Cover songs that in your opinion are better than the original

The Original and the band that made the song its own

and the band that made that song their own

Actually the first person to put this Joe South written song out there is my newest favorite singer, the late and beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal. :) :) :)

Billy Joe was also the first to sing the Joe South written song named "I Never Promised You A Rose Garden" that was later on released by Lynn Anderson.

I believe that Billy Joe was also the first to sing the Joe South written song named "Yo-Yo" that later on was done by the Osmonds.

God bless you and Billy Joe's family always!!!

Holly

P.S. I can't help but wonder if this could be a reason why Billy Joe went on to do a lot of song covering during his time here with us.

"Rockin' Robin"
"CC Rider"
"Little Bitty Pretty One"
"I Fought The Law"
"Last Kiss"
"The Twist"
"96 Tears"
"I'm Sorry"
"Under The Board Walk"
"Tell It Like It Is"
"Drift Away"
"Stand By Me"
"Up On The Roof"
"On Broadway"
"Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head"
"Spanish Harlem"
"To Love Somebody"
"Don't Let The Sun Set On You In Tulsa"
"Every Night"
"He'll Have To Go"
"Please Come To Boston"
"Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song"
"How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You"
"So Into You"
"Let Your Love Flow"
"Another Saturday Night"
"This Magic Moment"
"You Really Got A Hold On Me"
"My Girl"
"Cracklin' Rosie"
"Crying"
"Do You Love As Good As You Look"
"Good Ol' Boys"
"I Love A Rainy Night"
"Love On The Rocks"
"Oh No"
"Wake Up Little Susie"
"Amanda"
"Your Cheatin' Heart"
"Lets Go To Luchenback Texas"
"Bring It On Home"
"Take This Job And Shove It"
"I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry"
"Solitary Man"
"Wurlitzer Prize"
"Lawdy Miss Clawdy"
"Lucille"

What I just listed here are the songs that I know were done first by another singer, therefore the beautiful precious may have put his spin on plenty of others.....I love a man who cleans house. :D :D :D

an old british ballad about one sister, eaten with jealousy of her younger sister being the favorite of a man they both loved, kills her sibling. It was called the "Twa sisters. and later the two sisters.

No one knows the original artist but I have put up one of the traditional versions down by the well known Irish band
now my favorite is cover with substantial modification by the late great Jerry Garcia

The cover isn't better but its very good and that is a credit. Besides the guitarist in the cover is as good as the one in the original :)

This song was written by Paul McCartney so I guess that he put it out there first of course, but I love to hear Billy Joe sing it. :) :) :)

God bless you and his family and Paul always!!!

Holly

I love to hear the late beautiful precious cover this song done first by the Atlanta Rhythm Section act. :) :) :)

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back