Cowboys vs. Colts: Post Mortem

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
To all the folx who are saying that the 'boys are back, with the elevation of Jason Garrett to the head coach job: You're kidding yourselves.

I don't think I've seen a more pathetic 15:00 of football all season, than the turd the Cowboys laid this afternoon.

OK....We gottem down 27-14....Peyton Manning doesn't know whether he's on foot or horseback....They can't run the ball...They can't pass the ball to anybody but our defensive backs...Let's just pull up the sofa, kick up out feet and watch the Manning & Wayne Show!

The 'boys did not win this game...Peyton Manning clean threw it away.

For those of you who despise the Dallas Cowboys nearly as much as the New York Yankees (like I do), take heart....They still suck on toast.

Last edited:
To all the folx who are saying that the 'boys are back, with the elevation of Jason Garrett to the head coach job: You're kidding yourselves.

I don't think I've seen a more pathetic 15:00 of football all season, than the turd the Cowboys laid this afternoon.

OK....We gottem down 27-14....Peyton Manning doesn't know whether he's on foot or horseback....They can't run the ball...They can't pass the ball to anybody but our defensive backs...Let's just pull up the sofa, kick up out feet and watch the Manning & Wayne Show!

For those of you who despise the Dallas Cowboys nearly as much as the New York Yankees (like I do), take heart....They still suck on toast.

That they do.

I hadn't actually sat down and watched a Cowboy game since Garret got the job he was hired for in 08 and I now know that he will continue the new tradition of never winning a Super Bowl that Jerry treasures so much. This game was one of the most pathetic games I have ever seen from either team. The fact that Dallas barely managed to win after 4 interceptions and the Colts ony rushing for 40 yards shows just how far the Cowboys are from playing football.

Couple points:

First of all, the Cowboys are much improved under Garrett than they were under Phillips. That being said, they still have a lot of work to do. Their defense collapsed in the second half and blew a huge lead. It's not that they allowed the Colts to catch up and take the lead that defines the Garrett-led Cowboys, it's the fact that they hung in there and managed to still win. Yes, it was an ugly win but a win just the same.

Second of all, Manning proved that he still has that magic. Any other quarterback probably couldn't stage that type of comeback. Peyton Manning has proven to always be dangerous no matter what was on the scoreboard. Reminds me of another Colt quarterback: Johnny Unitas.

Third of all, Jason Garrett has always shown the potential of being a great head coach. I am surprised he didn't leave Dallas at least two seasons ago because there are a number of teams who would have hired him immediately. What he's done with the Cowboys in the short time since Phillips was fired shows that he has an extraordinary leadership style. Again, he still has a lot of work to do gluing all the pieces together, but the fact that the Cowboys can compete with the Giants, Saints and Colts after having such a poor first half of the season is enough to win a lot of attractive offers from other clubs for the head coach position. Jerry Jones is going to have a tough time hanging on to Jason Garrett.

Well said Toome. I think Jones is an idiot--well okay I've often thought Jones was an idiot--but I will REALLY think he is an idiot if he doesn't offer Garrett the head coach job.

Who cares? they beat the c-words.

Well said Toome. I think Jones is an idiot--well okay I've often thought Jones was an idiot--but I will REALLY think he is an idiot if he doesn't offer Garrett the head coach job.

He'll probably hire Childress.

Couple points:

First of all, the Cowboys are much improved under Garrett than they were under Phillips. That being said, they still have a lot of work to do. Their defense collapsed in the second half and blew a huge lead. It's not that they allowed the Colts to catch up and take the lead that defines the Garrett-led Cowboys, it's the fact that they hung in there and managed to still win. Yes, it was an ugly win but a win just the same.

Second of all, Manning proved that he still has that magic. Any other quarterback probably couldn't stage that type of comeback. Peyton Manning has proven to always be dangerous no matter what was on the scoreboard. Reminds me of another Colt quarterback: Johnny Unitas.

Third of all, Jason Garrett has always shown the potential of being a great head coach. I am surprised he didn't leave Dallas at least two seasons ago because there are a number of teams who would have hired him immediately. What he's done with the Cowboys in the short time since Phillips was fired shows that he has an extraordinary leadership style. Again, he still has a lot of work to do gluing all the pieces together, but the fact that the Cowboys can compete with the Giants, Saints and Colts after having such a poor first half of the season is enough to win a lot of attractive offers from other clubs for the head coach position. Jerry Jones is going to have a tough time hanging on to Jason Garrett.

While they are improved since Phillips was sent packing it is way to early to attribute that to Garrett. I think a lot of that improvement comes from Kittner getting his legs after getting thrust into the starting role when Romo broke his collar bone. I was really impressed by what I saw during the game, and think he has the potential to become a great quarterback. He has something Romo, despite all the hype, lacks, the ability to hang in when the going gets tough and make plays.

Garrett and Kittner could potentially take the Cowboys back to the Superbowl, it they find a way to get a defense. Phillips was supposed to put the defense back in Dallas, and he failed. I don't think Garrett is going to be the answer for the defense, and I hope he is smart enough to know that. Unfortunately, I know Jerry isn't, and I think he will do more to hurt Dallas than any coach can possibly do for them.

I really think Jason Garrett will get the job done. I don't think anyone thought he would be able to do what he's done. If Jones doesn't make him head coach it will be a big mistake and some other team is gonna go after him.

Couple points:

George Blanda could've completed passes to receivers that had no DB's within ten yards of them and he's friggin' dead.

The pathetic performance by the Cowpies was easily the biggest 4th quarter collapse of the year, if not the last several.

Well, we've always said that Jerry Jones is the Anti-Christ ever since he did what he did to Tom Landry.

Well, we've always said that Jerry Jones is the Anti-Christ ever since he did what he did to Tom Landry.

:) I've never forgiven him for that either. :)

Forum List

Back