Cover songs that in your opinion are better than the original

I'll throw this out- not that anyone will get it...

But yeah, it's way better than the original.

ever hear Annie Haslam's cover?

No and I looked but can't find her singing America. Lil' help?

I hear it on satellite radio every once in a while

its off the album Songs from Renaissance days-no you tube I could find

I saw a 40+ minute vid on youtube. It may include America. But yeah doesn't surprise me. She's been working with Steve Howe for 30 some years now. :thup:

IMHO the three greatest UK modern lady vocalists are these three

Maddy Prior-Steeleye Span
Annie Haslam-Rennaissnce
Sandy (RIP) Denny-Fairport Convention, and (for one song) LZ

I will check them out.
I did see Renaissance back in the ought-70's (post-Wakeman). The were on a bill with Blue Oyster Cult and the headliner Wishbone Ash. :thup:
STILL GOT THE TICKET STUB! :beer:

ever hear Annie Haslam's cover?

I saw a 40+ minute vid on youtube. It may include America. But yeah doesn't surprise me. She's been working with Steve Howe for 30 some years now. :thup:

Annie Haslam-Rennaissnce
I will check them out.
I did see Renaissance back in the ought-70's (post-Wakeman). The were on a bill with Blue Oyster Cult and the headliner Wishbone Ash. :thup:

Wishbone Ash-one of those great bands like Uriah Heep that lots of people (and classic rock stations) seem to forget

Annie Haslam-Rennaissnce
I will check them out.

Wishbone Ash-one of those great bands like Uriah Heep that lots of people (and classic rock stations) seem to forget
Yup.

Yet, with satellite radio and streaming internet radio there is a plethora of classics to be heard and appreciated.

I do remember in the days of old hearing a local FM station play the extra loooooong version of Inagodadavida. Now that's some tripped out shit LOL.

Annie Haslam-Rennaissnce
I will check them out.

Yup.

Yet, with satellite radio and streaming internet radio there is a plethora of classics to be heard and appreciated.

I do remember in the days of old hearing a local FM station play the extra loooooong version of Inagodadavida. Now that's some tripped out shit LOL.

DJ's would put that on when they wanted a quick lunch break or figured they might have a bit of constipation

Here's another cover of Voodoo Child that I like by Orianthi. I don't think it's better than the original, but I'm posting it here because she is so cute and she's not bad guitarist! :D

it takes guts to try to measure up to a master's greatest work

in some cases its a fail-Molly Hatchet job of Duane Allman's s DREAMS

sometimes its a success. DEREK TRUCKS cover of DUANE ALLMAN's DREAMS

which is why lots of us long time ABB fans think Derek is as good as his idol

Here's another cover of Voodoo Child that I like by Orianthi. I don't think it's better than the original, but I'm posting it here because she is so cute and she's not bad guitarist! :D

it takes guts to try to measure up to a master's greatest work

in some cases its a fail-Molly Hatchet job of Duane Allman's s DREAMS

sometimes its a success. DEREK TRUCKS cover of DUANE ALLMAN's DREAMS

which is why lots of us long time ABB fans think Derek is as good as his idol

He took over for DA, didn't he? I always find it a bit confusing when the band members die and others take over their spot.

I like Alien Ant Farm's version a lot more than Michael Jackson's and not just because MJ is an icky kid lover (and come on people, there is no doubt about that). AAF is just sharper and faster and it just seems better to me.

Forum List

Back