Court orders DOJ to explain President Obama's comments on their authority.

Your precious Bush made the judiciary as partisan as he could manage and that was fine with you.

Now these partisan assholes are getting political and you appuald them and shit all over Obama of pointing it out.

Mind numbing stupid. partisan asshole

Last edited:
Looks like Obama will have to answer for his immature remarks he made Monday about the health care law and questioning the supreme courts ability to carry out their duty.

There is no case and controversy before the 5th circuit. even fakenews should understand that.

they have no business asking for anything.

i look forward to the justice department telling them to piss off.

You can look until the cows come home then... Holder said he'd respond.

I wonder how jillian the supposed lawyer...feels about contempt of court?

There is no case and controversy before the 5th circuit. even fakenews should understand that.

Those rules do not apply to Obama

Looks like Obama will have to answer for his immature remarks he made Monday about the health care law and questioning the supreme courts ability to carry out their duty.

i don't know why he would. there's no case before the 5th circuit and they have no authority.

CREDIBLE link, please.

Last edited:

Those rules do not apply to Obama

you really shouldn't encourage the drunk.

again... the 5th circuit has no authority here. there is no case before them. thus no authority to hold anyone in contempt of anything.

still waiting on that link saying holder would 'respond'.

i don't know why he would. there's no case before the 5th circuit and they have no authority.

link, please.
same link as the Holder thread... in fact, it was the OP...
Holder Says 'courts Have Final Say' In Response To Furor Over Obama's Health Law Comments | Fox News

Attorney General Eric Holder acknowledged Wednesday that the "courts have final say," and said his department would respond formally to an appeals court order to explain whether the Obama administration believes judges in fact have the power to overturn federal laws.

link, please.
Holder Says 'courts Have Final Say' In Response To Furor Over Obama's Health Law Comments | Fox News

Attorney General Eric Holder acknowledged Wednesday that the "courts have final say," and said his department would respond formally to an appeals court order to explain whether the Obama administration believes judges in fact have the power to overturn federal laws.

you don't really think i bothered reading a fauxnews link talking about this, do you?

that said, i can't imagine why he'd respond. there's certainly no legal obligation requiring them to. so i'm figuring it's a political thing.

stupid of them, but whatever.

*shrug*

I wonder how jillian the supposed lawyer, has the time to hang out at DA. Her practice can wait untill she wraps up her case on DA?

Last edited:

link, please.

you don't really think i bothered reading a fauxnews link talking about this, do you?

that said, i can't imagine why he'd respond. there's certainly no legal obligation requiring them to. so i'm figuring it's a political thing.

stupid of them, but whatever.

*shrug*

"U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday that the Justice Department will respond "appropriately" to a federal appellate judge in Texas who demanded a letter recognizing federal courts' authority to strike down laws passed by Congress."

"White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters in Washington that Obama does not regret using that word, and he insisted Obama was not trying to bully the justices by weighing in before the case is decided."

"Carney also repeated Holder's assurance that the Justice Department would comply with the Texas judge's demand for a letter of explanation."

"The Associated Press: Holder: Justice Department will respond to judge

Last edited:

Smith also made clear during that exchange that he was "referring to statements by the president in the past few days to the effect ... that it is somehow inappropriate for what he termed unelected judges to strike acts of Congress."
..."That has troubled a number of people who have read it as somehow a challenge to the federal courts or to their authority," Smith said. "And that's not a small matter."

Read more: Judges Order Justice Department To Clarify Obama Remarks On Health Law Case | Fox News

Read more: Judges Order Justice Department To Clarify Obama Remarks On Health Law Case | Fox News

I believe the 3 judge panel at the 5th curcuit is in the process of hearing arguements in this case..

The case in question, Physician Hospitals of America v. Sebelius, is a suit filed by a group of doctor-owned hospitals who say Obamacare is unconstitutional. DOJ has been attempting to get a court to make this thing go away since it was filed, but can’t.

And at today’s hearing, the three Republican-appointed judges on the panel were awfully cranky with the Justice Department’s lawyers.

Last edited:
A three-judge panel for the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday ordered the Justice Department to explain by Thursday whether the administration believes judges have the power to strike down a federal law.

They can't strike down federal law for any reason they like, no. Only if its unconstitutional.

Smith also made clear during that exchange that he was "referring to statements by the president in the past few days to the effect ... that it is somehow inappropriate for what he termed unelected judges to strike acts of Congress."
..."That has troubled a number of people who have read it as somehow a challenge to the federal courts or to their authority," Smith said. "And that's not a small matter."

It wasn't that long ago--that Obama--standing ABOVE the Justices in his state of the Union Speech--shown on National T.V. (looking down at them) decided to reprimand them in front of the nation--over a decision they made that our dear most intellectual--legal scholar--President disagreed with.

HERE IT IS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pB5uR3zgsA]Alito mouths "not true" as Obama criticizes Sup Ct for opening floodgates to special interests - YouTube[/ame]

And I wonder if our most intellectual President of all time is having a few nightmares about right now--and wishing he would not have done this---:badgrin:

Haven't seen you once complain about Trumps "immature" comments.

Haven't seen you once complain about Trumps "immature" comments.
cuz his are cool

Oh it bothers you when our President questions judges?

In context: Trump's racial comments about federal judge

How about when he lies about Judges?

Ever since his administration*’s child-kidnapping ring was exposed, the president* has told this story about how “they” came into his office and “they” said we need 5,000 judges to handle cases on the border. His latest iteration of this saga came on Monday night, during his improv set in front of an audience of eager goobers in South Carolina.

“They came to me three days ago and they said, ‘Sir, we’d like you to sign this order.’ What is the order? ‘We need 5000 judges on the border,’ I said, ‘Judges? What other country has judges?’ I said, ‘How many do we have now?’ They didn’t even know. So we have thousands of judges and now we’re going to have 5000. Now I’ve done a good job with judges – Judge Gorsuch [Goobers scream with delight], Supreme Court justice. And we have many judges, we will set the record I believe, for the most judges appointed, which is a very important thing…But they come up and, ‘Sir, we need 5000 judges.’… So we put a judge like on the bench, federal, it takes us weeks. It takes us a long time to get the judge. We’re talking about one person here.Here they want 5000. I said, ‘Where are you going to find 5000 people to be judges? How many do we have now?’ ‘I don’t know the number.’ They don’t even know the number even though they’re in charge. Nobody knows the number. We have thousands of judges already…I said, ‘I don’t want judges. I want ICE and Border Patrol agents.”

This is all a lie. There is no “they.” This meeting never happened. Nobody ever told him that we needed 5,000 judges. As it happens, there have not been 5,000 judges in the entire history of the federal court system. There are only a little less than 900 judges working in the federal system now, so we do not have “thousands of judges already.” And the phantom “they” are wrong about how many judges we have handling these cases now. Congress has authorized 484 of these judges, and less than 400 are presently working. This whole passage is one bald-faced non-fact after another.

Forum List

Back