Court sides with pharmacists against emergency contraceptives

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
Court sides with pharmacists against emergency contraceptives
CHICAGO, Ill.— An Illinois appellate court has ruled in favor of two pharmacists who objected to providing emergency contraception because they said it infringed upon their religious beliefs.

A lawsuit by Luke Vander Bleek and Glenn Kosirog challenged a 2005 executive order by then-Gov. Rod Blagojevich requiring all pharmacists to fill prescriptions for the so-called morning-after pill.

They argued they were protected by the Illinois Health Care Right of Conscience Act. That law says health professionals cannot be punished if they refuse to offer a service because of their conscientious convictions.

The Chicago Tribune reports that Friday's ruling applies only to the two pharmacists. But their lawyer, Francis Manion, says the precedent means the state cannot go after other pharmacists who similarly refuse to provide the pill.​

Economy recovering.....check

Bin Laden killed.....check

GM rebuilt.......check

What will the Republicans run on?

Anticontraception????

Check.

Oh goodie, now we have NaziCon pharmacists.

1+SOUP+Nazi+RPh+morphed.png

Economy recovering.....check NOPE

Bin Laden killed.....check MAYBE

GM rebuilt.......check UAW PAID OFF

What will the Republicans run on? NOT Obama

Anticontraception???? Freedom of conscience

Check. The desire of most Liberals, to sign the back of the check.

You're as big an idiot as Black Fable, Chrissy...

Last edited:

Eat a dick fuck face. Chris is spot on and that's why you're resorting to childish name-calling because you have nothing else :up:

Eat a dick fuck face. Chris is spot on and that's why you're resorting to childish name-calling because you have nothing else :up:

LOL as silly as name calling is he is just following your M.O.

You got a big dick, Black Fable??

Spit it out, it isn't yours!

Whiny little bitch like you must be used to chowing down on cock.

Well, whattya know -- the court got one right.

Big government and anti-freedom is "getting one right"? :cuckoo:

So how is this big Gov?I know it will be a struggle for you,but give it a try.

Typical progressive,my wishes always out way others,this one has no idea what freedom means.

Especially when being forced to supply a few customers with these particular contraceptives can cost a small pharmacy a lot more than they can recover from selling them to the public.

That's Libs for ya...always looking out for the little guy.

How is allowing a businessperson to run thier business as they see fit anti-freedom?

Because they like to punish those that will not conform to their will...why else. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

So forcing someone to do something they don't want to is freedom to you? Yeah....statist's unite....They got this correct. If you want it then take it to a pharmacist that will fill it...its just like when my pharmacy doesn't have a medicine I may need I go to a different one...

Didn't realize how stupid and ignorant some people could be until this thread. I mean really FORCING someone to fill a prescription is freedom to you....just baffles me how the fuck you manage to come up with that logic.

So forcing someone to do something they don't want to is freedom to you? Yeah....statist's unite....They got this correct. If you want it then take it to a pharmacist that will fill it...its just like when my pharmacy doesn't have a medicine I may need I go to a different one...

Religion has no place when it comes to what pharmaceuticals someone can, and can not get just because some nuts want to force their religion on others.

If they have an issue with this, they are in the wrong line of work.

They are also offered free without a prescription at hundreds of free clinics (and abortion facilities) across the country. It's not like it's not available somewhere else for whoever wants it.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back