wrote up an ad describing the bike, posted a bunch of pictures using flikr, and I'll be damned if 15 minutes after I posted it, I got a notice that it had been flagged and removed. WHA...?! So, I posted it again. Again it was flagged and removed. Now... according to craigslists terms, there was absolutely no reason what so ever for that ad to have been pulled. What happens on craigslist is, someone trying to sell something that would be competing with something you're selling, they'll flag your ad out of pure vindictiveness, just because they don't want people to see your ad. And what does craigslist do, they take down your ad. The place sucks to high heaven.

That stinks. Can you contact the managers of Craiglist and issue a complaint? You can make your own stink about it and keep emailing/contacting them until you get a satisfactory answer. The people who receive the flag notices should be able to see a pattern unless their either too foolish or lazy to notice. Too bad a few bad apples have to spoil the fun. I see it as an abuse of a very good system.

I just sold my PS3 and my old computer on there. It sucks when people act like twats. Find the competing ad and flag it. :)

I sold my old Zenith 26" television on there. I fucking love me some Craig's list. The best part is the inadvertent humor of the personals ads.

It probably won't do any good to complain. It's easier and safer for CL to just remove the ad rather than face whatever potential liability it is flagged for. There probably isn't even a real person involved in the process.

There's another service called backpage.com that is just like CL but not as big. I think they even use the same software, or maybe they just wanted it to look similar. You might try putting your ad there if they have it for your area.

I'm to the point where I will no longer post a damn thing on craigslist. I've recently decided to sell the Harley, so I wrote up an ad describing the bike, posted a bunch of pictures using flikr, and I'll be damned if 15 minutes after I posted it, I got a notice that it had been flagged and removed. WHA...?! So, I posted it again. Again it was flagged and removed. Now... according to craigslists terms, there was absolutely no reason what so ever for that ad to have been pulled. What happens on craigslist is, someone trying to sell something that would be competing with something you're selling, they'll flag your ad out of pure vindictiveness, just because they don't want people to see your ad. And what does craigslist do, they take down your ad. The place sucks to high heaven.
Hey you are better off putting an ad in the local paper trust me. We put our 2003 SVT Cobra on that site and all we got was those scam people.

It will sell, might take a little time but the best time to sell a convertible, bike, or boat is when the weather is warmer. Good Luck

If it's a competitor that's doing it it's probably someone in your general vicinity. Try and figure out who it is, and then contact them about their item and set up a time to go look at it.

You can use your imagination on what to do after you meet face to face :lol:

If it's a competitor that's doing it it's probably someone in your general vicinity. Try and figure out who it is, and then contact them about their item and set up a time to go look at it.

You sound like my oldest brother. I don't think anyone ever did anything to him that didn't get an ass kicking for their trouble.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

You sound like my oldest brother. I don't think anyone ever did anything to him that didn't get an ass kicking for their trouble.

Ain't NOBODY above an ass whoopin.

It probably won't do any good to complain. It's easier and safer for CL to just remove the ad rather than face whatever potential liability it is flagged for. There probably isn't even a real person involved in the process.

There's another service called backpage.com that is just like CL but not as big. I think they even use the same software, or maybe they just wanted it to look similar. You might try putting your ad there if they have it for your area.

That's what I was thinking too, that there isn't even a person ivolved in the process. Because if there was they'd have seen that my ad was completely above board and within all their stinking rules. And then I thought that it might have even been the vindictive little rice burner riders that hate the Harleys flagging it. Hell it could have been anybody. Some jealous person that wants a Harley but can't afford it. Anyway... fuck craigslist.

I checked out that backpage.com Amanda, and they do have it for Madison, Wisconsin. That's about sixty miles from me, but close enough. But now after I've thought about it, I'm not sure I want to sell it. I mean I helped get this Harley off the truck, I uncrated it, I PDI'd it, I was the first person to fire it up and ride it. I've had it for over three years now, and it's like a kid. The thought of selling it was more unsettling than I thought it was going to be.

Last edited:

That's what I was thinking too, that there isn't even a person ivolved in the process. Because if there was they'd have seen that my ad was completely above board and within all their stinking rules. And then I thought that it might have even been the vindictive little rice burner riders that hate the Harleys flagging it. Hell it could have been anybody. Some jealous person that wants a Harley but can't afford it. Anyway... fuck craigslist.

I checked out that backpage.com Amanda, and they do have it for Madison, Wisconsin. That's about sixty miles from me, but close enough. But now after I've thought about it, I'm not sure I want to sell it. I mean I helped get this Harley off the truck, I uncrated it, I PDI'd it, I was the first person to fire it up and ride it. I've had it for over three years now, and it's like a kid. The thought of selling it was more unsettling than I thought it was going to be.

Aw, that's cute. :tongue:

I know... I'm funny that way. I look at all my toys like that.
j_gaba.gif

3306856121_5defe53c1b_o.jpg

Last edited:

I know... I'm funny that way. I look at all my toys like that.
j_gaba.gif

3306856121_5defe53c1b_o.jpg

nice bike, too bad it doesn't look like you have room for a rider. LOL

I was thinking about selling my wrecked car on there, I don't think I will have someone competing with me on that????? I will see how it goes!
All I want for it is 400 anyways!

Pale that reminds me of when I sold my crotch rocket a few years ago. I'm still not over her :(

Pale that reminds me of when I sold my crotch rocket a few years ago. I'm still not over her :(

I hear ya... favorite toys almost seem to take on a personality that you grow attached to.

Last edited:
GIVE CRAIGSLIST THE BOOT!

for whatever stupid reason, too many people cannot post their ads because they are flagged, refused as spam, or "ghosted", or whatever, and craigslist is unresponsive. indeed it appears they don't give a damn. many say craigslist is a bad joke compared to what it used to be.

IT IS TIME to leave craigslist. everybody, all at once, should drop them and use something else: the next most popular, being BACKPAGE.COM

AND DON'T LOOK BACK. Do Not Go Back to craigslist even if you hear the problems are resolved. why? because

1. once the users come back, craigslist will go right back to doing the same thing! why wouldn't they!?

2. it will send a message to similar websites: when they irritate too many people, they lose them, and they don't come back

3. backpage.com can't be stupid, when it's switched around so backpage.com is #1 and barely anybody remembers what craigslist was anymore, backpage.com certainly won't try do pull what craigslist did! so we users end up happy ever after with a hassle-free website to post our ads on.

backpage.com looks better anyway

everybody that reads this needs to spread the word. starting now. today, December 2010, we are doing it now! WHENEVER somebody mentions "craigslist" say this: "everybody is going to backpage.com instead"

in fact, go out of your way to bring it up. make it a topic.

copy and paste this text, spread it around, email it, post it on blogs, forums, etc

and then go right on over to backpage.com and post an ad! something! anything! you didn't get to do that on craigslist, did you? it makes you happy posting an ad! so do it! at BACKPAGE.COM

I was trying to sell a Night with Xotoxi...

That was flagged too.

That was flagged too.

Sorry. It was inappropriate and offensive.

I had to do what I had to do. You understand.

That was flagged too.

Sorry. It was inappropriate and offensive.

I had to do what I had to do. You understand.

Was it my cockpic?

Too large an image?

Forum List

Back