Cpac

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
'My fellow Americans we need to get back to the principles of our founders, we need to cut spending, reduce taxes, get government out of our lives, bring back liberty, and tell our people the truth. Government is the problem as Ronald Reagan said so eloquently. Since media will not get our story out, we must, we must stop the entitlement mentality that makes people dependent on government. The fourteen trillion dollar deficit is the problem we need to address immediately, we need to reduce our budget, return our land to the people, and return to the principles of our founders.' Senator/Representative Whatshisname

Hypothetical question from the audience:

But you work for government, and the majority of America's debt was caused by conservative republican policy, and Reagan raised taxes numerous times as he grew government, and the last conservative republican created an enormous entitlement program and the great depression and great recession both followed conservative republican rule?

Footnote: Watching this is like watching groupthink in action, the same empty talk follows the same empty talk. You wait for the puppet master to appear and take a bow. Words come to stand for the reality that was and is the reality they helped create. If I didn't see it with my own eyes and hear it with my own ears, I'd think it satire done by a modern puppet master who understands deeply the pure comedy of the words when juxtaposed with their actions and accomplishments.

Footnote two: In case you miss any of it on cspan, use the above outline to catch up on their latest ideas.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/186726-republican-ideology-through-history-7.html#post4251322
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...es-of-midcans-insights-into-contemporary.html

Last edited:
The debt was caused by both Republicans and Democrats over many decades.

Obama and the current regime of Dems have shown no intention or will to undo it.

Yet, you're going to sit here and criticize the opposition that intends to at least try to fix things.

You're solution? Of course - vote for the same failed President and same failed progressive policies!

Last edited:
I always thought this summed up the right wing agenda pretty good.

"Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king."

"Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king."

There is a strong sense of hierarchy in conservatism, it is part of their basic tenets, check Russell Kirk out.

I was trying to find minority faces in the crowd and couldn't find any. The whole thing is a weird sort of tribalism in which the natives, in this case conservative republicans, chant and hoot and holler at the same tired cliches. Really weird, if anyone can provide something substantive that is not noted in my OP, please enlighten us. It may be that I actually agree with Oddball, talk about odd - just an opportunity to party? Social gathering of fellow wingnuts high on cliches.

"The main hypothesis concerning group-think is this: the more amiability and espirt de corps among the members of an in-group of policymakers the greater the danger that independent critical thinking will be replaced by groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and the dehumanizing actions directed at out-groups." Irving L. Janis

If any candidate would promise to cut back the spending and staffing of all department of government to the levels of 2007 and cut back the military to the levels of 2001, he'd have my vote. If anyone hasn't noticed by now, we have a little problem with debt in this country.

I don't really care who is allowed to marry whom or what anybody does to another consenting adult or what form of birth control is purchased with the private funds of any individual earned by his own work or received from any private charity given solely on the will of that charity.

I do object to the indolent college graduate crying that nobody will hire him to conduct study on the ancient mating habits of the extinct insects of Antarctica. I do object to an idiot running up thousands of dollars of student loans and then not paying them back.

I do object to anyone trying to scam the system with a loan for a house they can't afford and blaming someone for making him do so.

It's time to man up, people. If you need to flip burgers to live until that dream job opens up, then do so. Put on your grown up pants and get moving.

The newt is a "changed" man remember? The frightening part is what he may have changed into.

There is a strong sense of hierarchy in conservatism, it is part of their basic tenets, check Russell Kirk out.

I was trying to find minority faces in the crowd and couldn't find any. The whole thing is a weird sort of tribalism in which the natives, in this case conservative republicans, chant and hoot and holler at the same tired cliches. Really weird, if anyone can provide something substantive that is not noted in my OP, please enlighten us. It may be that I actually agree with Oddball, talk about odd - just an opportunity to party? Social gathering of fellow wingnuts high on cliches.

"The main hypothesis concerning group-think is this: the more amiability and espirt de corps among the members of an in-group of policymakers the greater the danger that independent critical thinking will be replaced by groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and the dehumanizing actions directed at out-groups." Irving L. Janis

The nature of Conservatism is pretty much expressed by the Constitution. Devolve all power to the lowest levels that can still do the job. This is hierarchy. Liberalism wants to centralize all power to the highest level eliminating the need for the lower levels of government.

This is Oligarchy and this is what the Democrat party and Liberalism recommends.

The term "Power to the People" is the definition of Conservatism.

In the hands of the current administration, the President has openly said that if the Congress will not act, he will. He does so in violation of the Constitution. He does so by further centralizing power and further subjugating the populace.

To help effect this change in the center of power from the people to the highest levels, the democrat party drones chant slogans, disrupt the activity of their elected representatives, level threats against individuals, harass their families and invade their private property acting as mobs and in the literal sense gripped by "groupthink".

I find it amazing that when we see shameful behavior in our country displayed by the political left and their mindlessly programmed dupes, we almost immediately see the behaviors of these dupes ascribed to the political right.

If you need to find the shame of the Left, just listen to what they are charging the Right with having executed. You will almost always be able to track back to the activities of the Leftist Drones of our culture.

LOL. We saw the true nature of 'Conservatism' from 2001 to 2009. Cost us over 5000 of our sons and daughters lives, and many trillions of dollars. We saw a war started on the basis of lies. We saw an economic debacle created for the benefit of the very wealthy. We saw the denigration of science and scientists.

No, we do not need a bunch more of these lying 'Conservatives' in power. We need to move our nation into the 21st century. We need a real Health Care System that serves every citizen. We need an educational system that will create the opportunity for any citizen to achieve to his or her capabilites, no matter what social stratum they started out in. We need to repair and improve on our infrastructure, we cannot afford to waste energy, water, or time. And we need this country to lead in Research and Development in the new technologies.

All of these are opposed by Conservatives. The majority of Americans really don't want to go back to 1910.

The debt was caused by both Republicans and Democrats over many decades.

Obama and the current regime of Dems have shown no intention or will to undo it.

Yet, you're going to sit here and criticize the opposition that intends to at least try to fix things.

You're solution? Of course - vote for the same failed President and same failed progressive policies!
You can't spell CONservative without CON either.

I'M a MODERATE, Coulter be damned.

LOL. We saw the true nature of 'Conservatism' from 2001 to 2009. Cost us over 5000 of our sons and daughters lives, and many trillions of dollars. We saw a war started on the basis of lies. We saw an economic debacle created for the benefit of the very wealthy.
What was the breakout total of the 2002 Senate vote on going to war with Iraq, numbnutz?

Forum List

Back