Court to hear case of teen strip-searched for ibuprofen

If you're done crying and whining, I think I'll get back to the topic at hand now.

Explain how a Republican President runs all the school boards around the Country? In the 80's and early 90's when this crap started the Democrats ran most everything. Even after 96 when the Republicans had a slim edge in NATIONAL Politics the Liberal left ran a lot of the country.

You are aware that National elections have nothing to do with Local and State elections? Yes?

For example, North Carolina had until the last election pretty much voted in block for A Republican for President for years, yet the STATE is run by Democrats. The only time the Republicans even came close was for 2 years when the State House had a 50 50 split.

They vote in a slight edge of Republican Senators and Congressman for National Politics but vote in Democrats for the State Government. I wonder why if this is true you would stupidly think the school boards would be dominated by the Republicans? Perhaps because you are only 17 and have no idea about reality?

Explain how a Republican President runs all the school boards around the Country? In the 80's and early 90's when this crap started the Democrats ran most everything. Even after 96 when the Republicans had a slim edge in NATIONAL Politics the Liberal left ran a lot of the country.

You are aware that National elections have nothing to do with Local and State elections? Yes?

For example, North Carolina had until the last election pretty much voted in block for A Republican for President for years, yet the STATE is run by Democrats. The only time the Republicans even came close was for 2 years when the State House had a 50 50 split.

They vote in a slight edge of Republican Senators and Congressman for National Politics but vote in Democrats for the State Government. I wonder why if this is true you would stupidly think the school boards would be dominated by the Republicans? Perhaps because you are only 17 and have no idea about reality?
he shows how little he really knows

And yet despite all this I've never seen Republicans nor Democrats really fight to get rid of them.

Please explain this or prove me wrong.

And yet despite all this I've never seen Republicans nor Democrats really fight to get rid of them.

Please explain this or prove me wrong.
i dont know if you are asking ME or not

but this is my take on it

its a LOCAL issue, so you WONT find republicans doing anything on a NATIONAL level
check your local school board

I can't believe the school officials aren't being tried. Even if the girl did deserve to be strip searched,which I doubt, it should have been done by the authorities, not some perv who works for the school district.

You know I haven't seen either side make much of an effort to try to rid schools of zero tolerance.
This is true. People become sheep, especially when they think something doesn't directly affect them. I pretty much see by this thread that everyone seems to think zero tolerance is a bad thing.

And yet it is used throughout the culture. From harsh sentences to people addicted to drug to the mother of all zero tolerance policies...George W. Bush's, "yer either wid us or again us."
:

Last edited by a moderator:
"With the help of the American Civil Liberties Union, Redding and her family sued, and a federal appeals court in San Francisco, California, ruled against the school.

The court wrote: "Common sense informs us that directing a 13-year-old girl to remove her clothes, partially revealing her breasts and pelvic area, for allegedly possessing ibuprofen ... was excessively intrusive."

:clap2:

While it's understandable for the school to have a policy that requires permission for all medicines, to strip search a child is exactly that...EXCESSIVELY INTRUSIVE.

There is NO legitimate reason for the school to have that type of authority.

Well according to the news, the Supreme Court will hear the arguments soon, I haven't seen anyone who is rooting for the school (except for the school and their lawyers).

I keep hearing the same arguments that the school, NEEDS to be able to violate the fourth amendment to fight crime. But golly you'd think that the people who wrote the 4th amendment would know it would hurt crime-fighting and yet they still made it anyway.

Blech I'm so damn sick of court cases that let schools trample on the constitution. Bong hits 4 Jesus anyone?

Well according to the news, the Supreme Court will hear the arguments soon, I haven't seen anyone who is rooting for the school (except for the school and their lawyers).

I keep hearing the same arguments that the school, NEEDS to be able to violate the fourth amendment to fight crime. But golly you'd think that the people who wrote the 4th amendment would know it would hurt crime-fighting and yet they still made it anyway.

Blech I'm so damn sick of court cases that let schools trample on the constitution. Bong hits 4 Jesus anyone?
searching school lockers is not a violation of anything, its SCHOOL property
strip searching a child, no way is that something i would allow ANY school official to do

strip searching a child, no way is that something i would allow ANY school official to do

But they can also search backpacks and purses which are not school property by any stretch.

But they can also search backpacks and purses which are not school property by any stretch.
and i wouldnt support that either
i see it as a violation without a warrant

Forum List

Back