Craig T. Nelson Says Stop Paying Taxes

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
"Coach" is mad as hell and is not gonna take it anymore.

Nelson shows himself to be one of the more thoughtful (and thus controversial) members of Hollywood. His simple words cut to the core of the ever-growing disconnect between the American government and its citizens. He even admits to considering going to prison for his stance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUS3YDty_qQ]YouTube - Beck and Craig T. Nelson Are Attacked by THE POLTERGEIST, or something[/ame]

Last edited:
The man has a valid point. We are being asked to fund programs that contradict the very morals upon which this country was built while education and our protection forces are underfunded. Something has got to change

The man has a valid point. We are being asked to fund programs that contradict the very morals upon which this country was built while education and our protection forces are underfunded. Something has got to change

We spent more on defense than every other country combined. And it was the GOP that underfunded the troops. Revisionist history!!

What programs contradict the very morals upon which this country was built?

And look at this story. Are we really being asked?

Nov. 10 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve is refusing to identify the recipients of almost $2 trillion of emergency loans from American taxpayers or the troubled assets the central bank is accepting as collateral.

Two months later, as the Fed lends far more than that in separate rescue programs that didn't require approval by Congress, Americans have no idea where their money is going or what securities the banks are pledging in return.

GOP did not underfund the troops. We are pouring out money left and right into people who are not citizens and people who do not want to work. Mind you I said do not want to work as opposed to cant work. All you did was prove Coach's point when you said we cant keep track of our money. You are arguing with what he said because he didn't word it like you would have. Think about what you're doing with your life bobo.

The people you were sending "armor" to. Although I doubt you have the full perception of what exactly that is were not in harms way. All the troops who went into harms way had proper equipment.

GOP did not underfund the troops. We are pouring out money left and right into people who are not citizens and people who do not want to work. Mind you I said do not want to work as opposed to cant work. All you did was prove Coach's point when you said we cant keep track of our money. You are arguing with what he said because he didn't word it like you would have. Think about what you're doing with your life bobo.

McCain and the GOP blatantly voted against funding the troops and the boldly lied and said they voted for the troops. You aren't looking at the facts. You're just believing liars.

Obama voted with the troops 80%, McCain voted against funding the troops 80% of the time. FACT.

And guys like Gunny and Retardedgunnysgt argued with me when I recalled that family members of troops had to send their kids body armor because the Rumsfeld sent them to war unprepared and unprotected.

When the GOP asked for a billion dollars, 75% of it went to Blackwater and Haloburton. The troops got the scraps.

This President has had his chance; and this President has not delivered.

So, let me say here today, to every soldier and every soldier's family: This time help is on the way, and it won't be coming from George Bush.

If I am President, never again will parents or husbands or wives of soldiers have to send them body armor instead of photographs and care packages. Last month a young newlywed in Virginia who, as her husband was about to ship out to Iraq, gave him a bullet proof vest for Valentine's Day. I can tell you right now: in a Kerry Administration, no one will be getting body armor as a gift from a loved one; it will come from the Armed Forces of the United States of America. We will supply our troops with everything they need -- and we will reimburse each and every family who has had to buy body armor because this Administration made Valentine's Day part of the procurement process.

John Kerry for President - "Protecting Our Military Families in Times of

The people you were sending "armor" to. Although I doubt you have the full perception of what exactly that is were not in harms way. All the troops who went into harms way had proper equipment.

2004:

Today U.S. Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) asked Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld to ensure that the 81st Armor Brigade at Fort Lewis has the equipment they need before deployment to Iraq next month.

Murray is concerned that the 81st Brigade will not have critically-needed Interceptor body armor in Iraq along with other basic items such as insect repellant, desert camouflage and modern web gear.

“I am writing to ask for your urgent help to ensure that our soldiers being deployed to Iraq have the life-saving equipment and supplies they need to complete their missions safely and successfully,” Murray wrote in her letter to Rumsfeld.

In January, Senator Murray visited Fort Lewis and Camp Murray and met with family members of the 81st Brigade. Murray was surprised to learn that Guard and Reserve troops still had not received some of the life-saving equipment they will need during their upcoming deployment in Iraq. Next week, the 5,000 member Brigade will move to Fort Irwin, California for final training before being deployed to Iraq in March.

“Our country’s Guard and Reserve soldiers are sacrificing on the front lines, but they continue to be treated as second class-citizens. They are told to pay for equipment that is routinely provided to members of our regular armed forces,” Murray wrote. “Our Guard and Reserve troops deserve the full support of our government, including the tools necessary to accomplish their mission.”

GOP did not underfund the troops.

I distinctly remember the fundraiser in my city for the troops so we could send them armor for the war in Iraq.

Do you think all this proof will ever get Mr President to admit he was/is wrong? Doubt it.

," it was lamentable that "their families have to hold bake sales to buy discarded Kevlar vests to stuff into the floorboards of the Humvees! Bake sales for body armor." In the same vein, John Kerry assured Americans that "as president, I will see to it that we don't have to have bake sales...to supply the troops of the United States of America."

thread_hijack.jpg

Really? Every single troop in Iraq was in harms way. So exactly which troops in Iraq were not in harms way? Lunch ladies? Custodians?

All of which comes back to Nelson's point and frustration - trillions are being spent with too little oversight accountability. It was bad under Bush and has worsened under Obama.

He is expressing the shared frustration of millions in America.

And Bobo - enough of your reliving of the 2004 campaign - stick to the issue at hand on this thread.

This country was promised full disclosure by this president. That has not happened.

The debt has far surpassed the Bush era - with even more debt to come.

Nelson's own state of California is going to fire teachers and set prisoners loose for lack of funding - while still keeping ridiculous line item budget items that pander to specific special interest groups.

You and your kind are so blinded by wanting to protect Obama, and replay the misdeeds of Bush, that you fail to see the present wrongdoing being committed right in front of you.

Wow a letter written by a clueless politician about getting supplies that were already coming to them. Its not that they did not have flak vests they didn't have the new ones. Trust me bug spray is not life saving equipment although they had that before they left as well. You told me they were in Iraq without equipment find me the proof.

Wow a letter written by a clueless politician about getting supplies that were already coming to them. Its not that they did not have flak vests they didn't have the new ones. Trust me bug spray is not life saving equipment although they had that before they left as well. You told me they were in Iraq without equipment find me the proof.

Story. And flak jackets were not life-saving equipment that was needed.

Forum List

Back