Court rules that internet trolling not protected by the 1st...

death threats ... are not protected...in nc if you go up and get in someone's face...and threaten them...you can be arrested...it concerns their ability to carry out the threat and all...

i.e. if i said to gunny....i am gonna kick your ass....i dont think gunny is too feared of a 56 yr old woman

but if i said it to someone smaller or weaker than me...and they were afraid i could do it...i would be guilty of some type of assault...

Last edited:

Learn how to read you dumbfuck. The case isn't about trolling. Now backpedal at NASA speed because it's your only option. (we all know you won't admit a mistake)
How silly are you trying to look today? Radioman isn't a hack, and when and if he makes a mistake he owns up to it.

Okay. If you say so.

Learn how to read you dumbfuck. The case isn't about trolling. Now backpedal at NASA speed because it's your only option. (we all know you won't admit a mistake)

It's. A. Joke.....:doubt:

I saw it was an attempted joke.......I really don't care either way. What will be interesting will be the response and probably the creation of a Cyber Protection Ground Unit within State and Federal law enforcement agencies. Just like that guy in Oregon cops will be busting down doors in "anticipation" of violent crimes from emotional outbursts on message boards. Eventually everyone will be living in clear plexiglass houses wearing transparent ra
in suits and anyone who doesn't will be seen as a terrorist plotting to blow up the local TCBY.

You know those long, boring threads that you post a word, then the next poster posts the first word that comes to their mind?

Such was the board I was on.

Anyway, every time this one member posted a word in the thread, I'd respond posting: "Moo!"

I was banned.:razz:

Jesus, you gotta be one of the dumbest members here.

"Cyberbulling...and USMB falls silent" doesn't work as a joke.

"Trolling...and USMB falls silent" DOES you figgin' nincompoop.

YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME, MUTHAFUCKA!!!

STEP UP, PUSSYBOY!!!

:eek:

image.axd

The only contact 15-year-old Wayne Treacyhad ever had with 8th grader Josie Lou Ratley before allegedly beating her nearly to death Wednesday was a brief flurry of text messages earlier that day, Florida police say.

Witnesses say Josie Lou Ratley was beaten up by a 15-year-old male student. Broward County Sheriff Al Lamberti told ABC News that eyewitnesses report Treacy didn't utter a word as he kicked the 15-year-old girl repeatedly with his steel-toed boots, "in the head, soccer style," until a teacher eventually pried him off.

"I think this is probably the first case of 'text rage' we've ever seen. We've had road rage before, but never text rage," said Lamberti.

Ratley was hospitalized with severe head injuries, and Treacy, who confessed the beating to police, has been charged with premeditated attempted murder. A hearing in Fort Lauderdale today will determine whether or not to try Treacy as an adult.

"She's in an induced coma -- part of her skull has been removed to allow the swelling in her head to go down, and she's black and blue from head to toe," Ratley family lawyer Rick Friedman said at a press conference today.

Another girl, 13, is also being held in juvenile detention connection with the incident and could be charged with accessory to attempted murder, according to the sheriff's office.

The message that allegedly triggered such fury in Treacy, a 9th grader at Deerfield Beach High School who authorities say had no previous record, involved a comment Ratley reportedly made about Treacy's 28 year-old brother, who committed suicide last October.

Treacy found his older brother hanging from a tree outside a local church, said public defender Betsy Benson, who is representing Treacy.

According to Treacy's confession and eyewitness testimony, Wednesday's events began when Treacy's 13-year-old girlfriend, who doesn't own a cell phone, used Ratley's phone to text Treacy, a 9th grader with a mop of brown hair covering his eyes.

Ratley frowned upon Treacy's relationship with the girl because of their age difference, according to Lamberti, and she sent Treacy a text message voicing her disapproval.

During an ensuing text exchange, the tenor of the messages became increasingly heated, Lamberti said, culminating in Ratley's message about Treacy's brother.

Treacy then dashed off a final text, telling Ratley, "I'm going to snap your neck," according to the sheriff's office, which has asked the phone company for the exact messages.

Treacy then pulled on his steel-toed boots and rode his bicycle to the Deerfield Beach Middle School to meet with his girlfriend, who allegedly identified Ratley, wearing a red shirt and a black backpack, standing in a crowd at the school bus loop.

According to the sheriff's office, Treacy pounced.

"He slammed this girl's head into the concrete, then he started kicking her and punching her in the neck," one student told ABC affiliate WPLG. Another student recalled watching a puddle of blood form around the teenage girl's head.

Investigators say neither Treacy, nor Ratley, who students said loved art class and reading her books, had ever had disciplinary problems.

Last November a group of teens from Treacy's high school, Deerfield Beech High, set 15-year-old Michael Brewer on fire over a dispute about a stolen video game. Brewer suffered burns to 80 percent his body. Three of the teens were charged as adults.

'Text Rage' Leads to Alleged Brutal Teen Beating - ABC News

What the fuk is wrong with people they would actually stand there and watch this happen? That fuxxing sucks!

"that these words produce grotesque and exaggerated images does not lessen the gravity of the threat?

Are you kidding me? If someone made a threat to do something almost cartoonishly violent I think that'd be a cue it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

"“The threat in this case was not merely a few words shouted during a brawl; it was a series of grammatically correct sentences composed at a computer keyboard over a period of at least several minutes.”

So if I make a threat that isn't grammatically correct it won't be taken as seriously? Good to know. Also people can spend a lot of time cooking up dark scenarios for shock value that doesn't mean they'll follow up on any of it

Last edited:

Forum List

Back