Coyotes versus Human Traffickers

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
The recent Rolling Stone rape that never was case got me thinking. What kind of idiot woman is going to admit that she entered a country illegally and get a criminal record rather than claim to have been trafficked and look like a victim?

Then there is the demand side of the equation. What cop wants to look like a jerk by booking a woman who simply wants to feed her family back in BFE? The paperwork would appear to be less if the woman is a victim rather than a criminal, the cop looks like a hero rescuing the woman from persons unknown and the case is closed quick.

That leads to two questions:

How badly does this much noise cover up actual signal of human trafficking of adult women?

Since there are huge non-cash incentives to create bogus cases where investigations are a waste of time how does this impede investigations of real cases?

I am not familiar with the rolling stone case, was it about human trafficking?
No, I was using it as an example of biased reporting. The reporting was so bad that the accused fraternity is suing.

Australian sex workers are making the same accusations about proposed human trafficking laws. Then yesterday I saw a post on another message board that included a price list that involved Hellholes such as N. Korea and not with the lowest prices. It was a thread dealing with human trafficking and I started wondering how much of the trafficking was actually just transportation or a way to pick up extra money on a deal a woman was a willing partner to.

No, I was using it as an example of biased reporting. The reporting was so bad that the accused fraternity is suing.

Australian sex workers are making the same accusations about proposed human trafficking laws. Then yesterday I saw a post on another message board that included a price list that involved Hellholes such as N. Korea and not with the lowest prices. It was a thread dealing with human trafficking and I started wondering how much of the trafficking was actually just transportation or a way to pick up extra money on a deal a woman was a willing partner to.

I doubt most women would want to be in a position like that to make money.

True. The highest estimate I have seen is a maximum of 1/3 of women would willingly engage in prostitution for strictly mercenary purposes as an ongoing activity and the vast majority of them do not because the risk/reward ratio. But when either the risk goes down or as in more usual the reward goes up the percentage of women engaged in prostitution goes up. Also the type of sexwork makes a big difference. Mistresses tend to make much less money than women who take on all comers.

When the difference in revenues is high enough such as women from southeast Asia making a good yearly income for their homeland in a week in Australian mining towns as was true as recently as June of last year a lot of women will take a shot at it.

True. The highest estimate I have seen is a maximum of 1/3 of women would willingly engage in prostitution for strictly mercenary purposes as an ongoing activity and the vast majority of them do not because the risk/reward ratio. But when either the risk goes down or as in more usual the reward goes up the percentage of women engaged in prostitution goes up. Also the type of sexwork makes a big difference. Mistresses tend to make much less money than women who take on all comers.

It really depends on what countries you are profiling and what the culture is like for women in those particular countries. Form there you would see where they are being trafficked who holds the power what kind of fear or intimidation is used.

Women who use sex as a weapon professionally typically are coming from no options or at least that's what they experienced and thats what they grow to know.

The idea that a female would need to use sex as a reason to get out of trouble for getting transported to another location is a clue that wherever she is coming from was dangerous enough for her to want to leave.

The idea that she would risk it is telling.

It really depends on what countries you are profiling and what the culture is like for women in those particular countries. Form there you would see where they are being trafficked who holds the power what kind of fear or intimidation is used.

Women who use sex as a weapon professionally typically are coming from no options or at least that's what they experienced and thats what they grow to know.

The idea that a female would need to use sex as a reason to get out of trouble for getting transported to another location is a clue that wherever she is coming from was dangerous enough for her to want to leave.

When you're right, you're right. Women are also more relationship oriented as in the idea of "Talking" to machines is probably why two of the three giants of programming the 19th century Linda Lovelace and 20th century Hopper were women. But risk/reward and the, at least implicit, use of sex as a weapon/reinforcement tool in bonding is pretty standard. So, I think it is more of a spectrum than you seem to but we are in the same ballpark.

When you're right, you're right. Women are also more relationship oriented as in the idea of "Talking" to machines is probably why two of the three giants of programming the 19th century Linda Lovelace and 20th century Hopper were women. But risk/reward and the, at least implicit, use of sex as a weapon/reinforcement tool in bonding is pretty standard. So, I think it is more of a spectrum than you seem to but we are in the same ballpark.

Again, lovelace circumstances might have made her feel out of options.

She wanted to go to computer school when she was a young woman.

1st tragedy having a pregnancy, her mother who had ruled with an iron fist took the baby away and put it up for adoption.

When she moved to New York to attend computer school she was in a horrible car accident that caused her to need a blood transfusion which didn't go right, the contamination caused her to need a liver transplant.

Her first husband was violent and pimped her out for money when she was real young, according to her.

"When in response to his suggestions I let him know I would not become involved in prostitution in any way and told him I intended to leave, [Traynor] beat me up physically and the constant mental abuse began. I literally became a prisoner, I was not allowed out of his sight, not even to use the bathroom, where he watched me through a hole in the door. He slept on top of me at night, he listened to my telephone calls with a .45 automatic eight shot pointed at me. I was beaten physically and suffered mental abuse each and every day thereafter. He undermined my ties with other people and forced me to marry him on advice from his lawyer"

At any rate, I don't think most women choose to use sex as a weapon, I think they earn it can be. In instances where some women do choose to use it, I think understanding the context of why is just as important.

Linda Lovelace - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

That's a different Lovelace than the one I was referring to. Babbage hired the original Linda Lovelace in the mid-1800s to help program his computing machine but I always wondered why your Lovelace picked that stage name. The actual family is most noted for its large number of poets.

Believe it or don't the biggest influence on sexual behavior is change in price level. Followed by income distribution and real income increases. Apparently the same circuit discounts both kinship and money. That also has a huge effect on behavior between the sexes.

Forum List

Back