CPACs swoon over Santorum

I am more comfortable with Santorum than Either Romney or Gringrich.

I seriosly believe that Romney is getting crossover votes to set up an easier election for Obama. He is dull, he has several albatrosses around his neck from his financial dealings and with Romneycare and he has a really bad case of hoof in mouth disease.

Of course, it might just be desperation on our part. He is last non Romney standing

I seriosly believe that Romney is getting crossover votes to set up an easier election for Obama. He is dull, he has several albatrosses around his neck from his financial dealings and with Romneycare and he has a really bad case of hoof in mouth disease.

Of course, it might just be desperation on our part. He is last non Romney standing

But honestly. don't you think that Romney has a better chance of deliverying the Indepedent Voters in the General than Santorum? Extremes may land a party nomination, but they will lose in the General.

I never buy into the idea that 'extremes' as defined by the media are unelectable.

I believe folks vote for conviction, for ideas, for enthusiasm. People called Reagan extreme. He won landslides. People called Thatcher extreme when they were being nice about her. (She was usually given names like Attila the Hen) She curb stomped the opposition three times in a row.

I think the fact that Gringrich spouts ideas like an emery wheel does sparks is the main reason he has done so well, despite all his baggage.

Ideas and passion are what count. And if you disagree with a set of ideas, they are always extreme and weird to you

Santorum has more or less stayed on message across the spectrum of social, economic, and foreign policy.

The GOP has more of a challnge now than during the Reagan years. The Demographics have changed and are continuing to change. The "Moral Majority" of yesterday is gone.

While Mitt might be more moderate than many on the Far Right would like to see, he will deliver many in the middle for the GOP. No, he isn't exciting nor is he the great speaker, but he has the best chance of beating Obama in November. If you are not admitting that now, you are not being honest to yourself.

Ideologies and Morals Convictions no longer win General Elections. That is true, whether we like it or not.

I don't believe in "Deliver the middle" either.

Folks really dislike mealy mouth can't make a decision on anything politicians. To quote the last Thatcher Biopic, "Either we stand on principle or we don't stand at all." I really don't know where Romney stands. Except that he wants the job and is willing to say whatever to get it. That won't deliver the middle. It will, on the contrary, piss them off. Folks go for articulate well thought ideas.

This is the same mistake made with Dole and McCain.

People want to know Who are you and what do you want to do. the answers "I'm a job holder and I'm just going to wing it according to the opinion polls" are not the answers anyone wants to hear.

Forum List

Back