Court Rejects Atheist's Claim Over Boy Scouts

What I'm saying is don't claim you are a private, religious organization exempt from anti-discrimination laws in one breath, while claiming to be a non-religious organization who should be allowed public funding and facilities in the other. That's called hypocrisy.

acludem

I personally don't care if they use public buildings... it's the constant whining about people choosing to no longer support them with their donations that ticks me off. If the Boy Scouts want to be exclusive... fine, stop coming to me for a handout every year through the United Way.

And I must agree with acludem... that little feel good story isn't anything special. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are more or less the same religion... only difference is whose prophets are more prophetlicious...

acludem said:
What I'm saying is don't claim you are a private, religious organization exempt from anti-discrimination laws in one breath, while claiming to be a non-religious organization who should be allowed public funding and facilities in the other. That's called hypocrisy.

acludem

And here I was thinking that the hypocricy was by forbidding taxpayors and their families from using public venues simply because they were religious. I was going to follow up with the question: "should a city council allow a religious group (like a church congregation) to reserve and use a pavillion at the local park?"

The hypocricy is with those who would deny a citizen their rights because they disagree with their ideology.

Hey Assendorf and ACLU - would either of you support my lawsuit against Grambling University? I mean...don't I have the RIGHT to enroll in WHICHEVER College I choose? THEIR standards be damned!

Talk about wanting one's cake - the fock head who sued Wants to NOT abide by an organization's requirements, AND STILL JOIN.

What the hell happened to you two as children to make you so thick-headed?

dmp said:
Hey Assendorf and ACLU - would either of you support my lawsuit against Grambling University? I mean...don't I have the RIGHT to enroll in WHICHEVER College I choose? THEIR standards be damned!

You're blathering again. Is this some kind of "they won't let me in because I'm white" thing? What the hell are you trying to say? Please, try to present a coherent argument if you want to debate something.

Talk about wanting one's cake - the fock head who sued Wants to NOT abide by an organization's requirements, AND STILL JOIN.

Uh, stupid, I agree with you. I agreed with you like ten posts back. I think the guy's a moron... why would you want to join a group that hates you and your family? It's as dumb as Thomas Sowell wanting to join the Klan.

What the hell happened to you two as children to make you so thick-headed?

Wait a second, I'm agreeing with you so I'm thick-headed? Good call stupid! You might just be right for once.

jasendorf said:
I personally don't care if they use public buildings... it's the constant whining about people choosing to no longer support them with their donations that ticks me off. If the Boy Scouts want to be exclusive... fine, stop coming to me for a handout every year through the United Way.

And I must agree with acludem... that little feel good story isn't anything special. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are more or less the same religion... only difference is whose prophets are more prophetlicious...

Hmmm... The troop I belonged to was supported by the church to which they affiliated. I don't think I have ever had the Boy Scouts solicit me for a donation. Tell me, where do they approach you?

The Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts sell popcorn around here to raise money. And in many areas, they receive United Way (which is partially government subsidized) funding.

acludem

Forum List

Back