coyotes..any advice on living with them?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
we have coyotes here in the nc mountains..they were introduced. great move. now they are killing pets. any advice on how to live with coyotes and keep your small pets...i have cats.. i normally will not allow the cats out without the dogs...i dont leave dog food or cat food out but i do have bird feeders.

any advice is much appreicated...by clark and roland who are not coyote bait.

We've had that problem with chickens and small animals such as calves over the years, gotta have high enough fence to keep the coyotes off but a cat will climb over, perhaps a "hot" fence around your property.

we have coyotes here in the nc mountains..they were introduced. great move. now they are killing pets. any advice on how to live with coyotes and keep your small pets...i have cats.. i normally will not allow the cats out without the dogs...i dont leave dog food or cat food out but i do have bird feeders.

coyotes are mostly nocturnal hunters, from what I know and have seen. Unless you plan on leaving your cats out all night, it shouldn't be a major problem.

coyotes are mostly nocturnal hunters, from what I know and have seen. Unless you plan on leaving your cats out all night, it shouldn't be a major problem.

You obviously missed the part about pets being killed in her area. Coyotes are pests. Perfectly fine in small numbers, but dangerous in large numbers. Another example of the retards that run this State. Democrats I might add.

hmm rsg....when coyotes are hunted they go into season more and have larger litters...hunting does not really impact their population...remember the attempts at eradication out west..never successful..

i do not allow the cats out at night or without the large dogs being out....plus i have outbuilding they can hide in...i have noticed that the rabbits and ground hogs have all but disappeared...as soon as they make an impact on the wild turkeys hunters will take over...they have worked too hard to establish the wild turkeys

M1Rifle.jpg

You obviously missed the part about pets being killed in her area. Coyotes are pests. Perfectly fine in small numbers, but dangerous in large numbers. Another example of the retards that run this State. Democrats I might add.

:lol:

What the fuck are you so angry about you fucking sissy girl? Democrats caused stollbones problem? :lol: You are the worst kind of sissy girl partisan hack.

she asked for fucking opinion. Around here, the only pets that get eaten are those left out at night. And half the time, I think people just blame coyotes, when in fact probably something else happened to the pet. I've never seen or heard of coyotes hunting pets in broad daylight around here. But, thats just my expierence, sissy girl.

hmm rsg....when coyotes are hunted they go into season more and have larger litters...hunting does not really impact their population...remember the attempts at eradication out west..never successful..

i do not allow the cats out at night or without the large dogs being out....plus i have outbuilding they can hide in...i have noticed that the rabbits and ground hogs have all but disappeared...as soon as they make an impact on the wild turkeys hunters will take over...they have worked too hard to establish the wild turkeys

shoot em---and keep shooting them. They aint stupid--they will move out of your neck of the woods.

Keep your cats inside. I lost two in Arizona to coyotes. There is no other way to keep them safe. Cats are no match for a coyote. You can let your dogs out, but don't let one out by himself; let them all out at once. If you've got little sissy dogs, get a big dog or two.

:lol:

What the fuck are you so angry about you fucking sissy girl? Democrats caused stollbones problem? :lol: You are the worst kind of sissy girl partisan hack.

she asked for fucking opinion. Around here, the only pets that get eaten are those left out at night. And half the time, I think people just blame coyotes, when in fact probably something else happened to the pet. I've never seen or heard of coyotes hunting pets in broad daylight around here. But, thats just my expierence, sissy girl.

I suggest you LEARN to read and comprehend. Go back and REREAD her post, the STATE Government brought the coyotes in, they were not there before. IDIOT.

Here let me help you find the part YOU MISSED.

Last edited:

survival fittest or keep your cats indoors ..some cats are smart enough to avoid it ..others disappear real fast...

thanks...i will keep my cats up as much as possible..they like to go outside...

beaver...the dogs are 100 lbs and 75 lbs (jake is on a diet)

I don't think the state introduced coyotes in NC...I heard it was fox hunters that wanted to use them for target practice. Maybe you should shoot fox hunters.:razz:

The larger the pack of coyotes the more aggresive they will become, my neighbor was surrounded by them and they were circling him on his driveway. If not for his dogs they would have attaced him. He now always carries a gun at night when outside.

I say shoot them on sight!!!!!!!!! They are nothing more than a nuisance....... and dangerous

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Coyotes are small and easily frightened off.

COY-DOGS are neither small nor easily fightened.

Forum List

Back