Court rules part of Jefferson raid unconstitutional

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
Following his indictment, Jefferson's supporters accused the Bush administration of targeting black Democrats to shift attention from the legal troubles of Republican congressmen.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/....ap/index.html
Wow, not only are they trying to balme it on President Bush they are also playing the race card. Im sure President Bush snuck into this guys house while he was sleeping and planted $90,000 in his freezer.

This asshole needs to be removed from the House and put in jail.

what about a bunch of crap, democrats are just as guilty of being caught dancing in the shadows as republicans.

Does corruptness care whether you have an r or d next to your name, and just cause someone hasnt been caught, doesnt mean they are not doing shady things behind the scenes.

Following his indictment, Jefferson's supporters accused the Bush administration of targeting black Democrats to shift attention from the legal troubles of Republican congressmen.

Wow, not only are they trying to balme it on President Bush they are also playing the race card. Im sure President Bush snuck into this guys house while he was sleeping and planted $90,000 in his freezer.

Your link did not work. Said page not found. Now if a Judge actually ruled part of the search unconstitutional I sure as hell hope it gets taken up the chain. I am assuming you mean the search of his offices in the Capitol. The Search occurred while congress was NOT in session on a weekend and there is no grounds for claiming immunity as a congressman. The search did not effect his ability to vote or participate in the Congress and was a legal search for specific documents listed in a legal search warrent. Congressman do not get immunity from the law simply by placing documents in their offices. The specific restrictions on law enforcement have to do with impeding a member from a vote or his ability to participate in the House. The search did neither.

Your link did not work. Said page not found. Now if a Judge actually ruled part of the search unconstitutional I sure as hell hope it gets taken up the chain. I am assuming you mean the search of his offices in the Capitol. The Search occurred while congress was NOT in session on a weekend and there is no grounds for claiming immunity as a congressman. The search did not effect his ability to vote or participate in the Congress and was a legal search for specific documents listed in a legal search warrent. Congressman do not get immunity from the law simply by placing documents in their offices. The specific restrictions on law enforcement have to do with impeding a member from a vote or his ability to participate in the House. The search did neither.

Hmmmm, the link works for me. Goto www.cnn.com and scroll down almost to the bottom of the page and it's under politics.

President Bush is still the chief executive, right? Isn't the FBI part of the executive branch?

Of course it still isn't fair to blame it on him, considering he's never read the Constitution

I can accept the Speech and Debate Clause protection. What you have to reconcile yourself to is the fact that some crimes MIGHT go unpunished because of it, but it's a price to be paid for the separation of powers. The danger the fathers foresaw was an executive branch trying to shut down the legislative branch.

But, Jefferson is bad enough that this suppression won't kill the case against him. The 90K in cash in the freezer came from his house.

Forum List

Back