CPB/NPR 604 mill. Budget request

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting the Corporation that runs National Public Radio (NPR) put in a request for 604 million of taxpayers Dollars. I think it's about time the taxpayer got off the hook for this left wing organization... It's no longer required in my opinion.

(Personally I can't download this but here is the link)

[PDF]
Corporation for Public Broadcasting Appropriation Request and ...
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) requests a $604 million advance .... the Association of Public Television Stations (APTS) and National Public Radio ...... President's Fiscal Year 2011/2013 Budget Request for CPB ...
CPB:

Corporation for Public Broadcasting Appropriation Request.. (Google this)

Last edited:
Even if they were doing silly goofy right wing propoganda as opposed to silly goofy left wing propoganda, I would still think it a) a violation of the 1st amendment with government owning media and b) a waste of money spending tons of cash on a product that very few people use.
Best years for public broadcasting in terms of content were back in the late 70's. I don't believe I have watched it at all since 1990

Naturally , the progressives love the unfair advantage at public expense.. that's a given..

Think of all those little minds they can pollute with their agenda..

Last edited:
Given all the variety of media from cable to the internets to the networks to radio to print...the original justification (tenuous even at the time) for public support of CPB/NPR has long ceased to exist.

If you haven't heard NPR or watched public television, how are your opinions being formed fairly?

Does anyone really believe the quality of programming on cable outlets such as Discovery or The History Channel is superior to public television? Is Stern or Limbaugh better quality than This American Life or What do ya Know?

The Corporation for Public Broadcasting the Corporation that runs National Public Radio (NPR) put in a request for 604 million of taxpayers Dollars. I think it's about time the taxpayer got off the hook for this left wing organization... It's no longer required in my opinion.

Was it EVER required???

IF it's required NOW,

let the folks that require it

PAY FOR IT! ;)

So of the best TV shows in history were PBS shows...

Time passes .. "Lean Forward" Buddy..:lol:

Most of them are still on the air...

I don't know about you, but I can't imagine growing up without Sesame Street or Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. What about Carl Sagan's COSMOS? Or NOVA?

You guys are so blinded by the desire to find a "bias" that you discount all of the great, education programming that wouldn't be available without federal funding.

So of the best TV shows in history were PBS shows...

I don't know about you, but I can't imagine growing up without Sesame Street or Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. What about Carl Sagan's COSMOS? Or NOVA?

You guys are so blinded by the desire to find a "bias" that you discount all of the great, education programming that wouldn't be available without federal funding.

So.. you deny the "Bias"...?

So.. you deny the "Bias"...?

Yes.

Not only can I imagine it ~

I DID IT! :lol:

The shows you mention could have been picked up by the networks, and might have actually had some validity for their specific geographical locations, if they had been franchised like Romper Room,

but who wants to learn ANY foreign language, other than Spanish, regardless of the local ethnicity, right?

Cripes.

p.s. Your bias is showing...

Not only can I imagine it ~

I DID IT! :lol:

The shows you mention could have been picked up by the networks, and might have actually had some validity for their specific geographical locations, if they had been franchised like Romper Room,

but who wants to learn ANY foreign language, other than Spanish, regardless of the local ethnicity, right?

Cripes.

p.s. Your bias is showing...

Huh?

Forum List

Back