Court: Sexually dangerous can be kept in prison

Not for sex with a minor. Meaning not if an 18 year old slept with a sixteen year old ect. I think 12 and younger validates child molestation.

Why you ask? Because it's sick and it destroys the rest of that Childs Life. Children have to be protected bro. I assure you there would be much less violators. ~BH

All right - but there are plenty of other crimes that destroy the rest of a person's life, child or older, and in far worse ways than a child's life is affected by molestation at an early age.

Why the death penalty for this particular crime?

Why do I ask? You aren't going to like the answer. I ask, because I see a particular tendency on the part of many politically conservative folks, to come down hard on people they perceive as different than themselves. Certainly, child molestors are quite different than most of us. But so are gay people. And underpriviledged people.

So I suspect, that when many politically conservative people clamor for the death penalty for child molestors, their true motivation for doing so (their hidden agenda, if you will), is nothing more than a perverse desire to come down extra hard on someone who is different. Sure, child molestors affect the lives of the children they molest. But suppose an otherwise normal, straight, white, adult male got drunk and hit a car driven by a very pretty young woman, smashing her face in and ruining her good looks for the rest of her life. Death penalty for him?

Possibly not the best example I could come up with, but I think it conveys my point.

Can you honestly say that your feeling that the death penalty for child molestors is motivated entirely by concern for the welfare of the child involved? None of that feeling has to do with your feelings about child molestors in general, separate and apart from any harm to the child inolved?

That is very bad example George. You are absolutely incorrect to assume that it is Political or personal. I have children and those are my honest feelings. I also have a brother who is gay. By the way, Being Gay has nothing to do with perverted child predators. Nice deflection though bro. ~BH

Deflection? From what? I am asking about what your motivation is behind your feeling that child molestors should get the death penalty.

I brought gays into the picture not to compare them in any way with child molestors but, rather, to show them as but one of the examples of minority groups (if you will) that are persecuted and set upon by many conservatives and by many conservative policies.

Seems to me that if anyone is deflecting here, it is you.

But be that as it may - OK, you deny any personal desire to simply mess over child molestors as a basis for your feeling they should get the death penalty. If you say so, there is little I can do to counter that. If that is really true, more power to you.

I will agree that child molestation is a pretty volitile crime - it engenders very strong, emotional reactions in those victimized by it, both the children involved and probably to a greater extent, the adults in the lives of those children. I am not sure that the death penalty is proper for child molestors. For whatever it is worth, child molestors are sick people who cannot control what they do. Being sick and being unable to control what you do does not excuse the commission of crimes - but I think it is a factor that should be taken into account when dolling out punishment.

The way I understand it, is that child molesters get an eye for and eye in prison. I may be wrong but this is what I have been told.

So no the death sentence is far to good. Death penalty prisoners are segregated from the general population of prisoners. I would prefer child molesters spend a good long time in regular jail general population and hopefully they get back some of their own.

You are correct that life is very tough for child molestors in prison. It's very tough for them in county jail as well.

At the stage I handle them, felony child molestation defendants are being lodged in county jail pending further court hearings. When they come to court, we have to be very careful. When talking to them in lockup, I never discuss the facts of their case openly with them, where other inmates sitting in adjoining interview stalls can hear what is being talked about. I never tell them what they are being charged with or, if a sex crime prior is alleged, anything about the nature of the alleged prior - again, so that no other prisoner can overhear and then spread the word back in the holding cell.

When a sex crime defendant is going to plead guilty, we have him brought up separately rather than with other prisoners.

Did you ever watch The Sopranos? Remember when it turned out that Vito was gay and the other mobsters found out about it? Remember what happened to Vito? Not good. Well, guys who commit crimes and who go to jail or prison, are much like those guys on The Sopranos. In many ways, they are quite conservative . . . :eusa_whistle:

Recognizing this, and also not wanting to be on the end of huge civil actions for wrongful death, jail and prison administrators make sure that anyone with a "sex jacket" is totally and completely segregated from the general population, at all times.

I hear a lot of "put the bastards in with the general population" talk on here, when it comes to child molestors. Wishful thinking - it never happens.

Deflection? From what? I am asking about what your motivation is behind your feeling that child molestors should get the death penalty.

And I answered your question bro. It ruins the childs Life. Eye for an eye bud.

I brought gays into the picture not to compare them in any way with child molestors but, rather, to show them as but one of the examples of minority groups (if you will) that are persecuted and set upon by many conservatives and by many conservative policies.

Seems to me that if anyone is deflecting here, it is you.

Oh really, how so? I answered your question, and then you compare gays being persecuted to Child Molesters. Child Molesters are not persecuted, whatever they get they deserve. What a load of crap.

But be that as it may - OK, you deny any personal desire to simply mess over child molestors as a basis for your feeling they should get the death penalty. If you say so, there is little I can do to counter that. If that is really true, more power to you.

I am not holding my breath for this pacisfist Society to actually execute true Justice by protecting children. So more power to YOU my friend.

I will agree that child molestation is a pretty volitile crime - it engenders very strong, emotional reactions in those victimized by it, both the children involved and probably to a greater extent, the adults in the lives of those children. I am not sure that the death penalty is proper for child molestors. For whatever it is worth, child molestors are sick people who cannot control what they do. Being sick and being unable to control what you do does not excuse the commission of crimes - but I think it is a factor that should be taken into account when dolling out punishment.

Well, We disagree on the punishment and the diagnoses. You think that they can't help it, but I think that they can. I am sure there are plenty of sickos that think about it, get off about thinking about it, but don't act upon it. If you rape a child, you deserve to be wiped out of the human gene pool. I enjoyed the discussion though. ~BH

The way I understand it, is that child molesters get an eye for and eye in prison. I may be wrong but this is what I have been told.

So no the death sentence is far to good. Death penalty prisoners are segregated from the general population of prisoners. I would prefer child molesters spend a good long time in regular jail general population and hopefully they get back some of their own.

You are correct that life is very tough for child molestors in prison. It's very tough for them in county jail as well.

At the stage I handle them, felony child molestation defendants are being lodged in county jail pending further court hearings. When they come to court, we have to be very careful. When talking to them in lockup, I never discuss the facts of their case openly with them, where other inmates sitting in adjoining interview stalls can hear what is being talked about. I never tell them what they are being charged with or, if a sex crime prior is alleged, anything about the nature of the alleged prior - again, so that no other prisoner can overhear and then spread the word back in the holding cell.

When a sex crime defendant is going to plead guilty, we have him brought up separately rather than with other prisoners.

Did you ever watch The Sopranos? Remember when it turned out that Vito was gay and the other mobsters found out about it? Remember what happened to Vito? Not good. Well, guys who commit crimes and who go to jail or prison, are much like those guys on The Sopranos. In many ways, they are quite conservative . . . :eusa_whistle:

Recognizing this, and also not wanting to be on the end of huge civil actions for wrongful death, jail and prison administrators make sure that anyone with a "sex jacket" is totally and completely segregated from the general population, at all times.

I hear a lot of "put the bastards in with the general population" talk on here, when it comes to child molestors. Wishful thinking - it never happens.

Well I have to applaud you for taking care of your clients. But I cant say it makes me happy. No I've not seen the Sopranos so you will have to tell me about it sometime. But I get the idea.

Maybe that's what people need to do. Inform the general population in prisons when they get a new pal. :lol: Sorry but I have zero sympathy for child molesters in prison. Not that I want them dead, I do however want then to know what it feels like to be powerless and sexually abused.

New Topics

Forum List

Back