Cowards

San Diego, CA – Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-CA) today recommended to President Bush a proposal to replace State Department personnel who refuse to be deployed to Baghdad with wounded veterans from military hospitals at Walter Reed and Bethesda . Hunter, who is currently running for President, went to the White House earlier today and met with President Bush to outline and detail his "Wounded Warrior" project.

"My recommendation to the President was simply that we need people in these positions whose top priorities will be to get the job done regardless of the circumstances and I know which individuals meet those qualifications. Our wounded warriors have already exhibited courage, professionalism and work ethic on the field of battle. They have already answered the call to serve in difficult circumstances and they know firsthand the meaning of sacrifice. If the State Department is having trouble with reluctant personnel, I can think of nobody more qualified than these brave patriots to rise to the challenge.

"State Department recruiters should immediately be sent to Walter Reed and Bethesda hospitals and application forms should be provided and posted on relevant employment websites. As I indicated to the President, I have no doubt our men and women in uniform will once again answer the call of their nation." ~Congressman Duncan Hunter~

I think he is onto something here................

I think YOU are on something. You're pushing THIS guy as a Presidential candidate?

Sure, let's roll those vets who have already served out of their beds, give 'em a fresh bandage, and stick their asses back out in harm's way cuz they haven't freakin' bled enough for you.

I say we take every single warmongering armchair quarterback who's run his mouth all gungo ho and shit and stick THEIR asses out there and let THEM serve.

I didn't disagree in regards to do the job or quit. I merely pointed out I sure as Hell wouldn't want to go over there as a diplomat, and it has nothing to do with being a coward on my part.

Being an unarmed target in a shooting gallery is not exactly any MOS I ever tried to get, regardless the bonus.;)

There's also the fact that embassies in war zones get closed... not opened, particularly just so the admin can put on a show about pretending how well things are going.

What was it, 300 embassy personnel who got killed in Vietnam under the same circumstances?

Personally, I think if they're going to send embassy personnel, they should be taken from among chickenhawk congressmen.

I'd just like to point out that I'm not going to comment in this thread because, well, I don't want to.

As you were.
Careful there, you are pulling a sort of a "Doniston" now. --and you are likely to get the Military contimgent herein somewhat peaved.

HEH HEH

biggest cowards: Bush and Cheney.

Bush flew single engine out of date interceptors that routinely killed their pilots. He volunteered to do it and he flew more hours and more missions then required while in flight status. Cheney I do not know about.

But hey as long as your gonna call President Bush a coward. lets hear of your service and what qualifies you to piss on a fighter pilots shoes and tell him it is raining.

Careful there, you are pulling a sort of a "Doniston" now. --and you are likely to get the Military contimgent herein somewhat peaved.

HEH HEH

:rofl:

It's okay Don - I was smarting from a minor bollocking about not being a Mercan and therefore I should shut my trap on the forums. I was in a needling mood and just wanted to make the point that I'll post where I choose on what I choose and I usually choose not to post on purely domestic US issues (I don't think you'll find my tracks in an immigration thread, for example), but I choose not to post in certain threads out of courtesy, not fear.

Bush flew single engine out of date interceptors that routinely killed their pilots. He volunteered to do it and he flew more hours and more missions then required while in flight status. Cheney I do not know about.

But hey as long as your gonna call President Bush a coward. lets hear of your service and what qualifies you to piss on a fighter pilots shoes and tell him it is raining.
since when does one have to be a vet to comment on the current corrupt administration? go pound sand, GI Jackoff

:rofl:

It's okay Don - I was smarting from a minor bollocking about not being a Mercan and therefore I should shut my trap on the forums. I was in a needling mood and just wanted to make the point that I'll post where I choose on what I choose and I usually choose not to post on purely domestic US issues (I don't think you'll find my tracks in an immigration thread, for example), but I choose not to post in certain threads out of courtesy, not fear.

Except your lying or being stupid. YOU made the comment that meddling in other countries affairs was not America's business. Yet you do not mind doing it TO America all the time. I.E. your cotinued mangling of what our Constitution says and means, what powers it grants and does not grant. Why we should pay to subsidize universal health care IN America for Americans.

And my response was, rightly, do not tell us to butt out, if you can't follow your own advice. To which you went off a deep end, of course you did, cause your one of those people that tell others what to do and can not stand it when it is done to you. You would make a great parent, " do as I say, not as I do" Your free to post anything you want. BUT when you tell US to stay out of others affairs, do not be surprised when I tell you to FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE.

Which planes were those? Thunderchiefs?

Which planes were those? Thunderchiefs?

If your to stupid to know Bush flew an Interceptor in the Air National Guard and Air Force then why should I help you learn to use Google? It has been posted repeatedly on this board in quite a few threads.

Now if your willing to admit your just to damn stupid to google up the information I will be glad to make another post where I provide a link and the information for you.

Bush did not fight in ANY war, you worthless piece of flesh.

So now your calling all military personnel that did not fight in a war cowards as well? Bush flew a dangerous aircraft voluntarily. More often then required and in defense of this country.

I notice you have not told us about your service. You want to call him a coward, provide us with some background on what qualifies you to make such an ignorant statement.

So now your calling all military personnel that did not fight in a war cowards as well? Bush flew a dangerous aircraft voluntarily. More often then required and in defense of this country.

I notice you have not told us about your service. You want to call him a coward, provide us with some background on what qualifies you to make such an ignorant statement.
I served in Desert Storm. My experiences are not relevant because we are talking about Bush.
Stay on topic, or I'll put your sorry dishonorable discharged ass on ignore.

I served in Desert Storm. My experiences are not relevant because we are talking about Bush.
Stay on topic, or I'll put your sorry dishonorable discharged ass on ignore.

Ignore me all you want, moron. Your so full of shit it stinks even through the computer screen.

Lets recap... You have called fighter pilots cowards and you have said anyone that did not serve in combat is a coward. But we are to take your ignorant ass seriously?

Ignore me all you want, moron. Your so full of shit it stinks even through the computer screen.

Lets recap... You have called fighter pilots cowards and you have said anyone that did not serve in combat is a coward. But we are to take your ignorant ass seriously?

I didn't call fighter pilots cowards, I CALLED BUSH A COWARD AND SO ARE YOU. Welcome to ignore. I dont have the patience for idiots like you.

oh, and stop sending me pm's and making comments about me, you pathetic old man.

I believe the main reason for the diplomat's objection to serving in Iraq (at this point in time) was that it's tantamount to a death sentence.

If memory serves, not long after the insurgency surfaced UN diplomats were killed and so were red cross workers. The UN pulled it's mission out and as far as I know has not reinstated it. Journalists were also kidnapped and killed.

So, the concern of the diplomats is valid. They would be prime targets for bombing, kidnapping, beheading, et al just because of their propaganda value to the muslim world and to show the US can't protect anything from their onslaught.

If a group of these diplomats were massacred would the US replace them with more fodder or tough it out?

I, for one wouldn't volunteer, but if called would serve or resign.

However, at this juncture I think it foolhardy for the US Department of State to put these people in harms way when there is not any real need for them, yet.

If your to stupid to know Bush flew an Interceptor in the Air National Guard and Air Force then why should I help you learn to use Google? It has been posted repeatedly on this board in quite a few threads.

Now if your willing to admit your just to damn stupid to google up the information I will be glad to make another post where I provide a link and the information for you.

No need. Thanks for the arrogant response to a simple and polite question.

Forum List

Back