CPAC: Highs and Lows

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    A very good opportunity for conservatives to speak and hear what others think. I didn't catch as much as I'd hoped. While Glenn Beck is not my favorite, I caught most of his address and he hammered home the points that people are concerned about. I liked that he talked about 'the opportunity to fail,' something missing from our lexicon for too long. It's out of many failures that success often is born. With risks, comes the possibility of either failure or success.

Equating the US spending under Bush and moreso under Obama with a drunk is probably the best analogy that I've heard. Will America reach bottom? Have we already? November will give a good indication.

Now the low point, picked up by reading. It is one thing to say that within any party extremists will be present, that in fact is a truism. What isn't is allowing them a place of prominence, taking their money and in return allowing them to 'sponsor.'

I couldn't back Ron Paul because of such back when, I can't see myself aligned with those that do.

This is serious if Conservatives really do care about the Constitution and wanting a better country:

Power Line - Return of the John Birch Society?

Power Line - Return of the John Birch Society?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,245
    Annie........the reason I couldnt support Paul is his stick your head in the sand foreign policy, which I think is simply unrealistic. But damn...........who couldnt support much of what he proposes for domestic policy. In that regard, he mirrors much of the Tea Party people.

And yup...........regarding Obama being drunk on spending. All people have to do is apply his math to their own personal finances. Imagine Obama in charge of the checkbook in your home? He's be just fine with running up your credit cards to 20K.............30K. The irony is..........the 21%ers ( many of the k00ks on this board) are always talking about "selfish corporate greed", but think nothing of sticking our children with enormous debt!!! Its fcukking laughable!!!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    When I first heard of Ron Paul, I was excited about his domestic ideas. I agree with you that his foreign policy is not realistic, even in the 19th C. My problem came as I read blogs supporting him. From there found Stormfront and Birchers were really backing him, with money. More than that, those were his audience with his long running, for pay, newsletter. Eventually he had those removed from online access.

Whether or not he's a racist, against Catholics, Jews, etc., many that back him are. It became a case of 'show me who your friends are...' That he scored so high in the CPAC poll and the JBS is a sponsor, gives me serious pause.

4. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
  5. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    What is wrong with the JBS?

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm not into racists, separatism, WASP only ideas. I'm conservative, but not of that persuasion.

7. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
  8. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Ah. did know that was there deal. thanks

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Take a look at how JBS portrayed Buckley. It is the likes of JBS and others of that ilk, that 'liberals' try to paint all conservatives. Most are not like this, but to think they don't want control? That would be delusional. I fear that part of the 'far right' as Germans should have feared the Nazis:

- William F. Buckley Jr.: the Establishment?s ?House Conservative?