CPT Dennis Pintor, US Army, RIP

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
Dennis was a classmate of mine at West Point. He was chosen to be our cadet company commander for the first semester of our senior year. Our company, the previous year, had been led by a couple of cadets who had seriously decreased morale in the company - it was not a fun place to be. Dennis changed that. He not only increased morale and teamwork within the company, he improved the company's performance in drill (a major West Point deal) and participation in lots of optional company events. He even came up with a motto that we recited before every parade. I can't remember all of it, but it ended with "The Corp's best cadet company... having fun!" In short, he was an inspiring leader, especially among his peers, one of the hardest groups of people to lead.

Dennis was killed October 12th, 2004, by an IED in Iraq. While I had not talked with him since graduation, it was very sad news to hear. He will be sorely missed by our class and by the soldiers he served with. The Army deserves more leaders like Dennis.

CPT Dennis L. Pintor

Well done, Dennis. Be thou at peace.

:( my prayers go to his family, friends and the soldiers he led and served with in iraq.

the war keeps getting deeply personal for myself and many others i know. i'm sorry for your loss gop_jeff.

gop_jeff said:
Dennis was a classmate of mine at West Point. He was chosen to be our cadet company commander for the first semester of our senior year. Our company, the previous year, had been led by a couple of cadets who had seriously decreased morale in the company - it was not a fun place to be. Dennis changed that. He not only increased morale and teamwork within the company, he improved the company's performance in drill (a major West Point deal) and participation in lots of optional company events. He even came up with a motto that we recited before every parade. I can't remember all of it, but it ended with "The Corp's best cadet company... having fun!" In short, he was an inspiring leader, especially among his peers, one of the hardest groups of people to lead.

Dennis was killed October 12th, 2004, by an IED in Iraq. While I had not talked with him since graduation, it was very sad news to hear. He will be sorely missed by our class and by the soldiers he served with. The Army deserves more leaders like Dennis.

CPT Dennis L. Pintor

Well done, Dennis. Be thou at peace.

My sincere condolences. It is always a tragedy when a good man falls.

Forum List

Back