Courts in Florida knock down "Terry's Law"..

I've read a great deal on this situation in the last few days.
Admittedly, I have not seen all the information available from the last 14 years.

What I have seen is enough to suggest that neither side may be presenting all
the facts. This in itself is very disturbing to me.

Because of that, I'd like to see a Court appointed independent medical team
perform a complete evaluation of this lady, including ALL possible tests available
to determine her true medical condition.
I'm not talking about a team of local yokels. I mean the best in the Country even the world.
Then their evaluation of Terry used to move forward.

I don't see any other reasonable way around the questions that arise from
opposing sides continued opposition to the other. Terri seems to be trapped
in a game of monkey in the middle.

In addition this comes down to what's best for Terry, not the husband, parents, you or me.

Could you folks accept that?

Bullypulpit said:
This isn't about environmental issues. If you can't rationally address the subject, don't try to change it.

Come on, Bully - you're not THAT bleedin' dense!!?? My observation that libs care more for snail darters and spotted owls than innocent, helpless human life is scarcely an attempt to shift this discussion to ENVIRONMENTAL issues! Stop trying to rather me!

Gem said:
This might have been a valid argument if you had bothered to clarify my position on abortion or the liberal judges decisions on things such as gay marriage, partial birth abortion, or the appointment of Bush's judge nominees...however, since you decided to make a smarmy presumption rather than simply asking...you have proven yourself a self-righteous and prejudiced person who stereotypes people who disagree with you. Don't worry you have company...Merlin is right there with you.

Well Ill take the company of Merlin anyday, at least with him If something horrible were to happen I stand a chance of being kept alive over the wishes of those that think they know what criteria makes for quality of life, amazing how brilliant, insightful, and talented these people are. And once again you skirt the issue of legality. I find that funny since it was you who made that your bone of contention with my initial response,let's see something like" I frighten you at my let the ends justify the means" and disrepsect for the almighty and many times flawed law..........She left no living will, so yes the courts are overstepping their bounds in deciding this case based upon their own ideas of who lives and who dies, and the heresay of her husband. If he were to produce proof that HER wish was to die under certain circumstances like the one she is in now, then I stand firmly on let her die, because it is Her decision. How is it her parents know nothing of this?

Regarding your last comment Im not going to apologize because I take a strong stance on putting value on any life, your assertion that that makes me self righteous prone to stereotypes doesn't wash........Its an old argument designed to get those with strong opinions on certain issues to back down out of shame by being called closed minded. Nice try but no cigar. On most issues there is gray area, not on this one! If you don't agree then great for you.

Mr. P said:
I've read a great deal on this situation in the last few days.
Admittedly, I have not seen all the information available from the last 14 years.

What I have seen is enough to suggest that neither side may be presenting all
the facts. This in itself is very disturbing to me.

Because of that, I'd like to see a Court appointed independent medical team
perform a complete evaluation of this lady, including ALL possible tests available
to determine her true medical condition.
I'm not talking about a team of local yokels. I mean the best in the Country even the world.
Then their evaluation of Terry used to move forward.

I don't see any other reasonable way around the questions that arise from
opposing sides continued opposition to the other. Terri seems to be trapped
in a game of monkey in the middle.

In addition this comes down to what's best for Terry, not the husband, parents, you or me.

Could you folks accept that?

Works for me.

:thup:

Gem said:
.you have proven yourself a self-righteous and prejudiced person who stereotypes people who disagree with you. Don't worry you have company...Merlin is right there with you.

Oh stop. Now you've hurt my little feelings.

Forum List

Back