..Craig: Airport bathroom trip was official business

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
By JOHN MILLER | Associated Press – Fri, Aug 3, 2012....

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Former Republican U.S. Sen. Larry Craig aims to fend off a federal election lawsuit against him by arguing his infamous July 11, 2007, Minneapolis airport bathroom visit that ended in his sex-sting arrest was part of his official Senate business.

Craig is hoping to avoid repaying $217,000 in campaign funds the Federal Election Commission claims he misused to defend himself. Craig counters that money tied to his airport bathroom trip was neither for personal use or his campaign, but falls under his official, reimbursable duties as senator because he was traveling between Idaho and the nation's capital for work.

He cites a U.S. Senate rule in which reimbursable per diem expenses include all charges for meals, lodging, hotel fans, cleaning, pressing of clothing — and bathrooms.

Craig: Airport bathroom trip was official business - Yahoo! News

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Former Republican U.S. Sen. Larry Craig aims to fend off a federal election lawsuit against him by arguing his infamous July 11, 2007, Minneapolis airport bathroom visit that ended in his sex-sting arrest was part of his official Senate business.

Craig is hoping to avoid repaying $217,000 in campaign funds the Federal Election Commission claims he misused to defend himself. Craig counters that money tied to his airport bathroom trip was neither for personal use or his campaign, but falls under his official, reimbursable duties as senator because he was traveling between Idaho and the nation's capital for work.

He cites a U.S. Senate rule in which reimbursable per diem expenses include all charges for meals, lodging, hotel fans, cleaning, pressing of clothing — and bathrooms.

Not surprising, considering the source.

Republicans in congress think soliciting gay sex in a bathroom is official congressional business?

Last edited:
Republicans in congress think soliciting gay sex in a bathroom is official congressional business?

Sad thing is that he is likely to get away with it. Heck, I doubt there are many in Congress that want to see him lose this, they all know they could be next, maybe not in a gay (or even straight) sex sting, but they know corruption sits knocking at their doors and the wolves are baying outside.

Better to let the man squeak by as long as he is no longer one of them than to find themselves in his shoes some day.

Immie

CLASSIC!!!!! :rofl:

That's right......lest you be called a fag hater......IT was homo reacharoun....er reachout......although i'd take my chances on that one.

Probably decades of precedence.

Why are you attacking him? You guys are gay bashing homophobes......again liberals only are ok with the group...as long as that group votes democrat....but if they're on a different street...watch out!!!!!!!!

That's right......lest you be called a fag hater......IT was homo reacharoun....er reachout......although i'd take my chances on that one.

Craig was probably a bigger homophobe than you. I guess it's true, the bigger the homophobe, the bigger the closet. I guess the vice squad hasn't hit your glory hole yet.

Craig was probably a bigger homophobe than you. I guess it's true, the bigger the homophobe, the bigger the closet. I guess the vice squad hasn't hit your glory hole yet.

Ok so everyone is gay or in the closet....NICE.....so again answer the question, why pick on the gay guy? Liberal hypocrisy comming once again.......just like clockwork

Oh and one thing, I dont care if I'm called gay.....hence my little fun with you on the boards....but why are you so uptight about it? Like the guy that lost his job at Chick Fil A....he was a gay right supporter, but man did he go out of his way to make sure people didnt think he was gay.....interesting.....hmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
larry+craig+toe+tappin%27+good+time+republican+political+scanda+gay+funny+motivational+posters+hot+wallpapers+free+motivationalposters+online.jpg

Ok so everyone is gay or in the closet....NICE.....so again answer the question, why pick on the gay guy? Liberal hypocrisy comming once again.......just like clockwork

Oh and one thing, I dont care if I'm called gay.....hence my little fun with you on the boards....but why are you so uptight about it? Like the guy that lost his job at Chick Fil A....he was a gay right supporter, but man did he go out of his way to make sure people didnt think he was gay.....interesting.....hmmmmmmmm

No, it's the biggest public gay bashers that are closet cases. You sound like a classic toe tapper.

So what's your position on the fact that Craig want's you to pay for his arrest?

Forum List

Back